[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are more scientists, inventors, savants and geniuses alive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: akinator_inspiration_legere.png (75KB, 291x411px) Image search: [Google]
akinator_inspiration_legere.png
75KB, 291x411px
There are more scientists, inventors, savants and geniuses alive today than at any point before in history. And yet groundbreaking new scientific discoveries have dried up completely. These days advances in technology are just about slightly improving things that already exist. Nothing new is being worked on.

Does this mean we have reached the limit of scientific discovery? Do you see any future for technology?
>>
test
>>
Because of the sorry ass state of education, surely.

The academic sector does not invite to personal success. Development of the individual is seen as unnecessary. Decades ago, universities were research centers. Now they exist solely to prepare one for working at large corporations.
>>
>>61368402
Can confirm, at least for engineering.
>>
>>61368359

what the hell happened to akinator? barely guesses shit anymore and if he does it takes sixty questions
>>
>>61368359
No. It simply means that you believe in a sorta of "dramatic interpretation" of science history.
Discoveries are slow as fuck.
>>
>And yet groundbreaking new scientific discoveries have dried up completely.
You won't notice until artificial crispr ubermenschen will appear
>>
>>61368359
Every new iPhone is a groundbreaking new scientific discovery.
>>
More like scientific progress is so fast right now that it is difficult to observe just how groundbreaking everything is
>>
I take the cynical approach and say there are not many geniuses today, what used to be considered average is now considered special and the bar has lowered. Perhaps this can be attributed to all the luxuries we have that we didn't used to. Consider some random examples, a teller doesn't even have to know what mathematics is when the machine does the calculations, people don't need to learn to intuit the land when gps solves this problem, etc. etc.
There are those that design these systems but they're not necessarily that bright, they just take the common knowledge and automate it somehow which is not necessarily difficult in all cases, today it's even worse because you don't even have to come up with concepts for machines, it's all just translating something mechanical or analog to a digital generic/standard system.

Don't get me wrong here, I am glad for it, but it's probably the reason we have some skewed perception on intelligence. I can't even spell properly, the computer handles it for me and I have no incentive to learn on my own when I do everything digitally now.
>>
File: WhatCouldBeTrue.jpg (348KB, 1600x1152px) Image search: [Google]
WhatCouldBeTrue.jpg
348KB, 1600x1152px
Also we don't exactly encourage new ideas.
>caring about a thing
>autism, nerd, weirdo, go to a mental institute
>showing interest in something besides hedonism
>autism, nerd, weirdo, go to a mental institute
>caring about truth over falsehoods
>nazi, bigot, racist, go to jail or die
>have a radical idea
>lol that's impossible, give up my man
>>
>>61368359
Because the people hired are subhuman thirdworlders who get imported by certain ((people)) and get paid less.
And the rest hired are asians who are not creative
>>
>>61368359
we've just discovered all the easy things. the rest of it is much more complex.
>>
>>61368427
does anyone trim the tree, or is it full of shit like "LUL I DONO" and "YUR FAGET"?
>>
>>61368359

are you serious? smart phones have only been around for about a decade and competely changed how we communicate, learn, gather information, etc. In another 10 years something will come out that changes shit again. What are you expecting? for us to discover a new continent or some shit?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.