[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with lag in online games? My internet service is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (14KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 302x167px
How to deal with lag in online games? My internet service is 10 mbps(third world country, I know) and, while it works fine most of the time, I can't play any online games while someone else in the house is watching youtube/netflix/anything else that takes a lot of bandwidth.

Is there anything I can do about it? A friend told me about doing QoS changes on my router, would that be a good idea?
>>
>>61330296
Tell him to fuck off while you are playing you gaems or buy a separate line for yourself.
>>
Going to be getting a new router and modem. For router was thinking the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 or the AC2600.

What's a good modem? I really don't know much about this stuff. I see that Amazon recommends the CM500 or CM700. Thoughts?

Sorry if I sound like a retard, just want opinions before purchasing
>>
>>61330296
QoS will fix it, you've got bufferbloat which is affecting your latency when playing video games.

If your router doesn't have QoS and you own the router (not ISP provided), then you can flash it with aftermarket software that will give you full control over it.
>>
>lag
Lmao get gud my dude
>>
>>61330634
Got any link/tutorial explaining how to do QoS?
>>
>>61330806
Bump
>>
Put a password in your network.
>>
>>61330296
Doesn't matter how good your router is, you can't pull more than 10mbps from the wall.
>>
>>61330296
What you're trying to do is the internet equivalent of trying to pull 12 gallons of water per minute from a pipe that can only produce 10 gallons of water per minute (presuming only one device is trying to access Netflix). Without paying for more mb/sec I can't see how fiddling with your router is gonna help.
>>
>>61330624
Honestly, unless you're getting a shit ton of bandwidth, any old gigabit router will work for you. I'd recommend the TP Link Archer C7. Pretty much the cheapest gigabit router with AC wifi.
>>
>>61332191
>>61332153
What about things like youtube? They're not supposed to consume so much bandwidth, why can't I play an online game like Dota 2 or Overwatch when someone else is using it?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.