[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how realistically will take me to self teach myself a CS bachelors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: carlcuck.png (230KB, 313x321px) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.png
230KB, 313x321px
how realistically will take me to self teach myself a CS bachelors?
>>
>>61380154
I'm not going to comprehend what indecipherable mumble of autism speak you just attempted to communicate with, so here's some CS for you.

https://teachyourselfcs.com/
https://functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/
>>
>>61380175
what are the odds that OP is able to read that
>>
>Go to law firm
>You: I taught myself law online
>Firm: fuck off

>Go to a construction firm
>You: I taught myself structural engineering online
>Firm: fuck off

>Go to a hospital
>You: I taught myself medicine online
>Hospital: fuck off

>Go to software company
>You: I taught myself programming online
>Software company: You get the job!
>>
>>61380368
CS is such a shitty degree for code monkeys. That's why most companies just say "any STEM degree."
>>
>>61380154
long long time
twitter no teach cs
>>
alt-fem degree many fasts
>>
>>61380368
I'm not sure what the intent was, but this post is accurate.
>>
>>61380175
do most colleges teach all that in literally 4-5 years?

how?

that shit is literally less than one year of work, at worst.
>>
>>61380457
CS curriculum is mostly math. The computer classes can be done in under two years if you are devoted enough. This is why no one cares about CS degrees all that much.
>>
>>61380468
why do you need an entire semester to study calculus I?

are people this dumb?
>>
The programming concepts you learn from a CS degree can be easily had in 6 months or so of self-study and personal projects to really grasp them.
The theoretical aspects of CS, which is what sets a computer scientist apart from a code monkey, will require a year or so.

Most universities fit their CS curriculum into two years - they just take 4 years because half of the degree is general educational requirements (history, literature, art).
>>
>>61380491
Because you're taking that along with 4 other classes at the same time?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.