[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audio Recording General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download (12).jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (12).jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Sorry if this isn't allow on /g/ but /mu/ told me this belongs here.
I've started to create my own music and want to record but have no idea where to start. I downloaded reaper (free) and started teaching myself that but I still need a decent mic and headphones. The equipment doesn't need to last me forever as I'll probably buy more as I get better but I'd like to get the best equipment for the price. I'm willing to spend $100 on a mic and around $75 on a set of headphones.
>>
>>61307824
Try audio Technica or condenser microphones. Also for headphones I would recommend anything over 50 but under 100$.
>>
>>61307824
So for headphones, I'd highly recommend Westone UM Pro 30s just because they're really flat and have almost no soundstage at all. They're also non-proprietary unlike their Shure competitors. But if you're looking for over/on-ear headphones, I don't really know much, so probably go to the /hpg/ general here.
>>
>>61307824
It's probably wise to get a Shure SM58 for versatility, plug that into an interface (rec. Focusrite Scarlett series) and get some monitors so you can hear yourself.
>>
>>61307824

Hey bud.

Keep using reaper, that's a fantastic DAW.

You can supplement it with free VST like x50 or Emissary for guitar heads, LeCab with free cabinent impulses like redwirez 1960 a, and build a great guitar "chain" (series of fx and vst in Reaper).

At a minimum you will need an audio interface. Check into Motu Audio Express or Focusrite Scarlett series.

You can track with whatever headphones you have laying around, but don't try to mix with anything less than a 300.00 set of monitors. That is at the low end for monitors.

You can use a sm57 on instruments, but i strongly suggest using two mics in two different positions for guitars if you are not going directly in and "reamping".
>>
>>61310448
>>61310481
>>61310487
Just got time to check back on this thread. Thanks for the recommendations. What are the significant differences between over/in ear? I assumed that over ear would give you better sound, is this wrong?
>>
>>61312002
headphones that cover the ear are historically known to sound more "honest" than in-ear monitors. when creating music, you want that "honesty." you want as flat of a frequency response as is reasonable in your price bracket. do consider comfort as well! can't spend a long time working if your headphones hurt your ears!
>>
sm57
mdr-v6
itrack solo
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.