[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Year of the linux desktop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: penguin_sh.jpg (9KB, 250x172px) Image search: [Google]
penguin_sh.jpg
9KB, 250x172px
>Install fedora 26
>Install official chrome rpm
>System breaks
>Fedora becomes unbootable
>>
>being so incompetent you format your harddick when trying to install a package
>>
>install <os i don't like>
>do retarded shit
>doesn't work
le meme XD

where do i upvote your post?
>>
Cool story pajeet why don't you go apply for a job at IBM, you'll fit right in.
>>
>download the official package of one of the most commonly used web browsers from the official site
>click install
>os fucks up
Hurr ur retarded :^^^^)
>>
>not good at computer
>computer's fault
>>
>>61333514
>Install official chrome rpm
for what purpose?
>>
>>61333514
if you're honestly that retarded how do you even breath?
>>
>>61333667
for running chrome I guess

>>61333654
>>61333674
never had this happen on windows though, that a single non-malicious installer makes the whole system unbootable. Maybe something is wrong with the operating system you're shilling for, don't know....
>>
>>61333514
That's what you get for accepting your role as redhat's lab rat.
>>
>>61333705
>for running chrome I guess
it isnĀ“t available in the repository? that or chromium, my lad
>>
>>61333514
>Use NSA approved meme distribution
>Still too stupid to use friendly linux distro even with NSA help
>>
>>61333514
That doesn't sound believable at all, you're either shitposting or you fucked something else up.
>>
>>61333854
>Use a linux distribution not only backed by a for-profit corporation but also the NSA
>Still too shit to get any work done
>>
>>61333514
i can't hardly believe a rpm can bork your boot process

maybe you restarted mid-update
>>
>>61333514
how much money would it take to invest in a linux company to develop drivers and test them?
WHQL-style testing I mean
(just a ballpark... like 10k? 100k? 1M? 10M?)
>>
>>61333873
After installing the default Fedora 26 Gnome live dvd, I added to the system gnome tweak tool from the software center and downloaded and installed the chrome rpm of my respective architecture. Clicked on the chrome icon added to the activities menu and it wouldn't startup, afterwards no applications were starting up (not even terminal), rebooted and just got into in an endless gdm loop in which I wasn't allowed to sign in.
>>
>>61333884
I didn't too, that's why I decided to use the chrome rpm rather than the chromium available in the repos. Could it be perhaps that the rpm from google's site was only meant to work on fedora 25 as 26 was only released yesterday?
>>
>>61333930
those rpms only write on a system folder, that is literally impossible to interfere with the boot process
i supose your 'my system doesn't boot anymore' means you get to a console prompt, right?
>>
>>61333915
gdm/systemd/logind/pam combo is a bitch and it breaks really easily.
>>
Use chromium, retard.
>>
beta version of redhat doesn't ship with chromium in the repositories because "its very very hard to package" so they staged a "protest" to coverup their laziness because every other fucking distribution on the planet apparently has no problem packaging it.
>>
>>61333601
Why do you generalize people who use prefer Windows? Not all Windows users are dirty Pajeets, smartass.
>>
>>61333854
NSA makes the best software out of all US intel agencies though anon
>>
It's the daily >i'm clinically too retarded for Linux thread
Saged.
>>
>>61334268
Man, you anti-redhat shills really just have no shame, do you? You lie soo much, despite reality proving you wrong, in the hopes that people will just believe the script that you are given to copy paste all over the internet that sounds smart but in reality is just FUD an earns you mere rupees per week.

For anyone interested in real life: Chromium has been officially packaged since several distro releases by now and chrome has been available for probably 10 years now,
>>
>>61333514
> Updating your OS on release day

>>61333705
So at the boot menu just go down and boot into the last kernel before you borked it...

Also of course it doesn't happen on Windows, you're comparing proprietary software to a FREE OS used by hobbyists. Of course the proprietary software will be more stable.
>>
>>61333514
>still not using appimage
>>
>>61333514
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>61335982
why bother then, what's so good about free software besides being free
>>
File: serveimage(11).png (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(11).png
55KB, 640x360px
>>61333514
Are you a basketball American, OP?
>>
>>61336109
> hobbyists
It's literally for people who want to tinker with the OS like you used to back in the old days. If you're not interested in programming or general IT I don't really see the point of having linux.
> { Unless you're a hardcore freedom friend }

If you just want something that works that's unix use a Mac. If you just want something that works with everything Windows.
>>
File: 947813-fs8.png (63KB, 460x432px) Image search: [Google]
947813-fs8.png
63KB, 460x432px
>>61336181
>>
>>61336341
If computers weren't racist he'd be a web developer in Silicon Valley, but alas, he had to turn to crime.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.