[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for all the Net Neutrality proponents, and let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1496340228404.jpg (107KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496340228404.jpg
107KB, 960x720px
Question for all the Net Neutrality proponents, and let's try to keep this civil

If the regulation that the FCC wants to roll back never entered force, how will anything change?

I don't necessarily disagree with the regulations that were written up but if they were never in force, how will preventing them from taking effect be the end of open internet? That seems like status quo.
>>
>>61356083
ISPs started to look for loopholes in past legislation to weasel their asses out of net neutrality. The current legislation exists to keep net neutrality for long term. Obviously, ISPs don't want that. That's why rolling back isn't good. It's also a bad message. If ISPs get what they want they will keep pushing and trying for more.

The system how it is run now is less profitable for ISPs, because it makes it hard for them to budget customers below their actual contractual agreements. ISPs want you to pay up decent money while only using minuscule amounts of data and bandwidth. They underestimated Netflix and other streaming services. With those in place, every customer is a potential burden on their network.

The whole situation is really straightforward. Only shills will argue against net neutrality. Literally. Only people who directly benefit from fucking over customers have arguments against net neutrality.
>>
>>61356083
Previously Net Neutrality was treated as if it were in effect until the situation changed legally. Right now ISPs likely don't want to risk people becoming aware of the situation and negative consequences to them by inconveniencing normies severely enough that they would complain and prevent a rollback.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.