[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

before you ask, YES - I MAD HOW DO I MAKE WINDOWS 10 STOP AUTOMATICALLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 030517donald-trump-insane[1].jpg (30KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
030517donald-trump-insane[1].jpg
30KB, 600x300px
before you ask, YES - I MAD

HOW DO I MAKE WINDOWS 10 STOP AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTING

I NEVER ASKED TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES

I NEVER ASKED TO REBOOT

WHY WOULD YOU REBOOT WHEN I GO TO WORK

I LEFT EVERYTHING OPEN

YOU FAGGOTS
>>
Never had this problem.
>>
>>61339627
Windows insider program?
Automatic Update Background Tasks?
>>
>>61339627
Install gentoo
>>
Set your connection to metered and WU will only download updates when you ask it to.
Unless you installed creator's update, which ignores this setting. In this case you need to disable the WU service.
>>
everything you left open will open again once you log in to your computer. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>61339658
This.
>>
>I NEVER ASKED TO DOWNLOAD UPDATES
>pc gets infected with the latest ransomware
>no backups because he's lazy
>>
>>61339627
Install Gentoo.
>>
People who complain about updates are stupid as fuck. 99% of the updates are security updates which are extremely important.
>>
Lubuntu.

If you're feeling frisky, Arch Anywhere.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>61339688
>Set your connection to metered
>Ethernet
>>
>>61339627
Something tells me you are under 18, OP.
Remember you're only allowed to post on here if you're an adult.
>>
>>61339658
Same desu. OP is a brainlet that cant into settings.
>>
>>61339627
just stop the windows update service
>>
>>61339776
You can.
>>
>>61339732
That doesn't justify microsoft taking complete control with Botnet 10 over people's property that they paid for.
>>
>>61339835
U paid for the bot net tho
>>
>>61339835
The software is what's updating, not the hardware. You still have control of the hardware.

I would also like to point out that stupid fucking people are a security risk for the entire fucking world. Please just stay on windows 10 so future malware becomes less of an issue because you clearly aren't responsible enough to manage your own shit.
>>
>>61339627
>using windows 10

get shit on faggot
windows 7 best windows
>>
>>61339776
>regedit cares
>>
>>61339627
>HOW DO I MAKE WINDOWS 10 STOP AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTING
by going back to Windows 7
>>
File: install gentoo captcha.jpg (7KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
install gentoo captcha.jpg
7KB, 300x57px
>>61339627
That's what Windows 10 does. If you don't like it, stop using Windows 10
>>
>>61340417
He's right you know.
>>
>>61339689
wrong
>>
>>61339658
Same here. It always notifies me and allows me to choose when to restart.
>>
File: 1490571896676.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490571896676.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>61339627
>win+r
>gpedit.msc
>prevent automatic reboot
>>
>>61341261
that doesnt work since 6 months ago
>>
>>61341285
>configure automatic updates
>notify for download and automatic install
Well, it works for me to this day.
>>
>>61339732
were talking about automatically restarting.

cant believe people defend this
>>
>>61339941
>The software is what's updating, not the hardware. You still have control of the hardware.
Your computer is being forcibly restarted regardless of your will dumbass. That's literally the definition of not being in control.

>Please just stay on windows 10 so future malware becomes less of an issue because you clearly aren't responsible enough to manage your own shit.
Is this directed at me? I have had no problems updating my systems all my life without anyone handholding me through it, be it windows or linux. That's the entire point you retarded fuck, I just don't need it.

Are you being paid for those posts or are you just this dumb Raj? Incidentally I also use Windows 10 on my desktop so my hate doesn't come from any kind of anti windows zealotry. I just hate garbage, and 10 happens to be one. And worst of all I'm literally forced to use it.
>>
>>61339694
So, if Windows had a decent backup system built-in, like macOS’ Time Machine. They wouldn’t have to force restarts to their users?
>>
>>61342401
What does a backup system have to do with restarting in order to finish updates?
I was talking about the security implications of deferring updates.
>>
>>61342432
The post implies if he got malware (from not updating) and would have backups on hand that there wouldn’t be any problem. Therefore that forced updates to “prevent malware” wouldn’t be needed.
>>
>>61339627
Turn on developer options in settings
>>
>>61339627
I actually had an idea, maybe someone could try it
Updates only download over Wi-Fi or Ethernet comnecrions, not over metered connections
You could trick Windows into thinking you are using a metered connection when you really are using Wi-Fi and it won't download updates
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-12_23-09-47.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-12_23-09-47.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
This is how you solve that problem.
>>
>>61339627
Install GNU+linux
>>
>>61342488
Backups are needed in case of everything going to shit. My post does not imply that updates are unneeded, it implies that deferring updates leaves you open to malware which in turn may lead to lost data which would require the user to use a backup. But most users don't make backups.

Backups are a fail-safe, not a way make updates unneeded. In the same way elevators have brake systems and multiple cables. By your logic, they wouldn't need more than one cable because they have breaks. Breaks, like backups, are a fail-safe to protect against the worst cases possible.
>>
>>61342495
WHERE
>>
>>61339627
Ah?, I've found your problem...

WINBLOWS 10!
>>
>>61339694
This never happens. It did one time and google update saved nobody.
>>61339732
Never got a virus in win10, never will. Stop believing (((developers)))
>>
>>61339627
Have you tried turning it off then back on again?
>>
>>61339941
>The software is what's updating, not the hardware. You still have control of the hardware.
>yet your device forcefully shuts itself down
imagine using windows 10 in a hospital setting..
>>
>>61343908
>This never happens.
Are you talking about wannacry? Because Microsoft patched the exploits wannacry used way before it appeared. The computers that got infected were either running XP or had updates disabled.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/msrc/2017/05/12/customer-guidance-for-wannacrypt-attacks/
>In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting.
>>
>>61339627
Disable windows update in services
>>
>>61344353
you cant do that - we went over this, that doesnt work.
>>
isnt there another version of windows 10, with more dev options, or am i mistaken?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.