[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 47

File: 1499994525319.jpg (107KB, 1300x844px) Image search: [Google]
1499994525319.jpg
107KB, 1300x844px
Post your stupid questions here, and google them first to be courteous.

Previous thread: >>61351797
>>
File: futaba.png (834KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
futaba.png
834KB, 1920x1080px
How can I do stuff like this on Win10? Already got Linux but I want to also pretty up the botnet.
>>
Never mind, previous (current) thread: >>61351627

This is what I get for searching "sqt" on the catalog a dozen times and anxiously making a thread, since the other isn't tagged sqt. At least this one is tagged.
>>
What models of the x230 came with IPS screens?
>>
When will the new generation of Nvidia cards come out?

>>61367371
Most of them, you can check the TYPE serial number under it to confirm if it uses TN or IPS display.
Ask more info in
>>>/g/tpg
>>
Best budget laptop around $250 for taking notes in class (Can fit a backpack easily).
>>
File: 1399339198264.jpg (58KB, 294x295px) Image search: [Google]
1399339198264.jpg
58KB, 294x295px
So, I accidentally exceeded my data cap the other month. My ISP reported me and some FBI agents showed up last week with a warrant and seized all my computer hardware. Apparently, using that much data placed me in the "high risk" category for being a terrorist.

Anyways, they didn't find anything, but now they're refusing to return my hardware? What should I do? My lawyer is telling me that the legal battle would cost more than the value of the electronics.
>>
>>61368186
make them pay for your lawyers as well
>>
I missed the 1.5 billion epoch moment. Did any 4chan image get it exactly? If not what was the closest/the first 15xxx image?
>>
realistically, how retarded is it to repurpose my 5 year old computer as an "offline server" (just shoving a bunch of hard drives in there and configuring them as RAID 1 and not having it connected to the internet or even my home network), so if i want to move some files from it to my main computer, i would have to connect an external hard drive in order to copy files from one computer to the other.

is this retarded? I don't want to access it online or even from my home network. And it will be powered off when not in use (and also use full disk encryption with VeraCrypt/ButtLocker).
>>
How do I reset 2 HDDs used in Raid 0? Format or undo the Raid in the BIOS?
I want to delete everything, to use the drives on a new PC.
>>
>>61368272
If such a computer is useful to you, go for it.
What are you going to use it for, though? Encryption or some shit? Unless you're a CA or something that's going overboard.
>>
>>61368391

I currently have 4 external hard drives (only half of the total storage is usable because I'm manually mirroring them in case of data loss etc), but it's quickly becoming a clusterfuck due to needing more storage space soon.

My use of it will simply be offline storage.
>>
I have a ga-78lmt (rev 5.0), for some reason my ssd doesn't run at the best speed.
If it's my sata ports restricting it, could I fit a PCIe card with sata 3 ports and run my ssd from there? I can't find out if my PCI is the correct one.
>>
>>61368186
Same thing happened to my friend a while back. Just wait until they send you the bill for the honor of being accused and investigated. He had to pay over $20k for them to do forensics on his own shit.
>>
>>61368186
>>61368602
Can this happen in Canada? What are the numbers of the data cap and how far you exceeded it? Is it exceeding it at all which places you at "high risk" for being a terrorist?

Some scary shit. Sorry you had to be subject to this.
>>
What's the best way to censor information on an image?
>>
>>61369013
pixels
maybe vectors
>>
File: iuhdsfkhsdkfh.png (701KB, 789x478px) Image search: [Google]
iuhdsfkhsdkfh.png
701KB, 789x478px
Hey, same anon from the last thread talking about DBAN. Found Hiren's Boot CD and it didn't give me that annoying error finally. Problem: the data wipe apparantly took half a minute to destroy all 300GB. I'm skeptical about that actually happening. I booted the HDD and instantly returned to the BIOS menu, but I'm still skeptical. Anyone here knowledgable about Hiren's version of DBAN? Perhaps confirm if it really doesn't take that long?

Pic related
>>
Will updating my iphone 6s to ios 10 slow it down?
>>
If I reinstall windows or install some linux distro, do I need to do anything to my hard drives other than the one I'm installing on?

e.g., I have an SSD for OS and several HDDs for media, if I install ubuntu can I still access all the stuff on the HDDs no muss no fuss?
>>
visual studio 2017. i'm trying to add reference. but it doesn't seem to work. none of my projects show up in the reference manager, and if i chose to browse and add a project, nothing happens when I click add. whats up with that? would really appreciate an answer.
>>
>>61369249
Yes, I used to dual boot Linux and windows and could still access my media from my other drives fine.
>>
How do I web development in my free time without javascript ? I don't want to get into this ES mess but every semi-basic functionality like dropdown menu is much easier with JS.

I do django now (I come from a scientific background so python was the easier way for me) and everytime I want to do semi-basic shit like a dropdown menu I struggle and end copypasting JS <script> like a faggot

Is there an alternative to this meme language that is JS in scrub webdev ?
>>
File: 1382128225739.gif (316KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1382128225739.gif
316KB, 500x375px
>>61368186
Ok i'll bite
What the fuck
Where was it
Why is this allowed
>>
Best C/C++ IDE that isn't V$?
>>
>>61368272
Absolutely not retarded.
>>
>>61370054
if you want no setup go for QtCrator, if you can stomach a little setup go for emacs, you can do anythig with it pretty much, been using for a couple of years and still amazed it's not more popular(iḿ writing this from emacs btw).
>>
>>61370177
>QtCreator*
>>
Simple question:
I have an old athlon x2 5600 CPU, don't want to throw it away just yet, so gonna try to overclock it.
What software (windows) should I use to monitor it's temps?
>>
>>61370177
>i'm writing this from emacs btw
teach me, senpai
>>
Is there a similar buyers guide as on /tpg/, but for used desktop like optiplex?
>>
>>61370211
anything will work, HwMonitor is what I use but there's pretty much no difference really, all it's doing is reading a sensor i think, hell you could write your own.
>>
>>61370294
Yeah, of course anything will work, it's just I never monitored my temps and don't want to download some random malware from using google.
Thanks, hwmonitor it is then.
>>
>>61370283
just M-x eww RET or google w3m (i prefer it, but eww is built in so yea)
>>
>>61370317
So because you are writing from emacs here it does support JS, r-right..?
Can you browse any websites? Does it support emacs (or vim) keybinds?
>>
>>61370334
I meant not emacs supports JS, but eww and w3m?
I tried links, elinks, but none of these worked for me.
>>
How do i look for a no-degrees-required IT job in Ireland?
>experience helping run an internet cafe
>experience as a freelance computer repair guy
>no programming experience or certificates whatsoever
>>
>>61370353
i don think so, i'm still able to read and write just fine tho (i have the pass so i don't have to to the captcha, might interfere with it) For the times I need Js I just use conkeror.
>>
Chrome runs a bit sluggish in my low-end ultrabook (Intel N3050, 4GB RAM)
What are some good browser alternatives that run good with youtube?
Also how can i maximize win10 to the extreme? already disabled the botnet shit, visual effects, and startup applications.
>>
>>61370428
>Chrome
It's too late. Google already has you by your britches.
>>
>>61370428
I mean Firefox is slower, usually, but the new multiprocess feature drastically sped it up. Try the Firefox nightly/developer edition. Also use Winaero tweeks. The best advice is still to install Gentoo though, anon.
>>
>>61368365
bump
>>
I can't regex
Why does "sed 's|/*|/|g'" place a '/' after every character? Shouldn't it just match any repeating occurences of '/'?
>>
>>61370378
Well I dunno about Ireland specifically, but based on experience your best bet would be entry level helpdesk call centre work of some sort.

Get in at the ground level and try to learn as much as possible and eventually you'll advance, either at that company or by changing jobs. It's what I did.
>>
>>61370531
That basically says "any one 's' or any zero or more '/' or any one '/' or any one 'g'". The '/*' might be a problem depending on what you're doing because it could match with anything.
>>
>>61370597
OH. Right. Then I should be using '+' for 1 or more matches?
Still doesn't work, mind you, but it helps.
>>
>>61370619
This werks: sed 's|/\+|/|g' You have to escape + in sed
>>
File: 5400006_2.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
5400006_2.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
>>61368391
>>61370060

Ok, I'm gonna do it. Thanks for your replies!

Should I stay with Windows 10 for buttlocker + software RAID 1 or folder duplication (not gonna use Windows 10 Storage Spaces since the new AES-XTS mode apparently corrupts the drives instantly).

I've been looking at StableBit DrivePool which by the looks of it has some kind of support for BitLocker. Since there is a free trial available I could probably just play around with it, and even try VeraCrypt aswell.

I also looked at FreeNAS which boasts encryption and raid and whatnot but I have very limited experience with GNU/Linux and none with *BSD.

Are these retarded options? If yes, I could just stick with the good old JBOD and then mirroring the folders manually with FreeFileSync or something.

Sorry for the long and incoherent post, is pic related any good? I have zero experience with hardware RAID (if the product in the picture even can do that)?
>>
>>61370660
I got it working with -r right as you posted. It all makes sense now, thanks.
>>
emacs: GUI or terminal?
>>
I have a windows.old folder on my hdd but i cant restore it with windows utilities. how else can i try to restore it?
>>
So, on sankaku complex, occasionally some images show up with pic-related redirect logo. It's probably because I have ublock + ublock matrix.

How can I get rid of this shit?

https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/6017087
>>
File: 1145344949_822.jpg (216KB, 1500x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1145344949_822.jpg
216KB, 1500x1091px
>>61370051
>>61368685
>>61368231
Thaks for the (You)'s
>>
I'm downloading a 15gb public torrent, it was going at 10mb/s but after the first 10gb the downloading completely stopped. Did it kick me off or something? It only uploads at 500kb/s so do I have to wait a few days for my ratio to balance before it will let me download more?
I dont normally torrent big things like this so I'm not sure if this is normal, didnt expect a public torrent to care about seeding/leeching.
>>
>>61371144
It means nobody seeding it has the torrent downloaded at 100%.

If the available seeders only have 10GB done, then that's all you'll get.
>>
>>61371144
Probably bottlenecked by the seeder/s that have the last 5 GB
>>
>>61370815
gui, by far. The terminal display has its place, but is a niche one and populated mostly by people who already know they need it (constant remote acess where the terminal makes it easier for ex).
>>
Stream read = respStream.GetResponseStream();
if (respStream.StatusCode == HttpStatusCose.OK)
{
Image _pic = Image.FromStream(read);
try{
_pic.Save(location, format);
_pic.Dispose();
}
catch (Exception ex) {}
}

why does it keep giving me generic GDI+ errors? It's not read and write permissions, while it may be some not finished loading image problem, how can I address it? I tried

Image _pic = Image.FromStream(read);
Bitmap pic = new Bitmap(_pic);
try{
pic.Save(location, format);
pic.Dispose();
}
catch (Exception ex) {}

but nothing changed...
>>
>>61371265
C# BTW, forgot to mention
>>
How do set up a super simple server on my android? I just want anyone who knows my IP to access output.png in my pictures folder(which is the only file in the folder)
>>
File: Not Ahi.png (200KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
Not Ahi.png
200KB, 400x460px
excuse me if this is too /v/ but there's no way I'm going to that shithole

I got into minecraft again and all my chest and inventory items are completely empty, item frames aand paintings are dropped, and signs display everything as an incorrect value. I've determined that this is because I downgraded my world from v1.8 to v1.7, which changed how item values are stored and corrupted everything.

Is there a way I can recover these items? I have an old save that has all the chest items in it, but I've made a lot of progress on my world since then and don't want to do it again.

I can elaborate more if you need me to.
>>
recommendations on a simple video editor software (deal with layers, fade, images...).
Camtasia lags the audio in the preview and I want precision.
or
Which board is the one to ask for this kind of shit?
>>
>>61371473
Reupgrade to 1.8?
>>
>>61371501
Never tried it, but I heard Cinema4d is really good. May be overpowered if you need a simple one, too. Otherwise you could always use Windows Movie Maker ;^)
>>
I just finished my new computer and the thing keeps turning on and off on start up. I tired moving ram but I didn't help. How do I fix this?
>>
Wanting to try out graph databases. Which would you recommend? Currently deciding between Neo4j vs OrientDB.
>>
>>61371511
All the item values are lost though, 1.7 didn't recognize the new data so it just deletes it instead of ignoring it.
>>
>>61371501
>>61371546
honestly WMM isn't that bad, and it can export in 1080p60.

Problem I've been encountering with it is that it can't seem to edit extremely large videos without crashing towards the end of it.
>>
what's the best linux distro for samba file sharing use, no DE, no bloat like office, music, video players, etc.
>>
>>61371601
oh, and supports non-pae cpu
>>
>>61371601
*BSD
>>
What's better for making music, LMMS or Ableton Live 9? My sister got a copy and she gave it to me, but I've been using LMMS for much longer and haven't really touched it since then.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?
>>
How do I format a FAT32 drive with a particular cluster size on Linux?
>>
>>61371697
i'll try out nas4free, i guess
>>
I'm having trouble trying to install Anaconda for the Mit edx course.
After the installation, when I run the Anaconda Navigator or Spyder it says "kernel Died" then all the shortcuts disappear and I can't find them in the Anaconda3 folder.
I'm using Windows btw.
>>
What's a good retard-proof way to learn javascript? I'm talking becoming competent enough to do front end web dev. I have some experience before with java from when I was a student but I haven't programmed in about 2 years. I'm pretty good with HTML/CSS, how do I get good enough at javascript to apply for a web dev job?
>>
What's a decent LGA1150 mobo for around 70-80 bucks? Or at least which brands are more reliable?
>>
i burned gentoo live to a dvd and it throws me into a busy box prompt what the fuck is this shit

>mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /mnt/livecd failed: Input/output error
>mount: mounting aufs on /newroot failed: Invalid argument
>!! Failed to $1; Failing back to the shell

and then a busy box prompt
>>
>>61371812
-s and -S
man mkfs.vfat
>>
Hello, I am having a problem with my z170p motherboard: my computer keeps rebooting while playing games/3d rendering, giving me the anti-surge error screen. I deactivated the anti_surge, but my computer still reboots. Here are my specs :

Intel Core i7 6700K
Z170-P (LGA1151)
16.0GB Corsair VENGEANCE
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (EVGA)
Seasonic S12 II Bronze 620W

I thought the problem came from my psu, so I sent it back to the re-seller, whom tested it for a week straight and told me there wasn't any problem. I'm a little clueless on what to do right now.
>>
I was inserting a USB drive in one of my old computers and I felt a mild tingle of electricity from the outer metal of the USB stick.
Is this device unsafe?
>>
>>61367223
is there anyway I can reset my uefi without being able to see my screen? I switched the graphics settings from peg to idg without thinking and now I can't switch because I can't see. Should I just buy a dvi (the only output that goes through my mb)
>>
sorry if this is the wrong place of asking, i couldnt think of anywhere else, or another board at least
anyone know the best place for watching full or at least substantial past webcam shows? thanks
>>
I HAVE NO PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE WHERE CAN I LEARN PYTHON FOR FREE?

Also should I start with Java(not javascript) instead?
>>
I need some help.. I''ve no idea what happened but yesterday my pc froze and I forced shut down, then it restarted and it was all fine till today, now windows image previews (or thumbnails whatever is the name), for both image files, video files and folders, they all disappeared.
What could be causing this? I can't shitpost anymore without previews.
>>
>>61372880
FUCK never mind, I have no frigging disk space left in OS partition.
>>
For about a week now i have had real bad issues with high ping on LoL and even watching twitch.tv it stutters on auto quality even low loads like 240p.
I have tried everything i can think of. Please help
Also ipconfig shit seems to do nothing i see.
Update:
>Run mtr to twitch.tv for 1 hour and then post results.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 93 | 93 | 1 | 3 | 38 | 3 |

| lo0.lns20.bne7.on.ii.net - 7 | 73 | 68 | 59 | 310 | 626 | 428 |

| xe-1-3-0.cr1.bne4.on.ii.net - 6 | 77 | 73 | 38 | 306 | 616 | 428 |

| ae6.br1.syd7.on.ii.net - 7 | 73 | 68 | 214 | 456 | 749 | 573 |

| ae0.br1.syd4.on.ii.net - 7 | 73 | 68 | 75 | 338 | 636 | 440 |

| te0-0-0-0.br1.hkg2.on.ii.net - 6 | 77 | 73 | 191 | 440 | 751 | 554 |

| prolexic1-lacp-10g.hkix.net - 9 | 69 | 63 | 193 | 434 | 752 | 555 |

|a72-52-2-176.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 6 | 77 | 73 | 149 | 431 | 744 | 556 |

|a72-52-2-183.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 6 | 77 | 73 | 199 | 457 | 765 | 571 |

|a72-52-10-14.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 4 | 82 | 79 | 202 | 447 | 770 | 522 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
>>
Why is it that programming bores me so much? I like using computers, and I appreciate when someone turns a genius idea into reality through programming,
heck, I would love to know how he did it, but whenever I even think about opening Visual Studio I instantly want to do anything else.
>>
>>61373095
It may just not be your cuppa, no worries. You don't have to know how to program
>>
Is it good to buy used processors?
>>
xps 13 9360 with arch linux
trackpad is fucking garbage
it constantly fucking locks into "scrolling mode" meaning 1 finger trying to move the cursor only scrolls

xps 13 users out there, what drivers do you use for this shit
>>
File: DG - spikes.png (59KB, 1338x388px) Image search: [Google]
DG - spikes.png
59KB, 1338x388px
Im downloading something to a thumbrive, using qbittorrent. There is another pc in LAN which seeds.
Problem is download speed is choppy. what can cause this?
>>
>>61373202
probably ihas to do with allocating space on the usb thumb stick maybe
not sure
>>
>>61372790
Java is good if you
>need to get a code monkey job
>need to know OOP for something else
>>
>>61372992
After 30 min
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.1.1 - 0 | 1556 | 1556 | 1 | 6 | 295 | 2 |

| lo0.lns20.bne7.on.ii.net - 3 | 1405 | 1367 | 20 | 112 | 626 | 170 |

| xe-1-3-0.cr1.bne4.on.ii.net - 3 | 1425 | 1392 | 20 | 113 | 616 | 170 |

| ae6.br1.syd7.on.ii.net - 3 | 1421 | 1387 | 146 | 250 | 749 | 294 |

| ae0.br1.syd4.on.ii.net - 3 | 1429 | 1397 | 35 | 140 | 636 | 188 |

| te0-0-0-0.br1.hkg2.on.ii.net - 3 | 1421 | 1387 | 146 | 239 | 751 | 297 |

| prolexic1-lacp-10g.hkix.net - 3 | 1425 | 1392 | 148 | 239 | 752 | 297 |

|a72-52-2-176.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 3 | 1425 | 1392 | 148 | 242 | 744 | 297 |

|a72-52-2-183.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 3 | 1429 | 1397 | 162 | 255 | 765 | 311 |

|a72-52-10-14.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com - 1 | 1505 | 1492 | 161 | 258 | 770 | 218 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
>>
>>61372992
Hello, a software on your computer might be responsible, but it could also be another device (ie smartphones)
Check out Net Limiter, it allows you to set limit to any program, both for download and upload speeds.
This torrent should work, but no guarentees there won't be a virus or something.
www.1337x *DOT* ir/home/locktime-software-netlimiter-enterprise-4-0-30-0-crack-sadeempc-torrent-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%84%D9%88%D8%AF/
>>
>>61367971
Chromebook. Use crouton for linux if you care to.
>>
>>61373339
>>61372992
Also if you like the software please consider buying it, I bought it after 3 years of illegal use.
>>
>>61373339
Right...
So let me get this straight...................
You want me to download something from a dodgey ass link to LIMIT my ALREADY RESTRICTED net?
Is that correct?
>>61373370
I will not buy this because i dont know what it does. BUT IF BY SOME FUCKING MIRACLE IT DOES SOLVE MY PROBLEM i will consider buying it for a millisecond
>>
>>61373411
Dude, it's 18 mega... if you want to buy it sure, I only provived the torrent link in case you didn't want to. Geez....
>>
>>61373459
Oh yeah and a simple virus cant be 24b right..
But i cant imagine that limiting an already limited connection.
The problem i am having is that despite being in australia i have speeds equal to dial up.
FOR
NO
REASON
I
HAVE
NOT
CHANGED
ANYTHING
I
WOULD
SUGGESTIONS
ON
WHERE
TO
START
FOR
SOLUTIONS
TO
THIS
PROBLEM
>>
File: 1465250925148.jpg (45KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1465250925148.jpg
45KB, 604x453px
After you make a website with html, css, and JS, how exactly do you get it on the internet?
>>
>>61373459
>>61373339
Great time to format my computer.
Just typing this message took me 5 min.
Slowed to a crawl
Thanks fuckwit
>>
>>61373510
ONE
SOLUTION
(AND
MAYBE
THE
ONLY
ONE)
I'll stop writing like a faggot here, by the way you have to download something, reducing your bandwidth, that lets you see what reduces your bandwidth, fag. Unless you can plug your brain between your router and the wall and sniff packets that way. If you can, do it. Or you could just plug your brain in the power outlet, it's a valid solution.
>>61373556
you buy a remote computer or use your own, and let connection from the router get intto your computer (remote or not, it becomes a server). google that up if you want specific info
>>
Is random access on a USB flash drive significantly slower than sequential access?
>>
>>61373787
like ssd, it shouldn't be. Still, >>>/google/
>>
>>61373556
plz respond
>>
>>61371265
Haha (not laughing at you, only at the nonsense), I had to deal with this once, I don't remember how I fixed it tho.
>>
File: Prince_Hubris.jpg (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Hubris.jpg
47KB, 512x512px
I'm about to buy a used surface pro 3 for like $100.

Is it worth it? It's in pretty good condition.
>>
Windows 10 native image viewer is fucking shit. Recommend me a good image viewer that has zoom in/out in the mouse wheel and a quick button to set the image to original size, please.
>>
>>61374042
Lazy API programmers are the worst... trying to get around that with a savefiledialog, but I'd like the program to save without prompting. In the meantime I've ran into folder restricted errors on a folder with "Allow everyone" in the properties. Hating Microsoft, and hating Windows. Still, I can only program on visualstudio c# 2005.
>>
Is it true windows 10 spies on people? Do they know I have anime porn pictures in my computer? Can they delete my stuff?
>>
I've bought a Samsung tablet, and noticed that it's back, just below camera, is magnetic as fuck. When I put it on top of my pc case, it sticks to it like a motherfucker.

Whats up with that?
>>
>>61374125
Yes, yes, that would be destruction of evidence so no
Hope you aren't in Canada!
>>
Has anyone here ever had any problems with the Nvida "programs" uploading a constant amount of data?
>>
>>61374125
Not delete, but they can and will tell Santa you're a bad boy.
>>61374138
It's just the speaker, I suppose.
>>
is it pronounced "JEN-too" or "GHEN-too"?
>>
how secure is it to upload a truecrypt container onto dropbox for offsite backup of important data
>>
>The command character can be changed with the esc= option, e.g. esc=p to use Ctrl/P instead of Ctrl/].
>esc=
>esc=p
>Ctrl/P
>Ctrl/]
Can someone tell me what these mean? Trying to figure out dterm.
>>
File: 1440098328779.gif (980KB, 400x351px) Image search: [Google]
1440098328779.gif
980KB, 400x351px
How do I crack a wifi password using Windows 7, but without a Linux VM, Kali, or extra hardware/devices?
>>
When I execute xbacklight -set, I receive this warning:
 /usr/bin/xbacklight: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness' 

I've already created an udev rule as described here https://github.com/wavexx/acpilight/ but it's not working. How can I fix this?
>>
>>61374175
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnu5htZpruE
>>
How difficult would you say it is to create an app with these 3 tabs which will be very specific because it's for a specific nonprofit:

>calendar with events which when clicked on will direct you to a website
>fill out a document, attach pictures, and then have document+pictures sent to certain email address
>shows a Google excel sheet (which is often updated) OR enter username and password and have associated data from Google sheet (just a number) pop up

Also, this app will have push notifications. I already took basic classes on Java, C++, and C as part of my engineering degree so far, so I'm not completely clueless or anything. Thanks.
>>
>>61373510
Install Peerblock, create a new list, set on "Block" and add this filter:
>whatevername 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255

It will block all your internet traffic, check the Peerblock log to see what's trying to communicate with the internet. Probably a shitload of stuff will appear, some stuff is default system connections, like between your PC and your router, other shit is microsoft, your AV, auto-updaters like java, flash and similar bloat.
You should close all programs that need internet before doing this obviously.
Anyway, if you use that Peerblock filter, 99% sure your internet will stop working (it blocks the router too after all), you've to verify one by one which IP is the router and all its default protocols and what isn't, then you can whitelist all the router-related IPs creating a new list with whatever name you want (make it set to Allow), personally I used "Router" to not confuse with others.
After that, write down all the suspicious IPs and check on whois who they are. Do you need them? if not, don't whitelist them, otherwise create a new list, give it whatever name you want and set it on "Allow" and add all the IPs you want to whitelist in it.
I created a list for every site I use, like 4chan, ebay, paypal, etc, I enable only when I need to use those sites.
This should solve your speed problem, if something is really wasting your bandwidth in background you will find out this way. If still not, then call your ISP and report that internet sucks.
>>
>>61368186
>those Europeans have so little freedom on the internet, I sure am glad I was born in the US of A
>FBI show up at door because you torrented too much anime
HAHAHA BURGERS BTFO
>>
whats a good digital oscilloscope that's cheap?
>>
>>61367245
You might want to look to the Desktop threads over in /wg/

>>6958958
>>
...What do they mean by this?
How does Standard Shipping cost more than the other option, if they're both the same date?
>>
>>61374333
To clarify, I mean each individual event will link to something different. And I'm talking about an Android app. Bonus question: If you have an Android app, is it possible to quickly convert it into an iPhone app?
>>
>>61374408
Oh fuck I forgot how to link to threads on other boards.
>>>/wg/6958958
>>
>>61374428
They're not the same date. With free shipping you might get your package on the 22nd. With standard shipping you're getting it on the 21st, guaranteed.
>>
>>61374455
...Huh.
I mean, for non-emegerncy items, do people actually pay five extra dollars to get it a day earlier?

Just seems like a bit of a waste
>>
>>61374428
I've no idea honestly I always wonder about that too, I always choose free shipping if it's from China, otherwise if I need something fast I buy it from within my country or at least within the european union (in your case within the united states I imagine), costs more but at least it's faster.
Ask >>>/g/csg maybe they know something. Still, that controller is overpriced as fuck to be frank.
>>
I want to get an electric razor, what should I get?
>>
>>61374291
Solved. I needed to add a new Kernel parameter.
>>
>>61374198
ANSWER MY QUESTION
>>
File: 1487954871737.gif (298KB, 325x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487954871737.gif
298KB, 325x720px
What was the image number 1500000000000? I missed the happening.
>>
I'm trying to use a Wacom tablet to draw in GIMP but it's not recognising pressure dynamics.
How do I fix?
Not showing up in preferences.
Using Linux Mint.
>>
>>61374724
No one >>>/qa/1454412.
>>
>>61374804
got it*
>>
>>61374780
can't say it was posted on /g/ because the image number is global, not board-based like posts numbers.

>>61374804
too bad.
>>
trying to follow the readme to install icecat, but I keep getting this error. Any ideas? I'm running Debian 9 if it helps.

ERROR: Invalid value --with-l10n-base, ~/Downloads/icecat-52.1.0/l10n doesn't exist
>>
File: Untitled.png (48KB, 799x535px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48KB, 799x535px
On boot up this process makes my GPU fans spin like crazy. What do, /g/uys?
>>
I already have a "gaming" desktop and I'm looking for a "gaming" laptop around $1,300. Portability is not a huge factor. Could I get some suggestions?
>>
File: IMG_20170714_151908.jpg (26KB, 720x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170714_151908.jpg
26KB, 720x386px
Android phone stopped accepting images over text. Whenever I try to download it (it used to just pop up automatically) it just says it can't. I can't send images either but that isn't as important. It's been like this for a while but only now is it a fairly pressing issue.
>>
I have a 7600K that gets errors at 4.6GHz on 1.32v while hitting 92C. Someone tell me how bad my chip is.
>>
>>61375901
short term workaround is to forward the message to your email. I had to do it all the time when I had a shitty tracphone that didn't support popular image formats
>>
what connector is this?
it is some sas connector inside a HP proliant ml350 g5, but i need to know the exact name of the connector.

2 connectors connect to 8 sas drives
>>
Is there a reason why MPV doesn't use GPU at all for processing video?
Is MadVR truly the only way to use GPU to render video?
>>
i can't play a single stream via Chromium and all the .webm or youtube video keeps on bugging out

can anyone suggest a reason for this and to fix it
>>
>>61376694
mpv works with vdpau for me.
>>
for people who spend 10+ hours a day on their computers, is there a guide for how to position your monitor and desk to make it as "comfy" as possible

i just see a lot of people in the battlestations thread that have their keyboards literally right in front of their monitors and that seems really really bad for your eyes
>>
I'm looking to get a new monitor for gaymen and a little bit of 3d modeling, but most importantly games. I was wondering what I should get in the 300 to 350 bucks us if I want 2k and potentially 75hz. Could anyone help me out with a Newegg/ Amazon link to something close to this?
>>
>>61374175
Same G as in Gentleman. Perhaps if you're gay then you'd prefer to call it Ghentoo.
>>
How do you customize folder icons (rather than thumbnails) outside of windows 7's desktop?
>>
>>61372382
anyone
>>
>>61377272
nevermind, found it.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/222304/icons.html

Before anyone asks why, yes, it's autism.
>>
>>61377046
Where else would you put it, behind the monitor?
>>
>>61377011
>vdpau
isn't that for decoding?
I don't want hardware decoding
>>
File: trojan.png (2KB, 156x20px) Image search: [Google]
trojan.png
2KB, 156x20px
Sup /sqt/, is this a new one? Googline around I can only find a different version.
>>
>>61367223
will a modern motherboard be able to use ddr3 ram without anything exploding?
>>
>>61377191
>2017 Q3
>2k
Might as well flush your money down the toilet instead. Save more money and get a 4K that way you won't feel like an idiot 1 year from now
>>
4chan X users, is there no way to export a list of all the threads you're watching with the thread watcher and then import them into another browser with the extension?
>>
>>61377495
if it supports it
>>
Can someone link some portfolios for programming/developing?
Need to get an idea of how they're laid out and what content is in them.
>>
I'm starting out with linux and I'm using Lubuntu 17.04. I'm experiencing occasional but consistent crashes. My computer becomes unresponsive to all input and the monitor freezes, although with the addition of some weird pixel artifacts (always in the same spot). Processes like video and music will still work as I can hear them. Is this my DE crashing? I've tried updating my kernel to no avail.
>>
>>61377472
GPUs don't improve transcoding speeds.
>>
File: B1044054677.jpg (24KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
B1044054677.jpg
24KB, 360x360px
>>61377433
computer desks are suppose to have pullout drawers or multileveled layouts so you can put the keyboard lower than your monitor

this is why cubicles are so lowly regarded since they dont give a fuck about eyestrain or wrist issues so they just put that shit on the same level as the monitor
>>
Stupid faggot/loser here. I've tried wording this different ways, but can't find the answer.
I am using the Webmaster HTML app on my Droid (nougat). I can't get the external stylesheet to render:
I have index.html in the main folder, as well as a CSS folder. In the <head> I call for the CSS like so: ./CSS/style.css
This way workz on my desktop but not on my phone. What is the best solution for me and why is it suicide?
>>
These spam calls are driving me up the fucking wall. Which Android app would you guys recommend for blocking numbers using wildcards? For example, I need to block 123-456-(0001-9999).
>>
I'm working on installing Arch for the first time and I've gone through most of it without any problems, but I can't get grub to install for whatever reason.

Right now i'm running 'grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot --bootloader-id=boot' and i'm getting an error that says 'grub-install: error: /boot doesn't look like an EFI partition'.

When I run 'lsblk -f' it says it is an EFI partition. Next I tried googling it where everyone said that my boot partition wasn't fat32, when I run 'parted /dev/sda print', though, it says that it's file system is fat32.

Any ideas before I blow my brains out? Thanks
>>
>>61370027
I understand you don't want js, but it seems like a lot of people simply throw in some bootstrap and call it a day
t. loser
>>
I got a new internet service, but the wi fi password is fucking ridiculously easy. Until I manage to change it, how do I know if the neighbours are using my wi fi?
>>
>>61371779
I use an ancient version of Live. I don't like it as much for live instrumentation, but it's still pretty cool. I guess the question is what genre music are you recording? Just you or a band?
>>
>>61378041
why cant you change it?

login to your router, it should have default password/username which will require you to find the box or just google it

also coincidentally you can see if people are using it by logging into your router and checking the active connections

type http://192.168.0.1/ in your address bar, some routers have different local ips tho
>>
>>61378041
Until you change it all you can really do is hope they don't use it.

What do you mean by manage to change it, though? You don't know how or you have to wait or something?
>>
>>61371979
Learn to build a shopping cart, then learn to build Tetris (there are kiketube tuts for both). You will be on your way, but building stuff is the key
>>
>>61378041
Are you not at home currently? If you're too busy to take the 2 minutes to change it when you're home though, just unplug it before going to sleep or leaving the house.
>>
I've got a Crucial SSD inside a Simplecom enclosure. USB 3. Currently using this to run VMs for my networking degree.

When plugging the drive in, it works fine. I was actually very impressed with the transfer speeds.
However, after being connected for some time, the drive stops working. Transfer of files to the drive give an error saying a hardware issue.
Transfers from the drive act as if they are successful but do not move anything.

I've disabled drive sleeping in power settings. I've also tested the drive connected internally and this issue doesn't occur.

Anyone know what the fuck is going on here?
>>
>>61378092
>>61378078
>>61378070

Cause the dude who came to install it said I should call them to change the pw
>>
I have an MKV file with a sub track I want to make a clip out of, and the only video editing software I remotely know how to use is avidemux.

How can I cut a clip out of it while keeping the subs present for that unit of time? If not in anidemux, some other free video editing software.

>inb4 ffmpeg

I don't into the documentation for it to all to know how to make the command I need for this on it.
>>
>>61378128
Don't take my word for it, but that guy might just be saying that so he has to come back to change it and so you have to pay him for it
>>
>>61378128
What the hell? Just do it yourself. Look through the instruction manual that came with your router if you aren't sure how to do it.
>>
>>61373556
Register a domain, buy server space from HostGator ( inb4 shill plz no bully) and use filezilla FTP to upload your files. Be careful. If your js sucks a 10 y/o chink will put child porn up on your site
>>
>>61377924
But you can change your monitor height, and your chair height. Why would you want your keyboard around your knees?
>>
>>61377804
If you don't know what I'm even talking about you shouldn't be replying
You're wasting your time and mine.
>>
If I have multiple versions of Firefox installed (Nightly and Beta) and I refresh one will it refresh the other?
>>
can anyone tell me how to make torrents automatically load in utorrent instead of qbittorent
>>
>>61374356
Thank you for this
>>
>>61378212
Hmmm, you want a link?
>>
>>61378122
I should mention, both items are brand new and I have already had the enclosure replaced once on warranty.
>>
>>61367223
is there any FTP client application for android, windows, or linux that shows thumbnails of Webms so you can see what the hell it is before you stream it

I'm trying to watch my webms I downloaded off of 4chan from my ftp server, but it fucking sucks because they're all named like 14XXXXXXXXXXX.webm
>>
Borderline retarded question - What is the best streaming centre for a media centre for my TV? I have a raspberry pi 3 B.

I heard Kodi has some good plugins for it but searching online all I can find are references to them, not any actual plugin names
>>
>>61378236
You don't know what I'm talking about.
I am NOT talking about hardware accelerated decoding, I don't need a link to vdpau since it wouldn't do what I want it to do.
Now please stop replying and wasting my time
>>
>>61378282
So you want to use gpu but not for playback or transcoding? Do you want your video player to do gpgpu? Or just dry some eggs?
>>
>>61378122
Also this issue occurs on multiple machines.
>>
>>61378403
can you get a trip so I no longer have to read your posts, thank you
>>
I'm using Deluge and it says I'm connected to several peers with 100% completion, but it isn't downloading from anyone, just uploading. Should I just let it upload all night, is there some sort of queue system?
>>
i have an old computer that loses video output only.while playing games at seemingly random times or events. I can go 12+ hours on ffxiv with no issues. other times it will lose video output within 20 mins. The computer has a gigabyte motherboard GA-Z68A-D3H-B3.,an i5 2500k cpu. 8gb generic ram that is 1600hz. a new gtx 1060 6gb powered by a new thermaltake 550 watt. when this happens the system stays on, what ever programs were running are still active, voice chat still going, just no signal to monitor. ive ruled out heating issues so thats not it. i have been thinking its a bad psu not providing the correct amount of juice to the gpu and some how the gpu loses video signal. can 4chan help me solve this problem?
>>
Are Lenovo tabs any good? I found some on clearance for $199 AUD, when they're normally $399 here
>>
>>61378424
I'm sorry but I'm confused. You said you wanted mpv to use gpu for something but then said you don't. I understand this is a thread for stupid questions but maybe if you explain a little more you might get an answer that makes you happy.
>>
Any plugins for Firefox that can give me a floating player for YouTube? Like how the Android app let's you keep watching videos while you do other things in the app?(With Android O this will even be possible system wide).

Basically I need to be able to still watch the video while scrolling to comments like you can natively on Vimeo. A massive bonus would be if the floating player could follow me to other tabs as well, so I could be in another tab doing something else while looking at the video out of the corner of my eye.
>>
>>61367223
I have a discontinued Radeon R7 240GB SSD with my OS on it and it's fucking up. It's an OCZ drive, maybe a Vertex with the Radeon name slapped on it, It's been great, but now I need a new drive. What should I replace it with? I also have a Samsung 850 Evo 500GB that I put games on, but I've never put an OS on it and I don't know if it's healthy or not. The Radeon drive reports that it is fine, but it's nuked 2 installs of windows 10 and it was only when I switched back to Windows 7 that I got reports of disk errors.

tl;dr SSD is dying. What should I replace it with? Another Samsung, or something else? My budget is modest and I can only do SATA.
>>
File: DavisInsulted.jpg (334KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
DavisInsulted.jpg
334KB, 1278x720px
How would I use Vim to make this text:

paragraph
paragraph
paragraph

paragraph
paragraph
paragraph

this text:

1 paragraph
1 paragraph
1 paragraph

2 paragraph
2 paragraph
2 paragraph

(such as with one command or the counter|counter|counter thing)

I need to number 700,000 paragraph blocks like this from 1 to 700,000.
>>
>>61378493
Only time I've seen that happen has been either overheating or under powered. 550 watt is a bit on the low end, especially if you have a lot of fans and spinning drives.
>>
>>61373260
You need to call your isp,you have peering issues,and there is nothing you can do about it locally.
>>
will a 4690k bottleneck a 1080?
>>
>>61378857
Just use awk. vim isn't emacs, if it would be easier to use an external tool to do something rather than bending over backwards to do something no-one is going to laugh at you.
>>
I have 200$. I have an android 2.3 phone(sony ericsson xperia mini pro) and a half-broken monitor(seems that matrix is fucked up). What do i do: buy some shitty chink phone(xiaomi redmi note 4x probably) and use 4:3 monitor instead of broken 16:9, or do i buy new 16:9 monitor?
Feels bad to be a poorfag, desu. Can't decide which one is better.
>>
File: 1492530879531.png (83KB, 699x650px) Image search: [Google]
1492530879531.png
83KB, 699x650px
Is there a way to have my PC only turn on when I click my USB mouse and not my USB keyboard? I just switched from a PS2 keyboard, and always used the BIOS option to disable PS2 wake.
>>
>>61367223
What's the best SpaceSniffer equivalent for Mac?

I tried googling but the apps were crapshit. Im trying to make room on my girlfriend's macbook. There's a 120gb(on her 250gb ssd) of "Other"
>>
i'll try once again:
i have a few thousand dupliate pictures, both png and svg. the only difference between their filenames is the extension
is there a way in total commander to list all the duplicate files?
>>
>>61379226
>total commander
No
use:
rmlint
fslint
fdupes
>>
>>61378994
$200 can get you a very nice monitor, especially if your current monitor is old. I had a 7 year old 23" monitor and I got an Asus 27" 1080p for around $150. It's like 10 times better even though it's only 60hz. Just going from 7ms response time to 1ms is like night and day. A phone, on the other hand isn't going to be all that great for $200. All the good phones are pretty pricey which is why I still have an S5.
>>
Does software already exist that can do the following, and is it possible to:

1) Convert 2D images to 3D models, fully converting or at least capturing some 3D data set.

2) Take multiple 3D models / data sets found with #1, and merge them to get the most accurate 3D model possible.

3) Use this final 3D model in Maya, Blender or whatever standard software of choice

?
>>
>>61379235
well, if i'm to use the command line then i migh as well ask for a batch function
>>
>>61379295
Why dont you take 1 minute each to read the fucking man page and realize how fucking stupid you look now
>>
>>61367223
Are the prices for GPUs still high right now?
>>
File: view1.jpg (149KB, 1202x666px) Image search: [Google]
view1.jpg
149KB, 1202x666px
Does anyone have experience setting up a 24/7 stream on youtube? I want to broadcast the view from my balcony for a live image of the weather in my city.
>>
>>61379308
i did and i'm not even a bit less wrong
>>
>>61367223
What kind of salary can I obtain with a simple A+ updated yearly? 30k seems reasonable right?
>>
>>61379329
You didn't now fuck off
>>
>>61379339
i didn't ask for a linux solution so by all means, kill yourself
>>
>>61379339
besides 2/3 of your "solutions" is worth shit in this particular case
>>
>>61379352
>install cygwin
>install one of said programs
>use said program on your dups
>???
>Profit
Stop disabling your self
>>
>>61379362
>install cygwin
lol
>>
am i suppose to not be seeing runtimes near the navigation bar in mpc-hc?
>>
File: Central_Bureaucracy.jpg (81KB, 706x540px) Image search: [Google]
Central_Bureaucracy.jpg
81KB, 706x540px
>>61367223

>Have old HD.
>Finally get a IDE/SATA-to-USB kit.
>It works! Drive isn't dead!
>Try to click on file.
>It wont let me do anything, even as an administrator.
>Have to change all the fucking file permissions. Manually.

Is there a faster way of doing this? It's like dealing with the world's most retarded bureaucracy.
>>
File: GsOpXRH.png (18KB, 389x368px) Image search: [Google]
GsOpXRH.png
18KB, 389x368px
guys my computer was turning on, i could hear the aplications starting trough my headphones(like discord), all the computer lights were on(the motherboard one, the green one on the back, the power button one), but i had no image on my screen, i changed all the cables and changed the monitors too and nothing, then i plugged the monitor on the motherboard and it worked, is it a problem on my graphics card or could it be a problem on the psu, my graphics card is a gtx 645 and the pc is pre built
>>
Is Exodus for Kodi ded? I tried installing it and kept saying it failed or couldn't.
>>
>>61379264
Its impossible to get a balanced price/specs phone nowadays. Its either some chink botnet or uber-shit samsung. I cant imagine wasting more than 300$ on a phone.
>>
>>61379516
Is it is system drive?
Cause you wont have the permissions on your new install,on all files.This is as intended
>>
>>61379594
tvaddons.ag went down and is pivoting into just streaming for-pay services because of legal pressure. You'll have to look for an alternative plugin.
>>
ok /g/

what's the difference between 1360x768 and 1366x768? I see both around the screenfetch threads and in >>>/wg/
why would someone make a monitor that is cut off by 6 pixels?
>>
>>61379893
or actually the other way around: why would someone make a monitor that has 6 extra pixels?
>>
I need a Windows 10 key, is Kinguin safe or should I get it elsewhere?
>>
Are 1080 prices going to get lower than this once the shortage is over? I just sold my 1070 for $480 because of the mining craze so that I can break even on upgrading to a 1080, or Volta if the shortage lasts that long.
>>
File: 1470500584783.jpg (48KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470500584783.jpg
48KB, 720x480px
Is their any merit to the "set your page file allocation to 1.5x of your ram for good fps" meme?

I have 8gb of ddr3 ram and wonder if it will increase Fallout 4's performance.
>>
>>61380336
No
>>
>>61379780
>Is it is system drive?
>Cause you wont have the permissions on your new install,on all files.This is as intended

Yeah, it was.

Okay I think I found a solution. I just change the owner to my current name and make the folder contents inherit the setting.

I should probably remove the other stuff with it, right?
>>
When I lock my screen for some time in Ubuntu Gnome I can't make it come back pressing any keys.
I'm using Nvidia proprietary drivers. Can't find a solution to this anywhere.
>>
File: 59s.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
59s.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>61367223
Is there any sftp tool for windows that looks for changes in a local folder and uploads those to ftp - with some actual progressbar and without any dumb (sync-) setup each start?
>>
Can I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to 10 LTSB using my windows 7 key, or is kmspico my only hope?
>>
File: fsdfsfdsfdsf.png (63KB, 1200x388px) Image search: [Google]
fsdfsfdsfdsf.png
63KB, 1200x388px
What language is this written on?

It's on a textbook about algorithms and they didn't bother specifying what language it's on.
>>
>>61380762
None. It's pseudocode.
>>
What does spotify spies on you?
>>
>>61380811
rephrase
>>
>>61380821
People say spotify is a botnet or some shit, what does it do?
>>
>>61379552
Sounds like a problem with the graphics card, yes. It's hard to find out the details from a distance though.
>>
What's a good but more unconventional paring for brie?
>>
>>61380832
maps you and how you travel
records local access point locations
uid nd gps info
contacts
other accounts on the phone
buys your profile from an advertisement agency that buys your internet history from your cellular ISP
>>
>>61380832
OH NO A STREAMING SERVICE KNOWS WHAT I LISTEN TO ON THEIR SERVER SO THAT THEY CAN SUGGEST OTHER MUSIC I MAY LIKE

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD
>>
>>61370291
Anyone ?
>>
What bitrate should I use for opus? I'd prefer as little quality loss as possible (if I was encoding to mp3, i'd use 320kbps cbr). I'm not too worried about file size, as long as it's 2x smaller than flac.
>>
>>61380882
I'm using it anyway because it has some songs I can't find for shit
>>
>>61380882
nice strawman
>>
>>61380769
Oh. That makes more sense. Thanks.
>>
>>61380484
Try switching to another vty (eg ctl+alt+f2) and logging in in text mode to check your logs to see if you can find any informative error messages.
>>
>>61379206
daisydisk
Torrent it from ipt >>>/g/ptg will invite you
>>
I just finished a Meteor tutorial because it looked good. Is there something better out there, and am I wasting my time?
>>
>>61381127
Asteroid
>>
Is there any way (by using RSS feeds, or Firefox extension) to subscribe to Youtube channels without logging into a jewgle account?
>>
>>61381186
I mean, obviously not simply bookmarking them, as I want to get feeds for new stuff
>>
File: 20170311014724580_2CFN7G4E.jpg (15KB, 500x147px) Image search: [Google]
20170311014724580_2CFN7G4E.jpg
15KB, 500x147px
>>61367223
How can I use "Screen Mirroring" on Debian? (Smart TV as second screen over wifi)
>>
>>61381146
I thought you were fucking with me. Wow, it really does exist. I'm gonna have to check it out.
>>
How do I use SuperXBR with mpv?
>>
any way you guys know to get an amazon gift card/promo code
>>
>>61381389
im not from the us btw
>>
WHERE DO I FIND TOMTOM MAPS FOR ACTUAL GPSES
>>
How can I activate my Windows 10 for free?
>>
I have a ASUS laptop with a charger that has a .5v volt higher but .08A lower rating than that of the laptop model (F550V). Is this within safe parameters or should I invest in buying the exact charger?
>>
>>61381484
KMSpico
>>
File: FatCat.jpg (105KB, 959x724px) Image search: [Google]
FatCat.jpg
105KB, 959x724px
Hey, so i have a problem.

My laptop's (hp pavilion dv6-6c35dx) hard drive died a while ago, and I finally bought a new one to replace it. A 1TB one. I also have Win7 install disks.

I installed the new HDD, and turn the computer on, but the screen does not turn on. Everything else seemingly works fine, but it remains blank, not even displaying a black screen. It worked before the previous HDD died.

Is the screen fucked? Any ideas?
>>
Is there a limit to USB 3.0 speeds? Let me explain.

if i transfer from an external drive to an internal drive, i get ~100MB/s

if i transfer to two different folders simultaneously i get around 30MB/s on each transfer (from the same external drive to the same internal drive).

Now, if I had two external drives and two internal drives, could I get ~100MB/s on each transfer if i moved files from external "A" to internal "A" and then moved some shit from external "B" to internal "B" (so the "A" and "B" pairs are isolated if you catch my drift)?
>>
>>61381768

is that the only hard drive inside it? Have you installed Windows 7 on it yet? I have no experience with laptop BIOS's but you might have to change boot orders for your new drive or try to install Windows 7 from a bootable USB or DVD
>>
>>61381768
>DV6
RIP in peace.
HP G4 and DV4~6 are the worst laptops known where HP earned its fame.
If you ever repair laptops you will see atleast 2 dead out every 10 laptops you get.
Is your capslock led flashing?
Do the fans stay on?

>>61381794
Depends on the controller, but for USB 3.0 it will be 5Gbps.

Yes, Your problem is a HDD limitation, not a USB limitation.
Its faster to move bigger stuff than smaller stuff even if both folders are the same size.
In this case instead moving one big folder you are moving 2 big folders at the same time inside the same HDD.

But if you moved only one folder to another HDD it will be fast, if you moved it to another it would still be fast since one HDD is reading and the other writing instead doing both at the same time.
>>
>>61381484
MSToolkit, want a link i assume?
>>
File: FatCat2.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
FatCat2.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
>>61381812
>is that the only hard drive inside it?
Yes, the only one. Main drive.

I have not installed anything on it yet. I attempted to do it earlier on a separate laptop, and the installer told me it cannot install onto a drive connected by USB, so I was just gonna do it once I put it on the laptop I need it on. Yes, I know how to boot it and install.

>>61381845
>Is your capslock led flashing?
Yes
>Do the fans stay on?
Also yes.

Oh god no, fuck me
>>
>>61368685
don't worry man, the fbi won't get ya in canada
>>
File: 1499425006126.jpg (385KB, 1018x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1499425006126.jpg
385KB, 1018x1060px
Thoughts on installing PandaAV on a laptop used by somebody 60+? Already been give adblock, etc, but at this point any alternative to Norton would be nice.
>>
>>61381902
Is it flashing nonstop?
If yes does it has a AMD CPU?
If no dont worry.
>>
>>61381484
Why you want to activate it?
>>
>>61381936
Use uBlock Origin instead.
Buy him Malwarebytes premium if you care so much that person.
If not, just scan his PC with the offline version every now and then.
>>
>>61381980
As long as it's non-invasive, I think that will work. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>61381951
>Is it flashing nonstop
yes
>If yes does it has a AMD CPU?
CNET tells me it should have a AMD A8 3520M / 1.6 GHz
Looked inside, couldn't tell.
>>
>>61382007
uBlock Origin unlike the average adblock will stop anything from loading if its malware or adware, you might want to add some filter lists other than the stock ones, you just have to click them in settings.
Malwarebytes non-paid version is enough for most people, but for a tech illiterate person it would be better if everything was done automatically.
Also run Adwcleaner every now and then on his computer and check his/her startup list.
>>
>>61382074
You sure this is the first time you had this problem? because i doubt this was caused by you changing your HDD.
Endless flashing means motherboard/GPU failure.
This is usually caused by overheating, and HP is known to gimp cooling and use shit paste that leads to high temperatures.
>>
>>61378143
bumping
>>
If I upgrade from my i5 4570 to a Ryzen 1600X (i.e. a new motherboard and CPU) and for try to keep the same HDD, with the same Windows 10 installation and files, will it still work? Will it be at all usable?
>>
>>61382130
>>61382074
Also i forgot to ask before, how fast is the flashing?

Fast or moderate?
>>
>>61382130
this had never happened before.

Once the hard HDD failed, I kept it unplugged, inactivated, and upside down for a week or so. That couldn't have done something to it could it?

>>61382181
Moderately. It flashes 5 times, with a second between each, then it waits 2 seconds and does it again.
>>
File: 5215i44093B88076B3876?v=1.0.png (25KB, 571x459px) Image search: [Google]
5215i44093B88076B3876?v=1.0.png
25KB, 571x459px
>>61382271
Did you disassemble anything else other than the HDD?
>>
>>61382408
No. Haven't touched anything else.
>>
>>61382478
You only removed the HDD cap and inserted the new HDD?
Do you have access to the CMOS battery? (A gray button battery).
>>
File: octoberry.gif (19KB, 255x232px) Image search: [Google]
octoberry.gif
19KB, 255x232px
>>61367223
I recently bought an old fat ps3 for hacking and playing old and last-gen games. The only problem is that the system's wifi is no longer working. In internet setup there are no wifi settings and the ethernet ports on my router are being used up by my computer and other devices. Will a usb wifi stick work or is there such thing as a ethernet to wifi adapter?
>>
>>61382486
>You only removed the HDD cap and inserted the new HDD?
Yes
>Do you have access to the CMOS battery?
Yeah, it's in clear view. Damn, don't think we have any of those on hand. Will go look just in case.
>>
>>61382521
No just remove it and put it again, this will reset your laptop BIOS to default settings.
>>
>>61382529
Alright, removed and replaced it.

Same result. Dang
>>
>>61382624
From now on its all basic steps, there is not a lot you can do since its hard to find the problem.
Try a different charger.
Remove and put RAM again.
Did you try to turn it on with no HDD?

I would recommend you to dont invest in the computer, and if you need a laptop just buy a cheap Thinkpad(T400 should be $70-80).
If it was a good one that would be another story and it would be a good idea to spend on it to fix it.
>>
what's a simple, no bullshit, free program for ripping dvd's to a hard drive?
>>
What's the difference between i++ and ++i in Java?
Specifically, this is doing my god damn head in;
int x = 5;
int y = x++;
int z = ++x;
System.out.println("sum is " + (x+y+z) );

The output is 19, but no matter how I look at it I can't understand why. There's got to be some little thing I'm overlooking.
>>
>>61382729
One adds 1 to the variable after the operation (i++) and the other before the operation (++i).
>>
>>61382729
19? dont you mean 16?
>>
>>61382729
int x = 5; // x == 5
int y = x++; // y == 5, x ==6
int z = ++x; // z == 7, y == 5, x == 7
System.out.println("sum is " + (x+y+z) ); // 7 + 5 + 7 == 19
>>
>>61382757
So in the example there
System.out.println("sum is " + (x + x++ + ++x) );

Am I wrong in thinking x = 5, y = 5 and z = 6 for this operation? Because the value of y hasn't been incremented yet, but the value of z has?

>>61382803
That's what I thought at first but Eclipse disagrees, it spits out 19
>>
is it new thread time?
>>
>>61382834
We haven't hit bump limit, and we are in page 1.
No.
>>
>>61382808
Why does the value of x change here?
>>
File: wtf.png (7KB, 757x115px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
7KB, 757x115px
Whenever I don't touch my computer anymore Windows 10 is doing something on my computer. What the fuck is it?
The reason I noticed it is because here it's Summer and I have an agressive fan curve, so I can hear my fan spinning up whenever Windows 10 does this. And the millisecond I touch my mouse it STOPS. Please help me understand this.
>>
>>61382844
It is mutated by the prefix and postfix operators (++x and x++).
>>
>>61382845
Welcome to Windows 10 anon the botnet and spyware thing were no joke.
It could be multiple stuff.

Windows defender, Windows update, Telemetry, Software protection service, cortana, etc.
You can check what files are being used under resource monitor disk and CPU section.
>>
>>61382840
sorry, whats bump limit on here (in fact, how did you find out (and for the rest of the boards?)?)
>>
>>61382874
310-315.
4chanX, ccd0 fork to be exact install it if you dont have it, its quite handy.
>>
>>61382808
When you set z it is assigned before x is incremented. So z=6 and after that x=7.
>>
>>61382862
I had no idea the increment operators worked that way. I still don't fully understand it but thankyou for the concise answers.
>>
>>61382863
can you disable any of that stuff?
>>
>>61382654
Tied all 3. No difference in result.

Shame. Was hoping it was savable. But thank you for all your help anon.
>>
>>61382863
The thing is it goes away the second I touch my mouse, so I can't even check what it's doing as it instantly disappears. I think at least.
>>
>>61382883
cheers (sorry again, but what do forks refer to?)
>>
>>61382889
No, that line uses a prefix operator. x is incremented first, then the incremented value is assigned to x.
>>
>>61382920
*assigned to z
>>
>>61382895
>Defender
Yes.
>Updates
Not on all versions, only pro and enterprise(LTSB).
>Telemetry
No without breaking the OS.
>Software protection service
I haven't searched about it.
>Cortana
No unless you use LTSB.

>>61382911
>You may find yourself wanting to contribute to someone else’s project. Or maybe you’d like to use someone’s project as the starting point for your own. This process is known as forking.
>Creating a “fork” is producing a personal copy of someone else’s project. Forks act as a sort of bridge between the original repository and your personal copy.

https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x
>>
>>61382930
>Forks act as a sort of bridge
I hate bridges. So triggered right now.
>>
File: 4anon2.png (49KB, 848x593px) Image search: [Google]
4anon2.png
49KB, 848x593px
>>61382845
Welcome to windows 10 anon.
Where your OS doesn't give a fuck what you are doing.
Pic related.
>>
>>61382863
>>61383009
so is the choice win 7 or 8 (or still 10 despite these issues)?
>>
>>61383064
Yes.
LTSB is the best version since you can turn off stuff or it doesn't come at all (Cortana, edge, windows store, etc).

Windows 10 is not bad itself, its just it has too much broken stuff over it.
Example, you have to use the group policy editor to disable Windows defender which should be deactivated when you install another antivirus, but it is never deactivated.
>>
How do I select a good scanner? By how much will my electricity bill increase? I want to contribute a bit to a books private tracker.
>>
>>61383102
>>>/a/scanlation
>>>/a/buyfag
Talk with any manga/hentai scanner in general.
>>
>>61383009
I guess I'll just change my fan curve...
>>
>>61383128
Talking about educational black and white books
>>
>>61372286
GET A NEW PSU
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE CLUELESS TO REALIZE YOUR PSU IS ALL FUCKED UP
AND GET A SURGE PROTECTOR FAGGOT
>>61382845
Windows 10 has a scheduler where if you're idle too long it will boot up maintenance and telemetry crap.
>>
>>61383164
A scanner is a scanner for anything, you just will scan something different.
>>
>>61383178
OK, thankyou
>>
>>61383176
>Windows 10 has a scheduler where if you're idle too long it will boot up maintenance and telemetry crap.
Does that serve any real purposes? If not, any way to make it stop?
>>
I was away from my pc and I just noticed someone remotely took control of my curser , opened up an email bookmark, the window then closed before i took control of the curser again and restarted my pc... wtf just happened? i hope it was just some kind of crazy pop up..kind of freaking out
>>
>>61383216
Not without the sysadmin windows 10 manual you can't make it completely stop.
And don't ask me where I stashed it, I only have the windows 7 one.
>>
>>61383272
So you want the basic security procedure or wanna go full paranoid?

Download and Run Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes.
>>
>>61383352
running a malwarebytes scan now, i just hope it hasn't happened before
>>
>>61383371
Download Microsoft Autorun, extract it and run it as admin.
Check logon and scheduled task tab.

How you didnt notice if it was a popup/ad or your mouse actually moving?
>>
Does anyone here actually use cock.li as their main email address? Can I trust vincent canfield with my shit?
>>
>>61383407
i was sitting in the living room away from my pc but can still see it in the other room , i was too far away to see what came up exaclty but looked a lot like my yahoo inbox... it closed out before i could get to my pc.. i did notice a pop behind ad behind my browser though, so maybe somehoe how that caused it and not some hacker

what will that do when I run it?
>>
>>61381345
1. go to https://github.com/bjin/mpv-prescalers/tree/master
2. download the version of superxbr you want
3. add
opengl-shader=path-to-superxbr.glsl
to your config file
>>
>>61383437
Popups dont usually pop up nowhere while your PC is idle.

Read everything that starts when you start windows.
>>
File: malware.jpg (18KB, 1058x29px) Image search: [Google]
malware.jpg
18KB, 1058x29px
>>61383449
what do you mean read everything?

also this showed up
>>
>>61376694
What the fuck are you smoking? Basically every video player uses the GPU

What the fuck do you think a graphics processing unit is for
>>
>>61382862
but wouldn't that mean in the end it adds 7 + 7 + 7?
>>
>>61383459
GenX stands for generic, could be anything.
>>
File: malware.jpg (47KB, 581x329px) Image search: [Google]
malware.jpg
47KB, 581x329px
here's what happenes when i go to delete it , strangely enough... the file seems to be created right when the hack happened, if that's what it was
>>
>>61382729
This is (essentially) what it expands to

int x = 5;

int y = x;
x += 1;

x += 1;
int z = x;

System.out.println("sum is " + (x+y+z) );

I added extra newlines between the lines of your original code for clarity.
>>
>>61383501
Malwarebytes will delete in in reboot dont worry.
>>
>>61383509
that clears things up, ignore >>61383467
>>
>>61383521
so did someone take over my pc or what?
>>
>>61383541
Only you can tell what happened to your PC.
>>
>android OS wifi usage at 3.5GB per day
what the fucking shit
>>
>>61383559
do you have gapps/google play services installed? If so it's probably the google spyware phoning home.
>>
File: malware.jpg (261KB, 1302x465px) Image search: [Google]
malware.jpg
261KB, 1302x465px
>>61383553
some other ones found
>>
>>61383577
also my malwarebytes didn't reboot just did a quarantine

should I restart?
>>
>>61383577
Anon how much shit were you installing without reading?
Do you have opened infected USBs? (All files will be shortcuts for example).

I would believe someone managed to run an remote session this way.

>>61383588
No run Adwcleaner.
>>
>>61383577
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/backdoor-agent/
You could just delete it the usual way, or go full paranoid and reinstall windows, personally this is Shit hit the fan tier.
>>
>>61383592
ok running adwcleaner

no im pretty sure i have no open infected usbs, whatever that is

installing without reading what?
>>
is speed of download affected by choosing either utorrent or qbittorrent?
>>
>>61383577
This >>61383605
Fucking Nuke that shit. You can scan your external drives when it's done.
>>
>>61383571
Yeah, I figured as much. But google play services and play store figure with like 1mb each of wifi usage.

its "android OS" that just this month has already used 25gb of wifi.

Fucking insane.
>>
are ordering posts by number of replies and/or
showing which posts are yours an option on 4chan?
>>
Is there a way to make webpages fit to the whole screen/no bigger than the whole screen by default in firefox? thanks
>>
>>61383641
i don't have external drives

not going to nuke anything unless i have to
>>
>>61383634
yes, qbittorrent will open up a private link between your PC and the NSA to download at 3x your regular internet bandwidth
>>
>>61383592
after running adwcleaner i restarted the pc and to get a completely black desktop, couldn't open anything but task manager, after another restart im back to normal, going to run another scan though
>>
>>61383748
is it worth the risk?
>>
>>61383750
Download Microsoft Autorun and run it, also run it as admin.
Post the Logon and scheduled tasks section here.
>>
File: Capture.png (37KB, 681x341px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
37KB, 681x341px
been having an issue where my computer keeps waking up from sleep for no apparent reason. this is what powercfg -lastwake shows, which is nothing. any other ideas what i could do to stop this?
>>
File: malware.jpg (340KB, 859x663px) Image search: [Google]
malware.jpg
340KB, 859x663px
>>61383789
>Microsoft Autorun
k done
>>
File: dialup.png (252KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
dialup.png
252KB, 800x600px
does anyone know of a way to use a android phone as a dial-in server for dial-up modems?
I'd like to mess with it for education reasons, and since basically all phone plans nowadays have unlimited minutes, it seems like a nice risk free way to mess with old internet technology
I can't seem to find anything on google besides people asking how to dial in with android and not run a server
>>
>>61383829
Disable the last 4 scheduled tasks, the ones that start with {.
Are you sure you ran it as admin?
Does it say your username in the window title?
>>
>>61383848
yep i ran it as admin.... autoruns 64, im running 64bit so i picked that, there were a couple others though
>>
>>61383859
Thats the one you were supposed to run.
sc versions are command lines for something more advanced you dont need.

Also thats all you had to do with this program, its up to malwarebytes and adwcleaner now.
>>
>>61383873
so scan again or what? and what did disabling those do exactly?
>>
>>61383888
Last 4 were malware, i was looking for something else but apparently is not there.
>>
>>61383893
thanks for your help... i need to run my malware more often obviously
>>
Please help.
picture thumbnails aren't showing up in any folder on windows 10.
Also, is there anyway I can organize a lot of pictures in database/tag based system?
>>
>>61383835
how are you planning on connecting a physical land line to a wireless phone exactly?
>>
File: SS_2017-07-15_09.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2017-07-15_09.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>61383912
Use Icaros. Also works on webm files.
>>
>>61383931
4g network > android (server) > cell phone network > POTS > modem (client)
>>
>>61383912
Disk cleanup>Select thumbnails>Delete
>>
What's the best way to break stuff for making
kintsugi?
>>
>>61383946
i don't know what POTS means... sounds way above my head and a waste of time for me
>>
>>61383965
Plain Old Telephone Service
>>
what antivirus do i download after clean w10 install
>>
>>61383977
as far as i know you can't connect a landline to a cell network
>>
>>61383987
Malwarebytes, and disable the trial.
>>
>>61384000
then how the fuck do you call a landline on a cell phone?
>>
>>61384007
you can call one but you can run a modem through wireless... pointless as hell
>>
>>61383692
>>61383706
anyone? (these were both me)
>>
>>61384017
I'm not connecting a landline to a cell network I'm just calling from it
>>
>>61384054
way above my head... if you googled it and nothing came up i doubt you can do it... maybe draw it up how you want to connect it and show us
>>
File: setwinhook.png (4KB, 803x221px) Image search: [Google]
setwinhook.png
4KB, 803x221px
What kind of code is this? I know it's low level windows. Is this assembly?
>>
trusty old MOTOROLLA sb6121 isn't liked by comcast anymore
what should I get? looking for the best hardware, JUST a cable modem, not one of those shitty combination units
>>
hello, new thread
>>61384105
>>61384105
>>61384105
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.