[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this pic is true by 2023 I declare moore's law to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2017-07-13_19-19-57.png (271KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-13_19-19-57.png
271KB, 1600x900px
If this pic is true by 2023 I declare moore's law to be continuing
>>
>>61378228

i dont believe in that.
I think the Companies are withholding tech so they can sell you the next 10 Galaxy's generation with little improovements and gimmiks. It would be dumb just to dump the best tech on the market and have nothing to make the next gen with. That way you cant force the customer to buy the newer, better and faster thing every 6 months.

Of course technology in itself made leaps and bounds compared to early 2000's but that ,,new'' tech were getting now is like 4 years old and just got freed from a vault in the coropprate headquarters.
>>
Due to the laws of physics there's only so much we can pack into a small space until the heat generated melts the whole chip, drive, etc. Even if we could get shit into the quantum realm of tiny it would be entirely unfeasible to store data on "quantum" drives as data would get corrupted simply due to the nature of quantum mechanics. Technology will either reach a point where it can go no further simply because of physics, or humanity will need to learn more about the function of the universe in order to create better technology that goes hand in hand with these discoveries.

The only people who think Moore's Law is absolutely finite and will forever continue are normalfags who think their iPhone with a 0.5GHz improvement over the last is proof of Moore's Law, or they are singularityfags who think in only 5 years time he'll be able to upload his consciousness to the internet even though we still have no idea what consciousness even is in the brain.

Believe it or not, humanity is bound to nature just as much as any other animal. The only people who think contrary to that are leftards who think communism will totally work if we just try again.
>>
>>61378766
You're dumb, only silicon burns up the smaller it gets. If you use a semiconductor with a higher number of electrons it can push more electricity. Simply switching to Germanium could go down to 2nm while still pushing decent wattage.
>>
>>61378398
Have you ever worked in a semiconductor company?
>>
File: wow start arguing.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
wow start arguing.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>61378886
>You're dumb
>>
>>61378924
i work as a industrial mechanic in the ultrasonic field. I can tell you everybody is withholding innovations so they can sell stock from 2012
>>
>>61378936
You're even dumber than I expected. Silicon is the most fragile semiconductor, and the cheapest to produce. There are other cheap alternatives that would work just as well, even Arsenic, a very abundant chemical would make a far better semiconductor. It could stay solid up until 614C in addition to not even heating up nearly half as much as silicon when pushing the same amount of electricity.
>>
File: ARGUMENTS.jpg (28KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
ARGUMENTS.jpg
28KB, 567x565px
>>61379024
>You're even dumber than I expected
>>
>>61379044
You're fucking retarded dude. Read the post. Quit being a god damn aspie for once in your life. Stephan is a zionist shill anyway, just like you're being when you support these ridiculous business practices.
>>
>>61379127
Heh... I win...
>>
>>61379135
>Zero retorts to thought out arguments
Mr. Dumb Dumb here thinks he can computer.
>>
>>61378886
>Simply switching to Germanium could go down to 2nm while still pushing decent wattage.
and have enormous problems with tunneling, to the point of non-usability
There is a physical limit you have to plan for. -ene materials, while pretty cool in theory, have the same exact set of problems that will forever limit their usability
>>61379024
Arsenic per-se is used as a dopant, You're probably thinking of Gallium Arsenide? Harder to manufacture, more expensive, lower yields. It's not like it wasn't used before, it's just that it doesn't/didn't scale that well. It's still used for expensive, specialized mission-critical electronics
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.