[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

problems i have had since using KDE 5 panel freezes while running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
problems i have had since using KDE 5

panel freezes while running certain programs and displays the same time for hours without updating
plugging in my phone results in multiple requests to transfer data and refusing to send any amount of power to charge
literally cant turn off system locking despite settings it off in the options

im swapping away from this garbage DE even gnome was 20 times better because it fucking worked but ill probably go with LXDE cause compositing is pointless
>>
File: 38b.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
38b.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>61367767
>kde
>>
>>61367767
Maybe lxqt? It's a bit early still, but since it's qt it has access to a lot of kde repo, and I believe there's a theme that makes it look similar to kde.
>>
File: gaddafi-wtf.jpg (120KB, 456x337px) Image search: [Google]
gaddafi-wtf.jpg
120KB, 456x337px
>>61367767
no kde is fine. you are either a corelet or ramlet. go fuck yourself OP
t. kdefag
>>
>>61367800
>no problem even listed relating to general performance
>assumes im running a week system

you sure you are not an illieratefag?
>>
File: gased-jew.jpg (80KB, 900x516px) Image search: [Google]
gased-jew.jpg
80KB, 900x516px
>>61367767
>(((Jacob Kaufmann)))
jewish gnome redhat shill detected
you cant fool me schlomo
>>
>>61367767
I hate gnome and other gtkrap, but KDE is garbage since KDE 5 (KDE 4 was good after 4.7)

I'm now back to windows, and I have an old desktop running arch without a DE
>>
>>61367767
>linux
>stability in any significant way
welcome to the free world freetard
>>
File: 68.jpg (2KB, 125x82px) Image search: [Google]
68.jpg
2KB, 125x82px
>>61367815
you are running a weak system. kde shits itself below 4gb ram. i assume you have the same
go install a poorfag de
>>
>>61367815
>week
>illierate
>calling someone else illiterate
funny bait right here bois
>>
>>61367831
i have 16 gigs of ram i assure you ram was not the issue
>>
File: disgusted-harold.jpg (403KB, 1908x2000px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-harold.jpg
403KB, 1908x2000px
>>61367849
you are the problem then jew. Daily reminder this is a kde smear campaign by gnome shills. kde has literally no problems.
sage
>>
>>61367876
>suggest im going to install LXDE
>say gnome is better simply because it works but no other reason

gnome is only slightly above KDE in my eyes right now they nearly eclipse each other to be honest both are unusable garbage
>>
File: 1390898338350.gif (2MB, 245x286px) Image search: [Google]
1390898338350.gif
2MB, 245x286px
>>61367876
why would the superior de need to smear some unknown babby de?
>>
>>61367963
stop dude, keep that shit on /b/ god damn
>>
>>61367989
this sums up the rekting of the gnome shill. goodbye.
t. kdefag
>>
>>61368026
just fucking kill yourself, waste of oxygen niggerfaggot fucking parents regret not aborting you shit headed penis breath anus sniffer
>>
>>61368051
now the gnomefag shows its former self and hurls mindless insults at the superior kde users like the uneducated chimp he is
>>
>>61367767
Stop saying it's the programs you autist. In games the compositing gets disabled and that's the reason why panel stucks with the same images. Disable the blur background option in the settings and it'll be fine. Or stop letting other applications to use their own compositor
>>
I have a lot of issues with performance with this. I use a 280x and an i5 4460 with 16GB of RAM.

And the issue is there is not any other DE that seems to be as decent as this. But it really, really slows down at random times. Just 15 minutes ago I had chromium with 4 tabs, the settings window and dolphin and scrolling through 4chan without scripts was painful, now it's back to normal.

I don't know what to do about performance. I tried everything, even padoka and oibaf.
>>
>>61368079
Not to mention that he could've just googled that.
/thread
>>
File: 1498872548069.png (35KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498872548069.png
35KB, 600x500px
>>61367767
>Stable af
>>
>>61367767
>>
>Jacob Kaufmann

What the fuck are you doing out of the oven?!
>>
So let's get into DEs with Linux

KDE: You want to suspend your machine? Careful, when you wake up performance will be halved for no reason at all. You want to just automatically turn off the monitor? And you're expecting to be able to use your applications afterwards? How silly.

Gnome: We try to do something different while not being any better. You better fiddle with css files if you want some actual customization. Don't you dare tell me you want to use the exact same font on both the top panel and the rest of the elements.

XFCE. Why doesn't this come with compton already? Who knows. Meanwhile enjoy the tearing. Oh that theme uses a different version of gnome-themes-standard so you might have problems with those ugly tray icons. Choose another theme to fix it, even if it's worse.

MATE: Not Gnome 2

Cinnamon: We offer you the possibility of having a lot of widgets, applets, desklets, manlets, whatever you want. Problem is, you're using a newer version than what's supported for half of them. Sorry.

Unity: Despite your attempts to customize your desktop, we're going to keep our vertical 1 pixel bar close to that panel and it will never be fixed. Just move on.

Budgie: Our feature is a useless sidebar.

Deepin: Our feature usefurr sidebar. You want software? Pig?

Pantheon: Don't you dare STEALING our unstable macOS ripoff you THIEVES.
>>
>>61367767
>Problems I've had with KDE5.
>Absolutely None.

What are you doing OP?
>>
Since there's a lot of people in this thread going on with "it works fine for me"

What are you using? KDE Neon is breaking left and right on my end. I don't have the problems OP has, but I must be cursed or something. Does everyone here use openSUSE or some other thing that's much more stable and I'm not doing things right?
>>
>>61367767
What distro are u using? Did plasma come preinstalled or did u install it yourself?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.