[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do i have a smartphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: android-phones-00099-630.jpg (103KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
android-phones-00099-630.jpg
103KB, 630x420px
I've gone through iphone and android phones and have noticed something.
Why the fuck do i have a smartphone?
There is nothing great about having one of those devices. All the apps are webapps and the ecosystem (while being opensource sometimes) is closed as fuck.
I do not use the "phone" of this device for anything else other than sending a message once in a month. Or send a message to add money to my account. (Having calculated how much i've spent in my account and it is 66€ and i barely even talk).
From now on i have decided that as the fucking /g/entooman that i am i am going to get board and my own device. It will run good linux have a good emulator a terminal a good music player and a good web browser to browse /g/.

For talking all i'll need is a "dumb"phone.
No reason for anything more than that.
>>
>>61303157
You don't own a smart phone. You just own a phone which is smarter than your dumb brain you autistic fuck.
>>
>>61303157
So basically you want a small tablet that runs linux? Ok. By the way, pay as you go exists.
>>
People with jobs who have to get out of the house need phones
>>
>>61303157
the only reasons i still have one are messengers. in europe, without access to whatsapp there is no need to own a phone at all.

and yes, i hate whatsapp.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170710-161051.png (954KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170710-161051.png
954KB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>61303157
You're going to make a Pi phone?
>>
>>61303466
this, half of the people in the company I work for use their phone daily to quickly access our portal or their mail, calendar and to take quick pictures of products and the like. Smartphones are good for the business world
>>
>>61303157
>still using phone calls
Not only you're being ripped off, you're also a fucking retarded luddite. The fact that you're not aware that you can run a full Linux distro in your phone, or simply use a terminal on plain Android confirms that. But who are you trying fool, the reason you don't need a smartphone is because you're never leaving your house.
>>
Smartphones are useless if you're a NEET who spends all his time in close proximity to an actual computer, smartphones are for people who move around a lot who may need access to the internet when they're miles away from a computer.
>>
My phone is an audioplayer first and a phone second.

The nice part about having them combined is that I don't miss important phonecards due to listening to my audio.
>>
>>61303157
Get some friends you miserable fuck and you will have more use of it
>>
>>61303157
I'll tell you why I have one: to be able to know about your austitic spergs while waiting for my bus in the street. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>61303157
Because you're forced to use it bey your social circle.
>>61303479
Where I live it's viber, the company I work with use it for everything even notifying the staff.
One day I went to work, and everything was closed for repairs, And I didn't know.
>>
>>61303978
Why not just use a dumbphone for that you'll probably even save money
>>61303580
I mean sure of you do that but you can even use a tabletPC(Like the surface) or lightweight laptop and have a better online experience while on the internet.
>>61303565
I am aware that i ca install linux on a phone but no DE is made to run on such a tiny screen. And they all run like shit.
Plus a terminal with a touch keyboard is hell

Oh and by the way with software like whatsapp and viber you do get ripped off.
>>61303507
I probably wont use the pi but yes a media box(music,games) then probably just get a dumbphone.
>>61303495
Most valid reason friend.
>>61303466
But you can just use a dumbphone for that. Most people where i live in cannot even into video calls
>>61303278
You add nothing of value into the conversation sir
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.