[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Help

The hinge that connected to the casing for my laptop and the laptop itself has broken. the plastic has literally broken in pieces. is there any way to fix this? I can't even close my laptop, and the warranty on it expired months ago.
>>
It's portability days are over. Buy an external monitor (~$10 at surplus outlets) and plug it into the video out. Bam you now have a perfectly good desktop.
>>
Your best just to rip the whole screen off and to buy a external monitor like anon said.
Unless you don't mind not being able to close it.
>>
>>61316222
Well, I need a laptop or desktop if i want to pass through college, so that seems like my only option, unless I rip the screen off this one, sell the computer alone, and get a new laptop or desktop (preferably desktop) for college, gaming, drafting, design, etc
>>
>>61316189
dont buy an $10 monitor. those are absolutely crap
>>
If you can't glue it back together, snip off the loose plastic and just have an abomination laptop.
>>
File: mounted-1.jpg (238KB, 1364x908px) Image search: [Google]
mounted-1.jpg
238KB, 1364x908px
>>61316174
Absolutely there is. You will need some small bolts and nuts, available online. You will drill clear through the back panel of the lid to re-anchor the hinge.
>>
>>61316174
>>61316250
>>61316390
If you feel like spending more money for a cleaner look, you can just buy a replacement lid off ebay. What broke free are the plastic sleeves into which bronze nuts are fitted. A new lid will already have the nuts attached.
>>
File: 20170711_033235.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_033235.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>61316438
That's the thing though, not only did the plastic break, but the hinge did as well
>>
>>61316492
The hinge isn't broken. Remove the left three hinge screws from the bronze nuts and you will have a clean hinge.
>>
File: FG4KZ39IJSUYBPQ.MEDIUM.jpg (20KB, 620x409px) Image search: [Google]
FG4KZ39IJSUYBPQ.MEDIUM.jpg
20KB, 620x409px
>>61316492
>>
>>61316174
Some glue.
I'd recommend the super kind.
>>
>>61316508
I see. The metal sheet overlaying the hinge is what makes it look like a mess.
I'll see what i can do. Worst case scenario i sell what remains and buy a new one on sale
>>
>>61316635
This repair is super super easy, I promise you. Grab a box of 2 to 3mm bolts, nuts, and washers from your local home depot and you'll be done in ten minutes.
>>
>>61316174
>obtain thinkpad
>install gentoo
Problem solved
>>
The plastic proably broke because the hinge is seized, so you need new hinges and top lid. Post the laptop model of you want help finding parts.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.