[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making my own simplified cryptocurrency ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (222KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
222KB, 852x480px
I am an EE student and recently started getting interested in how actually cryptocurrencies work under the hood. I realized that I could even create my own simple currency as a practise and have been meaning to do so. The idea is to make a dummy cryptocurrency that everyone could see inside out and I could use it in some programming presentation I intended to make for a local programming club I used to be a member of

I realized how can I code most of the things, I will make a system for ownly a small number of users, I won't use SHA256 but my own simple hashing algorithm ... The only thing I don't understand is how the "public/private key" thing works. I understand how the hashing function works, but I don't understand how the "verify" function should work.

I already wrote a simple code that will take the message that is supposed to be Hashed (let's say "Hi world") and will take a key, reapeat it 15 times(let's say "keykeykeykeykey") repeat the message the amount of times it needs to fill a 15 character space ("HiHorldHiWorldH") and than do excluse OR between these two 15 char strings . I don't know how could I make some sort of a public key that would be used with the hash to verify the hashing process. Let's say a function V(hashed message, public key, hashed message) = True/False
This video perhaps explains it better, watch from 4:15-6:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBC-nXj3Ng4

Does anyone know how could I make such function ? Or perhaps another simple hashing function + a verify function that could work
>>
Even pointing me in a right direction would be of much help

If I can't verify that the hashing took place and that the hash does really come from that users key+message, than my cryptocurrency is useless even in a presentation

I'l try to explain the problem a bit more clearly here

A user needs to have two keys, a public one and a private one
To hash a message, the user will take Hash function (Hash(message, key) = something)
To verify the hashing process , other users will use that persons public key, message and signature(hashed messgae) and put those in a verifying function that would output only True of False

I already made my own simple hash function that does this

PrivKey: KEK
PubKey: ???

HiWorldHiWorldH XOR
KEKKEKKEKKEK

=

2ÁÂCrrðÒ!¢s’

Does anyone have an idea how to make a public key and a function that will take 2ÁÂCrrðÒ!¢s’ and the PubKey and output HiWorldHiWorldH ? Or perhaps take all three and output True/False
>>
If you're interested in a subject, invest more time into it than what it takes to watch a 10 minute popsci video on YouTube. If you had just browsed Wikipedia for a few hours, you'd already know a thing or two about RSA, ECC, and electronic signatures. There's a bunch of resources out there about cryptography and cryptocurrencies. Don't waste your or anyone else's time by giving into the Dunning-Kruger effect, actually go put some effort into learning.
>>
https://medium.com/@lhartikk/a-blockchain-in-200-lines-of-code-963cc1cc0e54
>>
>>61309709
>>>/biz/
>>
>>61310067
I am primarily doing this to learn and practise, the presentation thing is just something I wanted to do later
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.