[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your collections

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170713_203538.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_203538.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Post your collections
>>
thinkpads were designed for secretaries to type emails on right? they are basically the smartphone of the 90s and 00s, even has the same derogatory connotation in the name.
>>
>>61357655
are those edge thinkpads?
>>
>>61357655

Don't forget to tape your webcams. They're always watching--- listening. Stay Woke!
>>
>>61357655
These are some of the most common, boring laptops you can get. Why would you collect something that is neither rare, nor interesting, nor retains value?
>>
>>61358415
Only one. The others are a t460p and a yoga
>>61358459
It's not a collection. Just happened to not throw any away for a bit more than a decade
>>
I don't collect things because I'm not a capitalist drone. Rise above material possessions my friends and come with to form a collective community where love is the only thing that's valued.
>>
>>61359043
so 1 laptop/18months ?
i guess you don't have a desktop on the side?
>>
>>61359125
Well no, the tablets are side devices. Also I used the 2012 MacBook Pro (always with Linux) from 2012 to 2016 when I bought the t460p.

I have a 2006ish desktop, Intel core2quad q6700, 4gb DDR 2 ram and so on. Wanted to replace it 4 years ago but started appreciating it again when I upgraded it to an SSD. Honestly I see no point in upgrading. It perfectly handles my 2 x 1080 p screens and I don't play games anyway.

</blog>
>>
>>61359125
>>61359231
Your question made me look for all my invoices lol

2004 - 2008 Powerbook
Then the PowerPC started getting problematic because the whole world was using x86. I'd also like to point out that I stopped using OS/X around 2006 and used some half assed supported Linux
2008 - 2012 MacBook Air
I was bluepilled by the build quality of apple products and went for the air. My girlfriend still uses it today as her main device kek
2012 - 2016 MacBook Pro
Nice display etc, also always ran Ubuntu on it but the build quality is just great
2016 t460p
The MBPs trackpad is stuck and the new Apple devices prevent you from running Linux so I went full /tpg/. Also I already had nice experiences with my thinkpad yoga tablet

The others:
Thinkpad e550: for 20 $ from a flea market, didn't boot, turns out the hard disk was broken. Sadly it has a 1366x768 screen so it just catches dust. I use it to play around with OpenBSD

Pinebook: I wanted an ARM device but the lima driver sucks so it's unusable or you have to run a 20 year old kernel
>>
>>61358216
(you)
>>
>>61357655
I really miss NetBooks, now all we've got are shitty tablets and ChromBooks. It was nice having a weak laptop that was still actually a laptop.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.