[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is OLED a dead meme already? I loved mine but that shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: file.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Is OLED a dead meme already?
I loved mine but that shit literally burned
>>
>>61312022
Don't use it for desktop PCs.
>>
>>61312022
I'm looking at this picture, and I can't tell what it offers over my current IPS monitor.
>>
>>61312080
You are not supposed to look at a picture in your IPS monitor
>>
I meam, I bought the reccomended "godlike" panel dell ultrasharp when my OLED screen died and looks like fucking shit, I'm used to it already but I wanted to just hit it with a hammer the first weeks
>>
>>61312213
You are not supposed to reply to retarded bait
>>
>OLED

Enjoy your burn in lmao
>>
OLED is dead at arrival technology and old as fuck, even fucki g psvita have them
>>
>>61312598
I love my ps vita but it has black mud puddles all over the screen :(
>>
quantum dots are better
>>
File: 430.jpg (29KB, 680x472px) Image search: [Google]
430.jpg
29KB, 680x472px
>>61314550
what about OLED with quantum dots
>>
OLED is only slightly less DOA than SED, in the sense that OLED made it to market but is still riddled with lifespan problems.
>>
>>61312067
why not?

>>61312356
rip I got serious burn in on my s6 edge
luckily most of the time it's not visible
>>
>>61312022
I'm still waiting for an affordable OLED TV. Do they die quickly? If so, I may just stay with LED.
>>
144hz OLED
>>
>>61316181
1 - 1 - 1 - 1 .. Nice roll matey.
>>
File: 2ba.png (88KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
2ba.png
88KB, 460x360px
>>61315893
>SED never
>FED never
>>
>>61316136
TV should do better than monitor.
Because video picture is always changing.
>>
>mfw going back to IPS after using an OLED phone for a year
>>
>>61312598
My first DAP had an OLED screen and is closer in age to the PSP than the Vita
>>
>>61317429
currently on an OLED phone and i love the contrast, but the only thing i don't like is the PWM flicker.
>>
>>61317495
I never noticed any flicker on mine. What I loved the most was the brightness and colors, it's so vibrant and having it turned all the way down is equivalent to ~40-50% brightness on my new phone
>>
>>61317548
it's true that a lot of people seem to just not notice the flicker, i envy them. one of my desktop monitors is flicker free but the other one definitely flickers.

the oversaturation of colour is another thing that is a typical feature of AMOLED screens. because AMOLED can reproduce a much wider gamut, manufacturers tend to deliberately oversaturate the colours produced to wow the consumer, which of course results in inacurate colour reproduction. there is often a "photo/professional" display software mode which aims for accurate colours.
>>
>>61317708
Even with the saturation cranked to max on this IPS display it doesn't even come close to holding a candle to my OLED's factory settings
>>
File: 1496110555307.gif (1017KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1496110555307.gif
1017KB, 500x293px
what the fuck are you guys talking about

i remember plasma burning when lcd was shithouse

now lcd is pretty gud your oled is basically another plasma

OH HOW I LAUGH
>>
>>61317761
I'll take burn-in over a shittier screen any day. If they still made plasma TVs I'd have one on my wall right now.
>>
>>61312022
I understood that the first decent oled tvs are only just now rolling to the market. So you can soon buy one without the early adapter syndrome/issues.
>>
Hahah holy shiet, I've been telling these retards on /g/ how OLED is a marketing meme, and they were all like "duude, oled is da best".

Now they're starting to feel the burn, literally, because everything made with "organic" in it can only have the fate of everything organic, you know, degrade, die.
>>
Got an LG OLED55B6 here and love it. I am careful about image retention and seldom game on it. They are hard to burn although it does happen (check the various AV forums). Avoid news channels with moving text banners since most OLED TV's try to process static images to avoid burn in. Also make sure yo leave the TV plugged in and in standby mode overnight so it can run a cleaning cycle.

Just be aware of static logos etc when viewing and you should be good to go.
>>
>>61317802
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?id=1465304750&subaction=showfull
>>
>>61317802
>he's so poor he'll settle for less to upgrade his monitor(s) less often
>>
>>61317802
i'm not a poorfag and can replace my TV more than once a decade, easily worth the orders of magnitude better picture quality
>>
>>61317803
>Just be aware of static logos

>Bring hot date back
>First woman since 2012
>Ply with wit and charm
>"Anon! Lets Netflix and chill!"
>Yassss, it's going to happen
>She jumps the sofa back landing crosslegged and reaches for the remote
>I bring the red wine and popcorn 1 minute 10 seconds later
>TV isn't on, she's sitting staring at the empty screen
>at the bottom right a little screen burn
>B L A C K E D
>>
BTW QLED is still LCD but with a fancy filter for color reproduction. It still has to use local dimming zones to achieve pure black so still suffers from halos. True QLED is still some way off so Samsung is just using a marketing gimmick. The new Panasonic LCD's (Not their OLED's which use LG panels anyhow) are supposedly using a new filter too that can give better contrast.

The best OLED out there right now is the Sony apparently but is costly and also uses LG panels.

There is only one OLED monitor for PC's right now (EIZO) and costs a small fortune. Burn in could be an issue obviously but only time will tell with that.

OLED is still the best display technology if you want pure pure blacks etc.
>>
>>61317429
Fucking this, after getting used to my phone my monitor looks choppy as fuck
>>
>>61317803
So, it's a bad monitor? Why should you be aware of things like this? Also LG is a terrible brand, most of their panels and phone screens cause burn ins
>>
>ITT retards cry about their chinkphones with 3 generations old panels being shit
>my Loewe TV has literally 0 burn in in 3 years
Pro-tip: stop being poor.
>>
>>61317778

bull fucking shit nigerino

literally using your browser day to day on a plasma would cause permanent damage in a week or two.... it was HORRENDOUS

it was a cause of major anxiety.... much like staring at a laser
>>
>>61319104
Are you lost or something?
Fucking back to ledit you subhuman trash
>>
>Using a OLED TV as a computer monitor

Should be OK for gaming just as long as they don't have permanent HUDS etc. I've played Gears of War on mine for hours and had no issues.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.