[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE MICROSHIT MAD MEN DIT IT AGAIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: UYxw-HcD_400x400.png (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
UYxw-HcD_400x400.png
18KB, 400x400px
https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_14
what's their endgame? who will stop them?
>>
>>61335809
it's pretty comfy desu
>>
Keen for when they can put files on a different window like VS can
>>
>>61335809
there is no end game. FLOSS, by nature, does not permit such a thing. and VS Code is FLOSS. so is .NET Core and probably a bunch of other shit in the future.

MS has simply come to the realization that while vendor lock-in may work on users, it does NOT work on developers, and the only way for their technology to propagate is for them to pay ball.
>>
>>61335809
>his code editor is made with html/javascript
>>
>>61335925
it's actually made with HTML/TypeScript
>>
I really did not expect that out of the new editors that copy sublime
the microsoft would emerge victorious
atom was the front runner, but I guess they are just not good enough
>>
>bloatstudio
why should I care
>>
>>61336225
it's not visual studio my ignorant friend
>>
>>61336079
agree, sublime was too elitist.i love vscode though, one of those rare software that is a pleasure to work with.
>>
>>61335924
that and no one sells software anymore, its all about locking people into your platform, so when all the devs know MS tech then all the companies/govt/employers end up getting locked into MS tech, then MS send the lawyers into the office and explain the multifaceted licensing agreement that all the devs have implicitly made the company agree to and then chaching $$$. The other platform now is software as a service, where you get around horrible licences like the GPL by selling a service rather than software itself. They knew this back in the early 00s that selling software is dead, ballmer did internal speeches on it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.