[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you disable the fucking head parking in the BIOS or at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1479659370985.png (561KB, 719x901px) Image search: [Google]
1479659370985.png
561KB, 719x901px
How do you disable the fucking head parking in the BIOS or at startup automatically? This shit is killing hard drives, why the fuck is it even a thing
>>
File: 1499621829439.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1499621829439.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
Install yosemite
>>
>>61342736
Head parking is fine.
>>
>>61342852
kill yourself
>>
>>61342736
Hey brainlet, the HDD firmware controls head parking behavior.
>>
>>61342736
why is this a bad thing??
>>
File: goodearth.png (148KB, 461x456px) Image search: [Google]
goodearth.png
148KB, 461x456px
>>61343422
Yeah I want to know.
>>
File: fucking_carl.png (338KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
fucking_carl.png
338KB, 500x376px
>>61343628
God I wish our planet was like this.
>>
>>61343422
Aggressive head parking wears out the drives, which decreases its lifespan to a couple of days depending on how aggressive it is.

Google it next time fucking brainlet
>>
>>61343772
This is actually bullshit. No wear on the drive is caused by head parking.

The main problem is that if the head parking is too aggressive then it can harm performance, because the drive parks the heads and spins down to save power, then it has to wait for the platters to spin up before the heads can be floated back out onto the platter.
The second problem is that this is when head crashes are most likely to occur, if the platter isn't rotating fast enough when the heads leave the park they will collide with the platter.
>>
>>61343978
>says it's bullshit
>refutes himself

wew lad, you are special.
>>
2easy4u solution: install SSD.

I mean, fuck, a little 32GB SSD costs nothing. Put your OS on it and use your HDD as a mount-after-boot storage drive.
>>
>>61344098
What is the point of your post exactly?
>>
>>61344066
I didn't refute myself because there is still no wear on the drive by the parking.

The increased chance of head crashes depends entirely on the drive firmware. Not in how aggressively it parks, but when it brings the heads back onto the platters. If the firmware is fine it will be fine, if not then you're about as likely to have the drive die when you turn your computer on.
>>
>>61344105
Install SSD, no worries about heads initializing and ruining disks or whatever you HDDtards are talking about
>>
>>61344129
You did, you explained why head parking is aids and should not exist

>>61344150
So you think head parking is related to the OS being on the hard drive, shut the fuck up and go back to Linustechtips you worthless subhuman.
>>
>>61344161
It clearly only affects HDDs. I never implied it had anything to do with where the OS was stored you lowiq nigger
>>
>>61344207
Yes you did, >>61344150 and >>61344098

Since you're clearly autistic, I'll quote you
>HDD as a mount-after-boot storage drive

Google head parking or bother your master Linus to teach your wortlhess two digit IQ on what it means
>>
>>61344224
Okay, look, you're sperging out. Just disconnect your pathetic HDD when shutting down and then reconnect it on boot to avoid the HDD problems

Or you could just move on to the superior SSD. 1995fag.
>>
>>61344343
>Be you, severely autistic
>Say stupid comment
>Get called out for stupid comment
>Scream "S-stop sperging"

Get the fuck out you autistic little shit
>>>/v/
>>
>>61344343
What's with retards like you appearing on /g/ as of late?
>>
if you're smart enough, then you can disable it
if you're not smart enough to disable it, its not your business to be trying
>>
>>61343772
>decreases its lifespan to a couple of days
Literally what?
It's gotta be something else you're doing my man
Maybe try not dropping your drive several feet onto a wooden floor before plugging it in
>>
>>61344500
The most underused tech tip of all. They should be teaching this in schools, like the one OP goes to.
>summer over when
>>
>>61344105
To replace your spinning rust with a type of drive that has no moving parts.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.