[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come modern sound editors like Audacity and Adobe Audition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

How come modern sound editors like Audacity and Adobe Audition don't have functions that Nero Wave Editor had in 2006?

This bandwidth extrapolation filter is awesome on old tapes
>>
>>61367421
unrelated, but still waiting for that audio synthesizer from adobe
>>
>>61367421
>Audacity
dogshit
>>
>>61367421
What would I need that filter for? As in, literally what is the interned use and what exactly is it doing?
And why would it be standard?
>>
>>61367421
Current state of """modern"""
>>
>>61370311
Audacity is god-tier
>>
>>61370311
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>61367421
>modern sound editors like Audacity and Adobe Audition
Why not just use Pro Tools or Logic Pro?
>>
>>61373478
Because I want low-level audio editing, not your fancy DAW with custom ui stuff
>>
>>61367421
>bandwidth extrapolation filter
What is that exactly?
Is it just like a bandpass filter?
Or like a parametric eq with just a lowpass and highpass with fixed resonance?
>>
>>61367421
I remember using a thing called Wavelab back in 2000 or so. It was pretty comfy.
>>
>>61375206
It's still around and it's still pretty good
>>
>>61369504
>adobe releasing anything new
lmao
>>
>>61373478
While excellent and powerful DAWs, they are overly complicated for 2-track editing. 2-track editors need a handful of features and to be lightweight above all. Audacity really is a shining gem of the FOSS world, I've been using it for over 10 years. It just gets the job done.
>>
>>61367421
Why don't we have DAW generals anymore?

Did the guy that used to make them become successful or something?
>>
>>61375825
I mean there's only 4 worth using, and it's a bunch of circle-jerking/shitposting about anyone's DAW of choice. The idea is good in theory, but this is /g/.
>>
>>61376112
No they were actually cool.
We would discuss about software (not just DAWs), techniques, music making, etc. and people would share good info.

It was a more tech-oriented version of the /prod/ threads they have on /mu/.
>>
>>61376211
Not the ones I participated in, but I would certainly post in another regardless.
>>
>>61376383
I admit they aren't always good, but still much more interesting than the countless AMD vs Nvidia shitpost type of threads that always make most of the board.
Especially for us audio enthusiasts.
>>
>>61376658
Can't argue with that, hombre.
>>
>>61370311
Name a better tool for the same price.
>>
>>61376708
Any professional DAW you can torrent.
>>
get Wavelab Elements or SoundForge
>>
File: 1472083654858.jpg (31KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1472083654858.jpg
31KB, 408x408px
>>61376731
>DAWs serve the same function as a 2-track editor
wew
>>
>>61367421
>Audacity
>modern
kek
>>
>>61370311
I agree audacity is shit. I prefer reaper myself. I used to use Adobe Audition and I was tempted to actually buy it, but the drm shit that put into the program was terrible and crashed constantly for me.
>>
>>61376965
But it does.
Only it has a ton more features and quality that can help you not only easily achieve whatever result you may want in the future, but also to do what you need in less time with more precision and control.
It's like comparing MS Paint with Photoshop.
While they're not exactly the same thing, when looking for an alternative to Paint you should consider Photoshop too, since it does everything Paint can do, only better, plus much more.
>>
>>61380078
That's a really shitty analogy.

Comparing a dual-track editor to something like a professional grade DAW is like comparing a regular hammer to a jackhammer.

They appear to have the same function, and can technically do the same job, but the workload capacity between the two is so totally different that you would never use one in place of the other unless you're an idiot or just lazy. There's a reason that even people with full licenses of FL Studio still have Audacity installed, too, because sometimes you just need a regular old hammer and not a fucking pneumatic jackhammer.

tl;dr--a fully capable DAW is only an alternative to a dual-track editor if you're a fucking retard that can't pick the right tool for the job
>>
>>61367421
Because it's all down in DAWs now with plugins. "audio software" isn't really a thing anymore.
>>
>>61367421
>Band extrapolation improves the sound of dull recordings. This is done by synthesizing the higher frequencies to produce artificial harmonics. Low frequencies are also generated to produce powerful bass tones.
this is too specific of a functionality to expect from a simple audio editor. both audacity and adobe audition support VST plugins and I'm sure there's a VST for that
>>
File: SFP.jpg (483KB, 1499x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SFP.jpg
483KB, 1499x1500px
>no mention of Sound Forge Pro
>just because Sony owns it now doesn't mean they created it
>son i am disappoint

Plebes, every last fucking one of you.
>>
>>61369504
What?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.