[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

so ive got an old pocket tv with an external antenna connector (3.5mm jack) and ive got a composite to 3.5mm adapter (same one shown)

I connect my console to the adapter and plug it in, but im not getting it to work, any ideas /g/?
>>
>im not getting it to work
What exactly? If you're trying to watch TV on it, there are no more analogue signals so it won't work.
>>
Double check that theres no celery interrupting the picture.
>>
>>61375873
what this guy said

Also its an output only kinda thingy, you can't show something from an external source on this
>>
File: 1288434304.jpg (10KB, 244x232px) Image search: [Google]
1288434304.jpg
10KB, 244x232px
>>61375833
im plugging a console in through a composite to 3.5mm adapter, lrn2read

>>61375873
only a couple carrots
>>
Composite video is a completely different signal than System M. You need to find an RF adapter for your console and then physically adapt its coax to to the proprietary antenna connector.
>>
>>61375909
output only? but an antenna receives an external signal?

ive disconnected the physical antenna and the tv stops on a few different channels meaning its picking something up but its mostly just static, sometimes I can faintly hear the game music
>>
>>61375939
I was hoping I wouldnt have to solder anything but thats the only solution?
>>
Yes but the antenna doesn't use a 3.5/RCA to connect, they use a coax trype connector which you had to screw on your TV back in the day, also you already have the physical antenna so i'm pretty sure the cables you have aren't for that.

Do you have the model of the pocket tv?
>>
>>61375971
You don't need to solder anything. You just need an RF modulator. Any RF modulator will do. Virtually all VCRs have an RF modulator built-in which will work, if you happen to have one of those.
>>
>>61375971
you shouldn't have to solder anything, but it may be easier than finding a premade adapter, especially as you're going to have to experiment to find the right pinout.
>>
>>61375991
I have seen 3.5mm jacks used for antenna inputs, but even if it's not an antenna input, OP could just connect a coax cable to the actual antenna of the TV. Might not be the best connection, but it will work.
>>
>>61376072
if the of put the model he has in his pic, it's an external antenna connector on a 3.5mm mono jack. so what he needs to do is:
- find rf adapter for his console
- connect that to a 75 to 300 ohm adapter
- find mono 3.5mm headphone cable
- chop it in half
- connect 300-ohm leads to headphone cable
>>
File: Trinitron.5.jpg (645KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Trinitron.5.jpg
645KB, 2048x1536px
>>61376137
>- find rf adapter for his console
There's no need for a special snowflake console-specific RF adapter though. Any generic RF modulator or VCR will work.

Last I checked you could still find RF modulators in stores, but that may have changed.
>>
>>61376251
you're autistically correct that he could, in fact, wear a vcr and a car battery as a backpack when he wants to use his game boy-sized portable tv. i'm assuming he wants an unpowered box the size of a pack of playing cards instead.
>>
>>61376421
Is this supposed to be a portable setup? I figured by "console", OP was referring to something that had to be plugged in at home anyway.
>>
>>61376463
i'm assuming that the reason for wanting a handheld TV rather than a cheap 9" lcd is a portability requirement. most old consoles can be powered off of 1-2 amps 9VDC or 9VAC, so it's quite plausible to make them portable.
>>
>>61376568
I see. That makes sense.

Sorry, consoles aren't really my area of expertise (implying I even have an area of expertise)
>>
>>61376604
ahh, i can see why you thought what you did then. but yeah, the likely candidates for what he's doing could run for a couple hours on a laptop battery, and even if he was just going for a luggable setup are a couple pounds and the size of a textbook rather than ten pounds and 2u rack-mountable.

the "specific" rfus are also usually specific within manufacturer at most and go for like $5, so it's not really a snowflake part.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.