[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tokenize - One Ring to hold all your data

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4063.jpg (301KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4063.jpg
301KB, 1000x562px
What are /g/'s thoughts on the Token ring? It is a ring that is meant to replace your credit card, house keys, car keys, passwords, etc.
>>
stupid and retarded
>>
>ring manages to come off and go missing (don't say "just don't lose it in the first place idiot", shit happens)
>that's it
no thanks
>>
>>61306831
Someone will shake your hand with a near field thing on their wrist and empty your bank account.
>>
>>61306831
See >>61306860
>>
Single point of failure
>>
>>61306831
Great for the gov do whatever they please.
>>
>>61307026
>>61306849
>>61307038
>>61306840
I agree with these statements, I've never been a fan of having all my data in one place, just wanted to know the /g/eneral consensus
>>
>>61306849
Exactly, good luck trying to remember everything you put on it and updating it all in time to thwart thieves.
>>
>>61306831
A disgusting perversion of the original term coupled with hipster dreams of profits that make the world a great place for thieves and totalitarian governments.

> I'll enjoy watching you get scraped everytime you scratch your ass. You're better off sticking it up there you granola snorting hipster fagget.
>>
>>61306860
>put a thumbprint scanner on the ring to confirm the transaction
>problem solved
>>
fucking botnet
>>
>>61307676
Thumbprint readers are laughably easy to fool.
>>
>>61307703
but it prevents data theft with a simple NFC reader, and the way I see it the whole idea behind the ring is that it's meant to stay close to you at all times
if you lose it somehow just call the company and have them disable it like a credit card
>>
>>61307687
Yep. Single centralized authorization tool means more opportunities to collect data on more things about you. Plus the driving force behind all this tap-to-pay shit is to try and make you buy more shit you don't need without thinking about it.
>>
>>61306831
>is preprogrammed
>is shipped to an address
I'm afraid, but is this an actual reason to be?
>>
Token rings are cool and are really fun to install and work with, but ultimately unpractical. Certainly compared to today's switches. There isn't really any reason to use them anymore.

>It is a ring that is meant to replace your credit card, house keys, car keys, passwords, etc.
What? No it isn't.
>>
>>61307788
deliberately misunderstanding things to show that you know that token-ring is an old networking standard isn't clever or funny.
>>
>>61307122
hey but look, they have a super cool app where you can see all your info!

>tracks your actions
>sells your data to third parties

>>61307676
This, this all really just creates more problems than it solves.
>>
File: 1485162925517.png (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1485162925517.png
7KB, 205x246px
>put on ring
>end up having to amputate finger
>>
>>61306849
When you have manlet, girly or fat fingers it happens for sure. Been wearing wedding ring and one other ring for 4 years and I never and I mean never even put it down on accident, dont say about loosing it somewhere.

Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>61306831
Less retarded than a fingerprint scanner and other biometric memes.
More retarded than remembering a password.

Well, they should combine all 3.
>>
File: IMG_0222.gif (384KB, 565x79px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.gif
384KB, 565x79px
>>61307788
What is it then???
>>
>>61307843
Your ring is shitty, is what is.
>>
>>61306831
>What are /g/'s thoughts on the Token ring?
bubbles about to burst
>>
>>61306831
does it have any kind of biometrics that make it have to be on your finger to work
also does the finger still have to be alive/attached
>>
>>61307902
Good rings are fitted. These things look too bulky to keep on all the time, which means losing them will certainly be an issue, or having them pinched by whores.
>>
>>61306831
Would be better if it was implanted in your hand or wrist somehow
>>
>>61306831
Single points of failure make me ill.
>>
>>61307725
then you need to put a battery in it.
>>
>>61307902
There's always that one guy who thinks he will never ever make a mistake. Do you also think you'll never injure your hand again for the rest of your life? That rubber band trick doesn't always work.
>>
File: dose.gif (6KB, 329x302px) Image search: [Google]
dose.gif
6KB, 329x302px
>>61306831
subdermal blockchain wallets are cooler
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.