[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /g/, have you measured your total input to output delay on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1339814587290.gif (2MB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
1339814587290.gif
2MB, 300x345px
So /g/, have you measured your total input to output delay on your computer? My camera has a high framerate function (480 frames per second) and I decided to check how long it took in total for a mouse input to make an output on the monitor. I checked normal Windows 7 (moving a folder with the mouse around on a black background), and a few videogames.

It was more than I expected. After reviewing the footage and counting frames, the total delay between moving the mouse to seeing a change on the monitor was anywhere from 0.058 seconds to 0.139 seconds. At this point I'm wondering what is causing such delay, as the computer isn't exactly old and I tried it with older games.
>>
Do you have v-sync enabled? Is your monitor 60 Hz, and not 144+? Those could be important factors.
>>
>>61311692
60hz monitor, Vsync not enabled, computer is barbaric overkill for the games I tried. Monitor should have 6ms GTG, google seems to say input lag of 17ms, so total lag of 22ms.

That still leaves around 36ms of delay somewhere, in the best of case. Fallout 3 was around 130ms total delay, so like 108ms of delay not from the monitor.
>>
>>61311668
What mouse were you using?
Also try testing with Linux
>>
Try it with Linux
>>
>>61312604
G400s
>>61312604
>>61312615
>linux
Not a bad idea.
>>
>>61312649
Also try with a Mac if possible
I've heard that the Darwin kernel has extremely low I/O delay, though that might have just been a meme
>>
>>61311668
you need to get a fucking life anon. This is getting ridiculous.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.