[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who switched to Metro PCS get in here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Comb12072017054810.jpg (308KB, 2720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Comb12072017054810.jpg
308KB, 2720x1280px
What carrier did you switch from and how much worse or better is metro pcs?

I just got a free 32GB/2GB LG K20 plus from them and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Call quality is better with little to no interference, LTE works everywhere and is batshit crazy fast.

I switched over from boost mobile which has got to be one of the worst carriers out there. Call quality was always shit and half the time there was interference that made it impossible to perceive human speech. LTE worked 30% of the time and when it did immediately throttled to 1mbps or less.
>>
File: 1496105025637.jpg (14KB, 236x264px) Image search: [Google]
1496105025637.jpg
14KB, 236x264px
>>61343156
>much worse or better is metro pcs?
MetroPCS used to be a ghetto CDMA carrier for niggers, at least that's how it was here in new England.

They got bought out by T-Mobile a couple of years ago and now they are just a 1:1 lower-end brand but hosted on T-Mobile's network. The sims are even cross-compatible because they are the same. It's identical in functionality to T-Mobile but I recommend you use your own device.
>>
>>61343156
When I was in my senior year in HS I used MetroPCS, I loved it for the dirt cheap Unlimited Plan because it ran off of T-Mobiles towers.

I switched from MetroPCS to Verizon because they have better speeds in my area, but MetroPCS is just fine for those who don't download shit all day, I used Metro as my home internet for a while and it worked fine until they cracked down on unlimited tethering.

All in all it depends on where you live man.(Except for Sprint, that shit is bad)

I might switch back to Metro now that I have home internet that is fast, they even have that unlimited plan for 50 a month.
>>
>>61343731
What do you mean cracked down on tethering (I'm asking for a friend)?
>>
>>61343731
Using various tricks would allow you to bypass their 8GB tethering limit for the 60 dollar unlimited plan, but as of around February, they perform deep packet inspection so most of your traffic will be detected unless you use a VPN.

There are still ways around it, but it's not as easy. Verizon still hasn't cracked down on theirs and I used it as home internet for a while.
>>
>>61343773
oops, see
>>61343825
>>
let see here...

cricket when they finally kicked in evdo 1x was a fucking pain in the ass. you had to get the right rep to enable that shit on your account, otherwise youd only get what.. 20kb/s?

boost is a fucking joke. i had sprints $50 unlimited when wimax was around, and it still sucks where im at even though it shows 4glte

att buying cricket, and cockblocking everyone with 8mb max is what made me switch to metro.

i dont get good service everywhere. i dont, really. BUT i hit 2-6mbps usually, and when it gits gud, i see 40mbps+.

>most of your traffic will be detected unless you use a VPN
unless you know some shit i dont, even with my vpn running it still counts my tether data
>>
>>61345003
>unless you know some shit i dont, even with my vpn running it still counts my tether data
wut, I've been using pda + pia just fine.
>>
>>61343156
The one thing I really hate about MetroPCS is that if you want to switch phones, you're forced to waste time calling their customer service line and giving them your new phone's IMEI. It's not simply popout sim from old phone and insert sim in new phone like every other GSM service. It was more bareable a few years ago before Metro decided to move their customer service to India.

Other than that it's pretty okay. Since it's owned directly by T-Mobile MetroPCS isn't deprioritized as much compared to other MVNOs.

>>61343731
The only thing to watch out for with the $50 unlimited plan is that video streaming is limited to 480p and hotspot is blocked.
>>
>>61343626
Boost Mobile is the nigger carrier here, Thats what it was targeted at.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.