[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teen dies from using cellphone while taking a bath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 22

File: 1499771317331.jpg (46KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1499771317331.jpg
46KB, 876x493px
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/11/teen-dies-from-using-cellphone-while-taking-bath.html

>Madison Coe, 14, was electrocuted taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico, news station KCBD reported.

>Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbing the phone as it was being charged.

Is it even possible for you to be electrocuted from the 5V 1-2A output that a phone charger puts out? Unless the girl tried to plug the charger into the wall with wet hands I don't see how she could've possibly been electrocuted by her phone charger.
>>
>>61319489
I read this. Sound suspicious.
GFCI outlets are required near a sink
so unless this Texas house pre-dates the requirement for them, this may be ...

Murder! (dun dun DUNNN)
>>
>>61319489
Good.
>>
Phone users deserve to die anyway.
>>
how fucking dumb can you be
>>
>>61319657
What are gfci outlets? I Live in Texas btw
>>
>>61319657
>Texas house
I dont think Texans lets the government tell them what they can and cannot do
>>
>>61319744
They are outlets that cut themselves off when they detect a short circuit
>>
>>61314491
>>
>>61319744
You know that shit with the TEST and RESET buttons? They're designed to shut off if dangerous current flow is detected.
>>
File: GFCIoutlet.png (176KB, 689x570px) Image search: [Google]
GFCIoutlet.png
176KB, 689x570px
>>61319744
These are now required in US houses in bathrooms, and near the sinks in kitchens, wherever water is.
>>
>>61319744
They're the outlets with the test/reset buttons that cut off when they detect a short. They're required on all new construction / remodleing if the outlet is anywhere near a sink or other water source. I live in TX and my house that was built in the early 80's has them in both bathrooms and the kitchen. You also have to install them in older houses when you sell them (home inspectors will flag the issue).
>>
>>61319752
Yes, it's required in all state and local building codes here in TX.

The house this girl got electrocuted in was in New Mexico though.
>>
>>61319489
Disgusting redhead finally got the justice she deserved after stealing all those souls
>>
>>61319489

One possible cause is a chink charger that shorted mains to the ground lead. In that case she got Darwin'd.
>>
>>61319883
she's also a tuba player, if the shirt is any sort of clue.
>>
No, it's not possible, she's just dumb, RIP anyways.
>>
>>61319761
Not short circuit but rather when the current leaving the power supply is not the same (within 30mA) as the one returning to the power supply.
I'm honestly surprised that it isn't required everywhere now. Here in Germany it's been since 68.
>>
$100 it was an extension cord.
>>
$100 it was an iPhone
>>
>>61319744

the big hole in a 3 way hole plug is used for shutting it off if too many volts are passed through it (emergency stop kind of thing)
>>
>>61320110
>the big hole in a 3 way
ur mum
>>
>>61320110
>too many volts are passed through it

Nice example of an American who should stop talking about stuff he/she doesn't understand, like electricity.
>>
>>61319489
>plugged in her phone while in the bathtub
American education, everyone.
>>
>americans are dumb
more news at 11
>>
>>61320084
RCDs have been required on every single circuit in australia for 20+ years, not just on powerpoints located in bathtubs
>>
>>61319667
loli haters deserve only death
>>
>>61319489

>>Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbing the phone as it was being charged.

Was a toaster not an option here?
>>
>>61319489
>died sending pictures of your titties

What a way to go out
>>
>>61320206
>>died sending pictures of your titties
there's an app for that
>>
>>61320227

An app that kills you when snapping titty pics?
>>
>>61319489
based teenbro
>>
>>61320110
>too many volts
you what?
>>
>>61320294

Don't mind him. He's probably from the United States.
>>
>>61320258
No, an app that snaps a pic of your titties when you die
>>
>>61320258
Yeah. Maybe a snappy title for it based on her name. "Electric Coempany" or something.
>>
>>61320344
kek
>>
>>61319985
>He believes in "premium" chargers
>>
>>61320443
Not him but I have two usb chargers: chink one and LG one and I can assure you there is at least difference in output. I've connected usb-powered speakers to both of them and while on LG one everything is normal, on the chink one I can hear pretty clearly buzzing (hello not exactly stable direct current!)
>>
>>61319489
CHINKSHIT = 1
AMERIFUGG = 0
>>
>>61320678
Stupid Murican piggus :^)
>>
>>61320656
I have a Nexus 4 (made by LG) and I'm scared to use the included charger because it buzzes like a bee. Because of the quick charge shenanigans, chargers are now much more expensive to produce and the amount of true chink level chargers has diminished greatly. I was in China recently and It's practically impossible to find a charger under 20 RMB (About 3 dollars).
>>
>>61319489
when your skin is wet the resistance becomes far lower (sometime up to 100 times lower). Furthermore as the body is fully submerged the decrease in resistance is possibly even greater. So as current is directly proportional to voltage/resistance the current delivered to the body is gonna be around 100 times greater than if you touched the wire with dry hands. Would this kill you? fuck knows since i don't know what the resistance of skin is anyway and can't be bothered to look it up but surely some smart boiis in the thread will do the rest of the maths or me. Either way electricity near water is never ideal.
>>
>>61319489
All you need is enough voltage to surpass the resistance of skin.

It takes very little (~100mA) current across the chest to have your heart stop. Salt increases the conductivity of water. Combined with the fact that chink chargers don't have voltage regulators, so its possible.
>>
FALSE FLAG
government is going to use this to push more regulations
>>
>>61320830
okay so assuming a somewhat conservative 0.1 amps to be lethal we can determine roughly how much current she received and if it was over the deadly threshold.

Lets take OPs figures of 5v and 2A and a quick google will show that the skins resistance in roughly 100,000 ohms with the resistance of internal tissue being negligible (under 1% of skin resistance). Now as stated the resistance of skin when wet can be 100 times less so lets assume she was having a good long bath and her skin was all pruned up and thoroughly wet meaning her skins resistance was only about 1000ohms.

Using ohms law I=V/R the calculation is:

I = 5/1000= 0.005A
0.005<<<<0.1

this is significantly below the fatal threshold however could still deliver a noticeable shock. either way a properly functioning charger should not have killed her.
>>
>>61319489
Darwinism at work really
>>
>>61319489
>Is it even possible for you to be electrocuted from the 5V 1-2A output that a phone charger puts out?

Easily. There might be be something in charger what short circuits to wall potential when it breaks. Chregrs are not solenoid-based anymore, they are semiconductor-based.
>>
Fucking hell, I don't even have my phone in the bathroom when I'm taking a shower/bath because of that shit. She was actually handling an electronic device that's not waterproof that's fucking plugged in? Fuck.
>>
>>61319801
Fuugg I guess my house was built in the 70s mine don't have them. No wonder shits always fucking up near those sink outlets
>>
Natural selection, fucking retard
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 550x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 550x440px
>ameritards
>>
>>61321066
Obviously not plugged.
>>
The sad thing is that the reporting is so bad we cannot even fathom what the events were.
>>
>>61321066
Those are German-style plugs, bro.

It's probably not plugged in and just a setup. But still.
>>
File: _medium_DSCN7830.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
_medium_DSCN7830.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>61321066
that's actually in germany, also a joke.
>>
File: pic_emotion_sad.jpg (36KB, 362x275px) Image search: [Google]
pic_emotion_sad.jpg
36KB, 362x275px
I don't get it, the charger couldn't have killed her. It's just too dam little electricity. But if the charger didn't kill her then what did?

Even if she would have touched the AC prongs the fuse should have detected the short circuit and shut off the 120 to the plug.
>>
>>61319489
Darwin is still alive and well all these years.
>>
>>61321119
>German """"humour""""
>>
Hold up
Is this even possible?
Damn, if It's fast and painless I will do it myself
>>
>>61321286
>electrocution
>fast and painless
>>
>>61321286
Don't. Once you die, that's it. You don't get any fairy tale magic voodo shit where you go talk to your relatives again. Once you die that's it.

I was in a car crash a few months ago and still remember how fucking cold it got when they put me to sleep. I closed my eyes for 1 second and then woke up 10 hours later in a full body cast crying because I thought that I had died. Nurses had to come in and sedate me because of how high my heart rate was going up.
>>
They didn't mention the type of phone so clearly it was an iPhone. The media can never say anything bad about such a shit company
>>
>>61320194
14 isn't loli anymore and good riddance for another dead 3DPD.
>>
>>61321345
>Once you die that's it.
Prove it.
>>
sounds like a shitty cover-up of murder by parents
>>
>>61321345
yeah yeah gb2leddit cucko
>>
>>61321345
This is a Christian image board please take your heathen thoughts and edgy trends back to where you came.
>>
File: 156303675.jpg (29KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
156303675.jpg
29KB, 612x408px
Dubious story.
American taking bath...
>>
>>61321375
I lost my fucking conscience when they put me to sleep. For what seemed like 1 second I couldn't feel pain, emotions, or even acknowledge I existed. When you die this becomes permanent. You just come to a grinding halt and all the lights are turned off and permanently destroyed.

I'm pretty sure you fucking disappear when you die else we would have scientific proof of ghosts. Because if I were to die the first priority would be to come back to the real world and let me family know I was still alive in another existence.
>>
>>61321145
Fuse only go off after it detects too much current, which could be too late in a fucking bathtub. Fuses are more for not starting fires.
>>
>tfw can't fuck her fresh wet corpse
>>
>>61321456
You weren't dead.

>scientific proof of ghosts
The fuck? There's a billion other scenarios that can take place after death. You think too simple.
>>
>>61321456
>I lost my fucking conscience when they put me to sleep.
>For what seemed like 1 second
How can it seem like anything if you don't have "conscience"?
>>
>>61321491
>Being a necrophiliac
>>
Lol white ppl are retards
>>
>it was android
top kek
>>
>>61321393
>>61321422
>>61321492
Look I used to go to church every sunday, do all my prayers every night, and read the bible whenever I had free time. But certain catastrophic events before the car crash woke me up so hard I wish I could go back to my peaceful ignorant life of make believe.

I'm just telling you all the truth here: you don't go anywhere when you die, you just vanish. Absolutely nothing points to us going to an afterlife. We're all inside a few pounds of brain matter held inside a skull being fed with oxygenated blood with sugar and stuff.

The same rules apply to all living life be it a squirrel that you ran over yesterday or grandma going code blue a few months or years from now.

>>61321495
It's hard to explain but I "wasn't there" for that one second.
>>
>>61321653
>It's hard to explain but I "wasn't there" for that one second.
You "weren't there" for 10 fucking hours. Either you experienced those or you didn't, you can't experience not experiencing only 1 second of 10 hours, that's retarded.
>>
>>61319810

There is a difference between what is on the books and what is enforced in practice

I've heard that texas is pretty lenient and looks the other way a lot
>>
>>61320443
>he doesn't know shit about producing a quality DC power supply

http://www.righto.com/2012/10/a-dozen-usb-chargers-in-lab-apple-is.html?m=1

I have two of the HP Touchpad chargers, they are really nice.
>>
>>61321143
>german 'humor'

Is this why so many of them moved to brazil?
>>
>>61321676
I guess. Though one additional thing I can say is it wasn't like blacking out after a night of getting hammered. I was able to somehow detect that for what seemed like 1 second I completely fuckened disappeared. It got extremely cold very fast when they put me to sleep for the surgery too.

I couldn't stop crying and screaming when I woke up and I used to be in school fights and walk in the woods alone at night. It was absolutely the biggest rush of fear and feeling of impending doom I felt in all my life.
>>
>>61319657
A lot of texans don't know how to read and follow building codes
>>
>>61319744
Theyre called Australian power plugs.
>>
>>61320097
>>61320107

Story states she died while she was in the bathtub. And I don't think they make charging cables that long. So, she probably used an extension cord like an idiot. She most likely developed the habit of using her phone during baths because it was water proof. Lets face it, she only lived this long due to her battery being fully charged. Not very bright if you ask me.

I better not be hearing a lawsuit about water proof phones. Advancements in technology shouldn't suffer over some idiot.
>>
I'm glad whenever stupid people kill themselves and prevent their genes from spreading to the next generation.

Hopefully her parents kill her siblings before killing themselves too.
>>
>>61320971
>dat math
Modeling charge flow through a body is a really complex issue. Bodies aren't linear loads. They are not chunks of homogenous materials either.

100mA is pretty high. To get an idea the UL states the GFCIs trigger at 4-6mA of leakage current. As little as 10uA through the heart can cause the rhythm to get out of whack and that's the quantity that really counts.

Multiple things had to have gone wrong any way you cut it. The most likely scenario I can come up with is a failure of the isolation between primary and secondary in the power supply. This could cause voltages around the levels of the outlet to appear on the charger side. It would also almost certainly require a malfunctioning or nonexistent GFCI otherwise she got really unlucky and 5mA killed her. Failure of winding isolation is a really rare event as is failure of a GFCI.

Otherwise I suppose the designed charger output killed her. Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0 allows up to 20V to be on the USB line with 12V being the most common. 12V can kill but even in water we're talking struck by lightning on the same day you won the lottery here.

A malfunctioning voltage regulator could provide more voltage than was designed but it would have cooked her phone. So we're talking about a malfunction that occurred around the time of her death which makes it really unlikely.

I really want to see the death investigation report on this. It's bizarre as fuck.
>>
>>61319489
>This thread again
5V in a tub can't hurt you
>Yeah, but what abo-
CAN'T HURT YOU. We did the math. The voltage is just too low by over an order of magnitude.
>But muh chinkshit!
If it's enough voltage to kill you, then it would kill a phone too. Even the chinkiest of chinktech chargers are still +/-20% from 5V.

>So what really happened then?
She killed herself or was murdered and the family is on damage control.
>>
>>61319489
no it's not.
>foxnews
kek
>>
>>61322014
that's not how genes work
>>
>>61321456
https://www.cnet.com/news/scientist-quantum-physics-can-prove-theres-an-afterlife/
>>
>>61322057
>Primary/secondary failure
If this happened, I can guarantee the breaker would trip or the charger would just torch itself. The secondary side isn't designed to carry 120V, so there'd instantly be catastrophic failure as previously non-conductive areas became conductive and pcb traces designed to carry a couple amps start carrying a dozen of them.

>20V
Still not enough though. Everyone keeps modeling this like each lead is in a jar of brine and you stick a hand in each one, perfectly putting the source across your heart. This isn't the case though. The water is far more conductive than the skin, and the +/- are a couple of millimeters away from each other on the charging cable. Most of the voltage would be dropped through the water right between the connector pads. Perhaps millivolts would be hitting any skin, and that's being generous.
>>
>>61322297
That's a scientologist you dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1471742813656.jpg (69KB, 480x441px) Image search: [Google]
1471742813656.jpg
69KB, 480x441px
>>61322104
>If it's enough voltage to kill you, then it would kill a phone too.

1. Regulation required dielectric fails
2. USB ground on secondary side is now riding 120V RMS and the ride never ends
3. DC+ pin is now 120V RMS + 5-20VDC depending on QC support and negotiated voltage
4. Phone sees 5-20V potential and charges just fine
5. Loli touches and sees 120V*sqrt(2)+5-20V >= 174.7V between her and any real ground
6. ????
7. Loli is pizza

>We did the math.
>Modeling a bunch of different different nonlinear materials in a complex geometric configuration as a single linear resistance

How does it feel to be this brainlet? Do you sometimes forget to breathe?
>>
>>61322148
>that's not how genes work
did you not pass high school biology?

her siblings probably her genetic stupidity, because they came from the same stupid parents.

parents need to kill all their children, then themselves, to make sure their stupid genes cannot spread.
>>
>>61322297
>robert lanza
>no actual proof of anything at all
>cnet
0/10
>>
>>61322376
So 99% of life on earth should be wiped from existence because you deem them stupid?

How about you start with yourself, faggot?
>>
>>61322360
>Dielectric fails
Please draw out exactly how a failure raises both Vcc and Gnd to the same ac potential without bonding them and without additional components.
>Oh wait I guess they'd be at the same potential.
Good, now tell me how the phone still charges.
>>
>>61321066
Its grounded, nothing wrong.
>>
File: zap.png (39KB, 1424x686px) Image search: [Google]
zap.png
39KB, 1424x686px
>>61322320
>I can guarantee

No you can't. This is why dielectric isolation is important. The secondary isn't carrying anything. The "ground" on the secondary side is floating. Instead of floating around 0 through static being sucked off through leakage currents it's floating on whatever the short is connected to.

>Everyone keeps modeling
I'm not modeling it at all. I don't have any specifics on what happened. Combine real horrible bad luck with 20V and you can end up dead though. That's why I'm leaning towards isolation failure.

Pic related. Sorry it's the simplest isolated smps I had on hand.
>>
>>61322376
Edgy as fuck my underage friend
>>
>>61321653
You were super fucked up on drugs bro.
>>
>>61319489

It's possible. All she had to do was establish a connection from point A to point B. Point A being the wall outlet. Point B being the highly conductive water filled bathtub. It's the old toaster in the bathtub all over again but with a smart phone.
>>
>>61322783
The charger no longer works to charge the phone in your pic related, and you'd get some nice tingles when touching the connector sheath while fully clothed and standing on a dry floor. It just isn't plausible that this would happen and not be immediately noticed.

>I'm not modeling at all
Yeah you are. You're modeling a very unrealistic failure mode. And giving generous benefit of doubt assuming you know this was an electrical failure, when what likely really happened is she was murdered or killed herself.
>>
>>61323106
Your phone can't tell the difference between 100V and 105V being on the line vs 0V and 5V so I'm afraid it does work.
>>
>>61322836
No no, I've done my share of hard drugs but this was very different. Anyway I have a more positive outlook on life now, I want to make use of and enjoy every second I'm alive. I know the end waits for us all but I don't want to rush it.

It's sad to see people consider suicide as a way out. Even in pain and suffering people should strive to stay alive and live another day. I feel so guilty for having considered suicide as a teen when my cousin died of cancer. She was my best friend in the whole world but me killing myself wasn't gonna bring her back. She was gone and my selfish parents brain washed me into fairy tales to believe that she's not gone. I couldn't move on for so long because of that. Though I sometimes feel resenting my parents for that is wrong, their parents must have been the same.

Sorry for this long rambling, I just get so hurt and emotional when I remember my dead cousin. I think I fell in love with her and I never got to tell her how I felt.
>>
>>61323317
You weren't ever dead tho. Many people have the exact opposite reaction, getting religious. It's super sad to see someone loose faith. For all we know, it is absolutely nothing, until the day of judgement. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. I'm sorry your parents misled your understanding of things, no one is perfect.
>>
>>61321514
>being a pedophilic necrophiliac
what in darwin
>>
>>61323317
Suicide is an extremely effective way to end suffering and pain.
>>
>>61321653
>The same rules apply to all living life be it a squirrel

So if I get run over I will be forced to haunt the house of the owner for eternity? Because that's what happens to me. I try to sleep at night and 40 or so ghost squirrels come and fuck with me. They act like it's my fault they ran out in front of me and stopped. I've been leaving nutts out to bribe them to go away but ghost stomachs can't hold food.
>>
>>61323557
Lmao I remember being just like you, it's so cute how ignorant and oblivious your are to real life like a child.

>"Don't worry honey, god loves us all. He will always protect us."
*uncle gets mugged and shot to death a day before a funeral*
*distant relative in his 20s with kids gets into a construction accident that renders him a quadriplegic*
*another distant relative gets his legs blown off by an IED in iraq and then dies in the hospital from sepsis*
>>
File: 1495999951162.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1495999951162.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>>61319489
Natural selection in action.
>>
>>61323657
True but people should still fight to the last breath to stay alive, there is always a chance no matter how slim the suffering and pain will ease or stop completely.

>>61323665
kek
>>
I have been getting harassed by some crazy chick by no caller i.d. and two numbers 9492730254 & 9496286775 what should I do? Please help
>>
>>61323677
That's funny, I'm a faggot that was at one point atheistic. It's not God's job to make your life happy and carefree, but he will always provide.
>>
File: 1484442125617.jpg (237KB, 1522x621px) Image search: [Google]
1484442125617.jpg
237KB, 1522x621px
>>61321066
>>61321143
>>
>>61323677
>be american
>>
>>61323728
Penis in vagina.
>>
>>61323728
Tell her there is no god and explain it in detail with all the paradoxes a god would create like the omnipotence paradox.
>>
>>61323739
>be non-american
>>
>>61323677
>Stephen "refugees are A-ok with me" Hawking
>>
>>61323739
>>
>>61319774
I have none of these in both my old house and the house I'm currently living in.
>>
This thread had me paranoid trying to mow the lawn during a thunderstorm
>>
>>61323840
Don't be, she didn't die from the phone charger, it's just a clickbait article. She must have done something incredibly stupid that fed a direct 120v terminal into the water she was in.
>>
>>61321653
Your experiences do not equal my experiences. Your NDE doesn't negate other people's NDEs that HAVE had profound experiences.

Maybe you weren't shown anything because you're a dickhead.
>>
>>61324368
>t. druggie
>>
5V? Come on. 12V luminaries are used in dry niche pool ilumination for safety reasons. How can someone be fatally electrocuted by 5V?

>>61319810
Electric codes don't apply retroactively. If you have an old house you're not required to retrofit new equipment just to comply with safety codes. Only if you order new installations on the house will it get upgraded.

>>61320443
I remember reading one article by an electrical engineer that specialized on power supplies. He took apart several power supplies and compared them, concluding that Apple power supplies were far better constructed and safer for both people and the phones than the asian power supplies. It's a few years old now so it might not reflect current equipment but to just assume there's no difference is flat out dangerous.
>>
>>61321145
Nope. Fuses are actually about protecting the equipment itself from surges. They do jackshit about ground faults or arcs, the actual safety hazards that can kill people and start fires. There are special circuit interrupters that solve those problems.
>>
>>61319489
Sounds kind of difficult. 5V is "enough" if a low resistance path through the heart can be established or something since only a few mA are required to actually kill you. Normally it's completely harmless since the resistance through dry human skin is way too high for 5V to do anything, but if wet the contact would be much better. 5V still seems too low to actually cause any damage I'd think, even with wet hands.

I don't know how chink shit 5V chargers are designed. Do they contain a potential direct current path from mains to their output? Something like mains > diode rectifier > cap for smoothing > buck converter? If that's something which might be encountered, I guess it could be legit dangerous, though IIRC phone chargers should still have a transformer, so there wouldn't be a direct path from mains to their output even if something breaks.
>>
>>61323840
>mow the lawn during a thunderstorm
don't do that you fricken moron
>>
>>61321066

>mfw ppl reply to this decade old bait
>>
>>61324417
?
>>
>>61319489
probably chinese garbage charger that ends up being a connection to mains in some circumstances, i've seen it before
>>
>>61319489
She was probably recording a selfie masertbation video for Tyrone but accidentally dropped the phone in the tub.
>>
>>61320129
Criminally underrated
>>
>4chan is religious now
Sasuga /pol/
>>
>>61321702
>silky smooth power
Right, and you'd better buy platinum cables to reduce interference. All phones have built in circuity to protect it from bad currents or voltages, the "smoothness" of the power is literally irrelevant. And considering phone chargers only draw a few watts, power consumption is quite irrelevant.
>>
>>61324646
See
>>61326828
>>
>>61319801
>implying city housing code is ever enforced well
>>
>>61326828
Lack of significant ripple is a direct indicator of how much the engineer who built the supply actually thought about what they were doing.

I work in RF, and in my field you want your DC to actually be DC. Otherwise, you end up with crap like USB 3 ports drowning out your wireless card.

That protection circuitry also probably isn't going to do much when the isolation in a chink charger is so bad it connects your phone to mains.

>Power consumption is quite irrelevant
Yeah just a few watts times a half a billion devices
>>
>>61327109
>Yeah just a few watts times a half a billion devices
If their power draw was bigger, they would draw even more power. This means nothing.
>>
sounds like natural selection to me
>>
>>61323735
Good thing happens.
>oh praise Jesus god is good
Bad thing happens
>Oh it was all god's plan

Christianity is a religion made for cucks.
>>
>>61320344
underrated
>>
The main issue from this is Americans still don't have circuit protection on every circuit in the house.

Electrocution should not still be a thing in any developed country.

RCDs detect an unbalance before you even realise you've been hit.
>>
What if she pulled the charger out of the wall partially so that the prongs were exposed? I've shocked myself plenty trying to plug things in while not looking and using my fingers to find the holes and align the plug.

Generally I'm of the opinion she was murdered, however.
>>
File: HitMeBabyOneMoreTime.jpg (44KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
HitMeBabyOneMoreTime.jpg
44KB, 500x473px
>>61321422
Fuck you christcuck!
>>
>>61329780
wait wait, what if she accidentally pulled the charger out of the wall while retrieving her phone, then was electrocuted while trying to plug it back in? Perhaps she accidentally touched the prongs while they were exposed at some point.
>>
File: FinalRestingPlaceForAll.jpg (475KB, 1071x1068px) Image search: [Google]
FinalRestingPlaceForAll.jpg
475KB, 1071x1068px
>>61321653
How was the final resting place? Pretty comfy? I thought so when I visited briefly.

I'd been put under too for surgery to remove a bad parathyroid gland. Took over 6 hours. Events with perceived time went as such: count back from 100 (reaching only 97), wake up "a few seconds later" in ICU demanding albuterol (probably because anesthesia partially depressed breathing).
>>
>>61323557
>Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
Translation: Don't think goy, listen to your kosher-approved Priest.
I quit being a christfag shortly into adulthood when I realized that a true creator would be jumping with joy that his created automatons could "think independently," but instead the one described in that shit-tard book gets all crossed (literally).
>>
>>61323665
Oh the same thig happens to me, too. Except the squirrels are under my skin and they like to run into the pipes that go throughbmy back into the foundry. When they come im always exciyed because they are very intellectually stimulating you know like little people. In fact down in there there's a little library where i go have tea with them for a bit. The tea is made by the foundry and flows back through my pipes into my house and back into the base of my neck and under my skin. I've been cut before it's tea spills out and I believe it makes my skin sweet which is what attracts the people to come visit
>>
File: Impressive.png (186KB, 457x303px) Image search: [Google]
Impressive.png
186KB, 457x303px
>>61323735
>I'm a faggot
You are a mentally unstable nut. You were a nut before finding your stick-kike, and you were enough of a nut to actually accept it as fact!
Take your Rhisperidone, Michael!
>>
>>61319774
Never seen this outside of a hotel
>>
>>61321924

This is the only thing that makes sense, My sister sat in the tub with her phone, and plugged into an outlet and never died, She did get a minor shock once, and it was because the cord on her charger was fucked up.... she said it was a small tingle.

So the only thing that makes sense is she had a damn extension cord and the end of it fell into the tub, because even in water a phone charger or battery doesn't have enough current or power to kill anyone.. unless you'll get a seriously weak heart.

Nothing adds up. Either extension cord, or a charger malfunction causing higher than normal voltage.... Unless it was a quick charger putting out more than the normal 5v or whatever a cell phone charger uses.
>>
>>61329908
In fact /g/ ill make a thread in a minute. Multithreading yes
But yes the people do program, they taught me to program in C, we learned it, I made a program a software that's the sea. Most incredible thing i enter the software and it takes me to the ocean, i coded it myself. Ill make a thread and uploade it to show you guys. I figured it out (very difficult) but of course the figures were given to me to use by friends. A little help is always fine. By hell,

And there it the computer is dangerous guys. It spews the hell into room often, i must go through it though to access my pgorgram. Of course once in it is a very simple matter to just run Away. never have the programs run too longm or else i might not have caught them before the demons did. It is tough being sea codee havig to fight demons and all evrry day. But the syrup foundry helps.
>>
>>61329908
>>61329974
lay off the fucking crack
>>
>>61319489

It doesn't matter the voltage and amps. Just the current. In theory static electricity could kill you if the current is right.
>>
File: 01257414.png (111KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
01257414.png
111KB, 243x200px
>>61329997
>amps don't matter, just the current
WTF do you think amps are?!
>>
>>61319489
>Relatives told KCBD that the accident was caused either when she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub or grabbing the phone as it was being charged.

this is all you needed to read right here. her relatives don't know shit about what happened. do you think they were in there with her watching? they probably just jumped to that conclusion because they found her dead in a bathtub with her plugged in phone.

maybe she was holding it while taking a bath hand had an a brain aneurysm or something.
>>
good thread dudes
>>
>>61330117
sorry, typing from my dogs shitty phone
>>
File: dog-612878_960_720.jpg (105KB, 960x635px) Image search: [Google]
dog-612878_960_720.jpg
105KB, 960x635px
>>61330149
>typing from my dogs shitty phone
>>
>>61319729
>14 years old
>American
Well everything seems normal
>>
>>61320948
Still seems fishy to me. Electricity follows the path of least resistance. How on earth could the path of least resistence be through her body rather than around it in this case?
>>
>>61330167
yeah man I don't really buy him very nice stuff, and he can't really hold down a job but we're making ends meet
>>
>>61329715
>Americans starting to realize how cucked and uncivilized they are compared to most western nations

It truly is magnificent to watch you retards finally waking up from your brainwashing.
>>
Did they shop at a Lidl?
>>
I can't help wondering if this is """news""" meant to stir up support for a trade war against China.

>>61319489
>she plugged in her phone while in the bathtub
Into the wall? Yep, open and shut case if true.
>grabbing the phone as it was being charged
If the charger either did not properly isolate the mains from the load or the isolation was faulty, and she held the phone in her left hand while wet, and touched some part of her body to grounded plumbing, that's bad. It only takes about 1mA at the right frequency to induce fibrillation.

>>61324748
Budget chargers, especially size-conscious ones, often skimp on safety features like creepage distance because it's expensive to add cutouts to a pc board. If, for example, a drop of water were to form inside the charger casing and couple the line to the shield ground, that's bad.

>>61329953
>Never seen this outside of a hotel
>CDNP: Deliverance banjo duel

>>61330212
Innards are highly conductive. Think of all the salt water and iron floating around in there.
>>
>>61319489
>14
>taking a bath
Ugh. Grow up.
>>
>>61319657
>texas
>safety codes
lol
>>
>>61330504
Women never transition from baths to showers because the never grow up.
>>
>>61327109
this, /g/ is so fucking retarded to rationalize the cheap chinkshit they bought
>>
>>61327109
>I work in RF, and in my field you want your DC to actually be DC
Thus, radios are almost always powered by linear regulators and nicely filtered. A switching battery charger is going to make enough of its own ripple that it hardly matters.
>tfw all the kids keep trying to run their dev boards with micro USB chargers and keep getting weird failures
>>
>>61330530
my dad is a home builder in Texas. yea it's code to have GFCI within so many feet of water outlet
>>
>>61330530
There are building codes sure
But the spics building all the houses arent going to build to code
>>
>>61331649
Wow, random racism out of nowhere

Have you ever bought a fucking house? You get it inspected before you do anything. They'd point out it is not in code. Building a shit house is literally the most expensive pointless thing you could do.
>>
>>61331744
Oh hey Juan.
Are you an anchor baby and your dad does work undercutting actual qualified contractors?
>>
>>61322320
The secondary side isn't designed to carry 120VDC. You can get away with more AC, much more. It's part of the reason why we use AC in the first place.
>>
>>61322685
Live only needs to sneak through. Ground is all around you. Want to prove me wrong? Jam a knife in the live pin of a socket and report back.

Live can sneak onto the DC side without affecting the DC, without a path to ground it won't do anything (DC negative won't complete the circuit). But once it finds a path to gound it is going to carry that 120VAC.
>>
>>61329997
You do know that static electricity is thousands of volts don't you?
How do you think it manages to jump through air?
>>
>>61331744
Unless the inspector is also a spic.
>>
>>61332029
High voltage is not high current.
>>
>>61331744
the contractors don't care, you're paying for it anyway
>>
>>61332152
Inspections are only required by the bank that gives mortgages.
There is no laws about inspections.
In fact, its only bank policy.
You get a personal or other type of loan, or you pay in cash you dont need an inspection anyways.
>>
>>61332173
The impression I got was that he was assuming static electricity was low voltage, which is not the case.
>>
>>61330117 - The article clearly states the cause of death meaning the authorities have concluded that it was indeed electrocution. Plus if you take the time to look at other news reports and videos about this incident then you would know she has a burn mark from the phone on one of her hands. Furthermore an extension cable and charging cable were found at the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRI5EPeVLrI

>Police in Lovington, New Mexico, said the victim appears to have been electrocuted and they found a cellphone, charger cord and extension cord in the bathroom.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/94672861/US-teenage-girl-dies-from-using-cellphone-in-bathtub

>>61319489
>>61329967
>>61322995

It looks like she ain't the only idget.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39307418
>>
>>61319489
>using cellphone while taking a bath
Why though?
>>
>>61332777
If your phone is water resistant, why not?

>>61332775
>Furthermore an extension cable and charging cable were found at the scene.
So I guess there wasn't a plug in the bathroom and she used an extension to a plug that wasn't GFCI, then the question is how she electrocuted herself, was it a faulty charger or water getting into the end of the extension?
>>
>>61319685
this desu
>>
>>61330504
My mother only takes baths. Has showered in decades (according to her)
>>
This is my fetish
>>
>>61332952

No there was definitely a wall outlet in the bathroom. I never seen one near a bathtub before. Is that even a thing? It could have been either. Most likely it was the charging cable that caught her of guard. And if it was an Iphone. Probably the latest model with thunderbolt capabilities for charging. Yup, that certainly would have done the job. But don't quote me on that. Personally I would never trust a device near me when submerged in water.
>>
>>61333281
No, even if it is Thunderbolt it is pretty unlikely to be able to electrocute someone. The amperage certainly is there but the voltage isn't. With 20V you would need to be applying it almost directly to the heart, probably.

The only thing that really makes sense is somehow getting a connection to the mains, because that'll get you a lot of amperage, probably up to 20A on the breaker, at 110V.

And it could be as simple as a poorly wound transformer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0
>>
>>61333321

You're assuming she would be receiving 20V in a bathtub full of highly conductive water which the cable has made contact with but in reality she is taking more then 20V when the charging cable is connected to the extension cable leading to the sinks wall outlet. The water acts like giant defibrillator stopping her heart and frying some of her internal organs like her brain.
>>
>>61333504
If it is the charge cable that enters the water and the charger is properly constructed then the maximum voltage she will receive is the voltage on the output of the charger.

If anything referenced to mains enters the water, including the charging cable plugged into a poorly constructed charger, then you will receive mains voltage.
>>
>>61333595

In normal dry conditions. Yes she would receive 20V if she accidentally touched a cut on the cable for example. But if the cable touches the water in the tub theres nothing stopping it from making contact between the Iphones charging port and the charging cable or charging cable and extension cord. Either entry point for the water would have sufficed causing the water to draw more voltage from the wall outlet. What the charging cable drew wouldn't have mattered under these circumstances.
>>
>>61333785
Look. Let me put this simply for you.

On the USB port side of a charger that is properly constructed, which no reference to mains you can not, CAN NOT, get above the DC output voltage of the charger.
If you want to attempt it, try. Get a USB cable, cut the end off and strip, put a multimeter across it and see what you get. Even stick it in AC mode and put the positive in the USB port and the negative in a neutral pin in a socket.

Properly constructed chargers have AC isolated from DC. The only components that bridge the gap either will not pass current across or are insulated, like the transformer and the optoisolator.

If you fucking short your positive and negative together on the USB cable you will not get more than the charger normally outputs because it only makes 5V or 9V or 20V. It will not output a higher voltage than normal if there is less resistance.

There needs to be a reference to mains somewhere.
Maybe water on her hands went into the mains extension as she fiddled with her charger.
Maybe the charger was shit and referenced mains across to the DC side.
>>
>>61319489
I don't think so. I've been electrocuted loads of times just stepping in puddles in my garage. Her parents probably killed her for being on her phone all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXSPf9b-xI
>>
>>61319883
I'll give her my soul and then some, redheads are to be worshipped
>>
>>61321805
>Texans are very stupid
>Also extremely conservative
Every time
>>
Good riddance.
>>
>>61319744
similar to euro schuko plugs.
>>
>>61320830
False, wet skin still has a resistance of about 10k ohms
Not only that, unless you have wires on both sides of the bath, electricity will not conduct through it
>>
I was in a hotel once trying to plug my phone into an outlet. The outlet was behind a couch so I was trying to stick my hand back there and cram the charger in. I kinda got the plug in a bit, but started to feel a tingling go through my entire arm, but no pain. What happened?
>>
>>61319489
yankee bathrooms do not have grounded sockets
>>
maybe the small shock cucked her heart
>>
Any word on which phone it was yet? I find it suspicious they didn't mention it at all
Same with the exploding headphones some months ago, they really kept they were Beats headphones under the blankets for a long while
>>
>>61336328
You got zapped. American outlets are designed to kill idiots like you, but unfortunately your skin resistance was too high to make the shock fatal. Next time wet your hands before plugging something in by grabbing the prongs and guiding them in by touch.
>>
>>61336655
someone paid a lot of money not to disclose that information, this is an "ongoing" investigation so no new details are being announced. move along citizen
>>
>>61331991
I've accidentally touched 120Vac plenty of times. Old homes sometimes have insane wiring (metal switch with the grounding screw tied to hot? Oh yeah.) and I've done many renovations. When you're dry, clothed, and standing on solid ground, touching 120V gives you a little tingle at most, sometimes you don't feel anything at all because you're insulated enough. As long as you're dry, and you don't flat out grab hot with one hand and neutral with the other, you're generally alright.
The problem with this girl, is she was wet, and a bath is usually anchored to ground via the piping.

>>61332952
This is why the NEC specifies you must have outlets in bathrooms, and they must be gfci protected. Houses built in the 80s or earlier probably don't conform to current code though.
>>
Bet it was an off brand changer with zero protection. These shitty chink chargers used to be only on the internet but now they are in gas stations and supermarkets all over. I'm talking the ones with fake UL listing and the crustiest of builds.

Always be careful what electronics you plug in /g/
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.