[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SoulSeek

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: slsk_bird.jpg (4KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
slsk_bird.jpg
4KB, 128x128px
Soulseek

What do u think of this bad boi?
>>
>>61304043
old as my grandpa and only grandpas use it
>>
i remember using this, it sucked. Napster and Limewire were way better
>>
File: clarissa shrug.gif (754KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
clarissa shrug.gif
754KB, 500x339px
>wasting time and energy on private music trackers

I still use soulseek regularly.
>>
Using it since 2004. Good stuff.
>>
I mean, for music, flac and old songs, can you even compete with soulseek?
>>
>>61304043
It was nice when I used it in 2010, haven't used since.
>>
File: Front.jpg (75KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
75KB, 491x500px
>>61304043

FUNNY STORY

i have been on rutracker for years and upload plenty of hd vinyl rips and love the community

been looking for a hard to find 12' remix flacs for a few years and exhausted my torrent searching

literally downloaded soulseek for the first time today and found what i was looking for

so so so happy <3 im not gonna bitch about the napster era DL speed or how i am queued #3423 waiting for a single flac behind some 12 year old who is getting some dudes whole directory
>>
I still use it.

It's good.
>>
>>61304319
U can even ask the user to gently push u on top of the whole fucking queue because you're in a rush.
It worked for me sometimes, it depends on the uploading dude orientation
>>
>>61304178
No, napster wasn't better than soulseek, you ugly fuck. It wouldn't even let you get a file from multiple sources. If you were a dick you would cut people off at 50% and leave everyone with half songs and there was nothing they could do about it.
>>
>>61305168
S-Soulseek doesn't let u download from multiple sources. There are lots of users with the same song usually, tho

But at least I've yet to see a dick cutting down my downloads
>>
bretty fukin good, you can find super obscure stuff in great quality
but there is always some retard who queues whole fucking folders, usually my 30gb vaporwave collection
>>
>>61304043
QUED
>>
>>61305168

search results sucked balls on soulseek compared to napster and limewire

>you ugly fuck

lel
>>
>>61305545
Not really, if you went for rarer stuff it was the only way to get it. Napster and WinMX were better for more common stuff like britney or limp biscuit.
LimeWire and KaZaa were the bomb for computer viruses and mislabeled garbage files.
>>
>>61304043
how do i use this
>>
>>61306894
are you braindead? share some of your library and then search for whatever you want to download
it literally spells that out for you when you first tun it
>>
>>61304043
still good
>>61304319
how do i russian runes
>>
>>61306968
step 1 done
as for step 2... I don't currently have any specific files that I want to download, and browsing seems shit
>>
>>61304246
No, there is plenty of stuff on slsk that wasn't even on WCD.
>>
File: 1472614495935.png (186KB, 245x436px) Image search: [Google]
1472614495935.png
186KB, 245x436px
>>61307116
>browsing seems shit
Why?
>>
>>61307138
look thru rooms which is like 90% music and each room seems to have an overlap of like 90% of the same users, you have to wait to connect to them and see if it feels like connecting at all, then you find they only have x genre music but feel the need to be in every room in existence
>>
>>61304043
>search some new but obscure album on every private tracker under the sun
>sent :^)
>search on soulseek
>found
really makes one think
>>
>>61307116
there is not even a way to browse save for browsing certain user's shares
you need to specifically search for stuff you want to download
>>
>>61304043
Lost my virginity w gurrl from chatroom
>>
it's the best for music
most people have meticulously organized libraries to browse through, new releases up instantly or in advance, completists with everything shared
been using it for 15+ years, no problem. and no longer a need to donate $5 for a years' worth bumping yourself to the top of the download list.

>>61307116
>>61307174
if you want to "browse" perhaps you should stick to spotify
>>
>>61305656
Don't forget the cheese pizza
>>
>>61304043
A lot of people on Soulseek are huge faggots and keep their shit private for no good reason.

I share my stuff like it should be, and those fuckers have their own private little club.

Those people don't care about sharing, they just want to stroke their egos.
>>
>>61307366
quit being some edgy elitist I feel like the "I wish I was at home" meme was made for you
>>
ty based slsk
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.