[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw for every 400 dollar Freesync panel the G-Sync equivalent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

>mfw for every 400 dollar Freesync panel the G-Sync equivalent is 600 dollars
Fuck you Jensen
>>
>>61310584
>using proprietary Nvidia shit
>>
File: 1475862709317.png (102KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1475862709317.png
102KB, 785x757px
>tfw all >60Hz monitors are either TN or awful IPS panels with backlight bleed to hell and back
>>
>>61310622
There are bunch of 144hz IPS panels for pretty cheap, even at WQHD, that is... if you have AMD. If you have Nvidia you have to pay the chink tax.
>>
>Paying the goysync tax
Good goy. Don't forget AMD price/performance will be bad! Pay no attention to the pricetag on that monitor over there!
>>
Surely Nvidia would stand to make more money by embracing Freesync from all the Freesync owners switching to Nvidia than forcing the good goy tax right?

I know I would jump on the novidya train if that ever happened
>>
>>61310758
I would have enough money to buy another 1080 if I could get the monitor wanted with FreeSync
>>
>>61310584
>better technology is more expensive
>>
>>61310811
>G-Sync
>better
>>
File: why can't i hold all these memes.png (806KB, 1038x819px) Image search: [Google]
why can't i hold all these memes.png
806KB, 1038x819px
>>61310811
t.leather jacket man
>>
>>61310758
NVidia can only pull that trick once though. They'll milk the G-sync tax for several more years before graciously adopting the open standard to snipe a lot of AMD owners.
>>
>>61311683
Why would they switch to Freesync once to snipe a few AMD owners when they practically own the market? They can keep the goysync tax going for as long as they want.
>>
>>61310915
It is. Freesync suck <60 fps tho
>>
File: freesync-or-gsync.png (50KB, 990x742px) Image search: [Google]
freesync-or-gsync.png
50KB, 990x742px
>>
To be fair Gsync monitors come with ULMB, which strobes the monitor at 120Hz. Unfortunately it's incompatible with Gsync, otherwise it would be perfect. I think Freesync 2 is supposed to have a similar feature but I'm not sure.
>>
>>61311779
Freesync did have a lot of early problems, like inferior support for <60fpps and the motion blur was horrible on some monitors.
>>
>>61311747
>Having lower than 60fps in any modern title
>Implying freesync isn't better at >60fps which is what matters
>Spending $200 extra for the exact same shit that is industry standard in display port monitors

>>>/v/ never come back.
>>
>>61311779
>Goys hardware
>4 y/o chart
>Implying Linus aka Intel/Nvidia supreme shill even said freesync was better

>>>/v/
>>
>we actually live in a time where one of the main selling features of a monitor is only usable with a specific brand of video card
holy shit I want to get off this ride
>>
All these replies and no discussion on the technology behind the two options.
>>
>>61315195
What the fuck is technology?
>>
>>61310584
All forms of sync are fucking memes so dont even bother.
>>
>>61310622
>tfw nixeus edg27 has little to no backlight bleed due to wider bezels
>tfw all this bezel-less shit is causing backlight bleed
>>
>>61311779
>sample size 48
>most of which already knew which monitor had which tech
>most of which were already bought into the nvidia ecosystem
>>
>>61315091
>>61316211
But I try both and the fact is goysyc is better...
>>
Never played on a monitor with freesync. Is it that good?

I don't think I need it, mostly strategy games but as I said I've never tried one.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.