[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been blackmailed by your operating system, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

File: bullshit.png (32KB, 893x582px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
32KB, 893x582px
Have you ever been blackmailed by your operating system, /g/?
>>
No, because I don't ignore system updates and their associated prompts. I stay on top of that regardless of which OS I'm using.
>>
>>61298285
>not disabling updates
why are you here again?
>>
Windows 10. Designed with sperglords in mind.
>>
>>61298318
>Telling people to disable security updates
No, Why are YOU here, dumbass?
>>
>using win 10
>>
>>61298285
No, because I'm not a moron that downgraded to 10.
>>
>>61298388
> security updates

> patching old security holes with new ones
>>
>>61298388
>downloading fucking trash that you don't bother scanning for viruses
> IM THE IDIOT
hmmmm there seems to be an issue with your thinking process
>>
> When too many exploits have been patched, release a new system with even more
>>
how does it feel that you have to disable updates and open yourself to vulnerabilities just to get basic privacy.
>>
>>61298487
>>61298452
why are you up on a pedestal about using an old version of windows? windows is not for professionals or hackers, it's for consumers. if you're a consumer, don't pretend to have pride for using an insecure, old version of windows. you're already owned like everyone is and telling yourself running windows 7 prevents that is delusional
>>
> We've asked you five times now
Wow Windows is getting pretty aggresive, I told it to fuck off 5 times now they locked by computer until I chose between mild-severe spying.

Whelp, Linux it is. Too bad I've got to use this shit for work.
>>
>>61298570
because 99% of the time the "updates" are security fixes for bugs that have never been exploited. The majority of consumer PC's come with anti-virus anyway so what's the deal? If you don't like updates you can disable them.

Not everyone is a tech illiterate dumbass like you.
>>
>>61298530
how does it feel that you have to enable updates and open yourself to vulnerabilities just to get basic software improvements.
>>
B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
>>61298587
>Whelp, Linux it is.
Welcome to most of /g/. Windows is just a gaming platform as far as I'm concerned. I have a Linux box for normal PC use and a separate Windows box for games.
>>
>>61298649
Linux will never be more to me than a meme OS because of the lack of proper hardware support and software support.

Honestly, 99% of Linux distros just seem like cobbled together components - the Frankensteins Monster of OS's, and that isn't a good thing. To get Linux to play nice with most hardware requires a ton of configuration tweaks and firmware downloads, and even they don't work properly.

Not very appealing to me to be honest, especially since the Linux community is full of assholes.
>>
>>61298570
Would it be easy to tell if win 10 was just win 7 with a new user shell / GUI?
>>
>>61298597
I thought wannacry was going to shut some faggots like you up.

Have fun getting ransomed
>>
>>61298715
Ironically, I installed Fedora on a second hand laptop I got the other day and everything on it just werked. The touchscreen, keyboard backlight, and extra function buttons on the laptop, all of which I thought weren't going to work at all.
>especially since the Linux community is full of assholes.
The Windows community is too, but the difference is that you don't identify them as Windows users, just fellow shitposters.
>>
>>61298746
>using windows domain services
>not using FTP
>exposing your PC to other PC's on a compromised network
it's almost as if you are asking for it
>>
>>61298763
yeah i'm the guy you replied to, but yeee, some laptops just work like my ThinkPad r61. Sadly most computers aren't like this when they run Linux.
>>
>>61298770
>said the guy connected to the internet
kek
>>
>Is Windows 10 any good?
> Yes, some users on some machines will benefit from upgrading to Windows 10. For most of us who are primarily keyboard-and-mouse bound, though, the benefits are meager, and the annoyances substantial. Even with the Anniversary Update, Win 7 and 8.1 customers will lose key features if they upgrade.
>>
>>61298285
No
>>
>>61298570
I ran my old laptop for 6 years with Windows 7, no antivirus and updates disabled. Guess what? I never got a single virus, because I'm not retarded. I don't see why I need all this stupid bloat.
>>
>>61298827
Nah. 10 openly cucks you, while 7 cucks you behind your back. You can't win.
>>
I asked you five fucking times goyim, now review your privacy settings and accept the spying so I can get the legal shit out of the way before I sell your data for shekels
>>
>>61298851
> five fucking times
C-calm down Microsoft Senapai.....I wonder when we're going to get a Microsoft mistress doujin.
>>
>>61298850
I'm just using 7 while it lasts. I'll switch to Ubuntu in 2020.
>>61298868
>senapai
>>
>>61298715
aww poor wittle babby can't figure out how to install drivers on his waptop and he's getting buwwied by winux users :/

let me guess, you asked an easily googled question, got called a retard then gave up and decided to gb2 windows?

honestly probably a good decision for you, but make no mistake, you're still a tech illiterate dumbass and your opinion doesn't matter. you should check out iOS (mac OSX might be a bit difficult for you) and any Leapfrog or Leapster devices currently available
>>
>>61298285
>2017
>Still using wincucks
step up senpai
>>
>>61298922
> It's called win 10 S
>>
>using literal spyware

holy shit.
I don't understand how people can be so cucked and be nearly 100% ok with it.

I legit am already triggered and keep my sailfoam in another room 80% of the day because it's literally spyware.
>>
>>61299114
What's going to happen if they spy on us?
>>
>>61299114
I don't understand how people can live with being so paranoid
>>
>>61299130
>American corporation creating profile on all your computer activities
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>61298715
>Linux community is full of assholes.
I have to concur as I'm a linux user and I'm very much in every conceivable way an asshole. Nice people are not wecome so you made a very wise choice not to join the community.
>>
>>61299159
Besides having adds targeted to me what will go wrong? Honestly.
>>
Why is MS so pushy now? They force you to restart, the fucking OS "gets tired of notifying you". What the fuck
>>
>>61298285
>that disgusting normie-speak
What the fuck happened to windows?
>>
my flatmate's home server runs win10 (ran win7, but it downgraded without permission when he wasn't looking)
that update in OP, which i presume is for "creators update", caused some data loss the other day
the dialog spawned too big for the display, so no buttons were visible, it also drew itself over /everything/, including the task manager, and stole focus, so the machine become unusable until reset
>>
>>61298770

>using windows domain services
You mean SMB?

>not using FTP
Sending credentials in clear text?

You wouldn't even know

>it's almost as if you are asking for it
Yeah, by running an unpatched version of Windows. The people who got owned were those who didn't patch a month before.

Anybody advocating not patching their systems is an idiot.
>>
>we
>we'll
>>
>>61298597

>because 99% of the time the "updates" are security fixes for bugs that have never been exploited.
That you know of.

>The majority of consumer PC's come with anti-virus anyway so what's the deal?
Anti-virus is not a security panacea. Hell, there have been critical vulnerabilities in Windows defender the last few months.

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-26/product_id-9767/Microsoft-Windows-Defender.html

Hope you like getting owned after MWD scans a simple file

>If you don't like updates you can disable them.
Bad idea

>Not everyone is a tech illiterate dumbass like you.
You're so stupid that you wouldn't even notice if you were owned.
>>
>>61298597
>come with anti-virus anyway so what's the deal
>If you don't like updates you can disable them

You should never use a computer again
>>
>>61300641
i have never patched my windows 7 in my life, just like all the older windows versions
still running with no problems at all
>>
File: 1301174846140.jpg (24KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1301174846140.jpg
24KB, 479x479px
>>61300784
>>
>>61298530
Even if you do that you won't get basic privacy
>>
>>61298715
You obviously never used it so don't pretend
>>
>>61298285
Forced security updates are the best thing to happen to computing. Fuck you and every other shitstain normie like you who ignore updates for months and cry when you get fucked by exploits that were patched years ago.
>>
>>61301730
yeah because who could use linux and say anything bad about it right?
>>
>>61298388
That's not a security update, it is a feature update.

Feature updates can be deferred without using registry so long as you aren't using Home edition.
>>
>>61298770
>using FTP

this is the kind of people on /g/ today
>>
>>61298388
Prove that security updates do anything of value
>>
>>61298388
almost got me
>>
>>61301912
Well, if you aren't exposed to any of the vulnerabilities that are fixed in the security updates then they do nothing for you.
But if you are exposed to a vulnerability that is fixed in a security update that you don't install then you get fucked.

It's as simple as that.
>>
>>61301754
>normies don't know how to use computers so that means everyone who does should suffer
ok
>>
>>61299159
Nothing. Unless obviously you have something to hide.
>>
>>61302043
>you get fucked
I always run years-old pirated copies of windows without updates.
I've installed several privacy programs and keep the OS below 2% CPU usage on idle.
How am I getting fucked?
>>
>>61302106
You're probably not because you have a serious case of Common Sense.
>>
>>61298397
>Not using win 95
>>
>>61298838
Enjoy your buggy, sluggish unpatched windows
>>
>>61298285
Yup. Uninstalled it, I have enough nagging already.
>>
>>61298874
>senapai
this is a next level of senpai. This is the future
>>
>>61300658
>(((they)))
>>
>>61302343
No, this is John Sena
>>
>>61298285
Still using windows 7.
>BUT BUT MUH UPDATES

XP POS is receiving updates till 2019,Windows 7 for god know how many more years to come.
>>
>>61300275
>my flatmate's home server runs win10 (ran win7
Serves him right for being retarded. If you are too stupid for Linux, use Windows server at least.
>>
>>61302444
he's not the smartest fellow
>>
>>61298318
you're the reason people still use internet explorer and get hospital computers infected with ransomware
>>
>>61302464
You are forgetting the legion of network administrators ho dont care and hospital management who literally doesnt like spending money on anything unless its do or die.
>>
Fuck Windows 10. It's getting worse with every update. I use 8.1 instead
>>
>>61299170
Having people make money off you. A LOT of money.
>>
File: win10botnet.webm (2MB, 1718x938px) Image search: [Google]
win10botnet.webm
2MB, 1718x938px
>>
>>61302727
not a winfag but how does this prove anything? have you resolved the IP and made sure they belong to microshill?
>>
>>61302767
No, I never bothered. I just put my faith in the author of this webm.
>>
>>61298285
Lol, I just got this today. Instead it told me this is the last time it'll allow me to avoid the update.
It gives the illusion that I am in power when in fact I'm at windows mercy. It's only a few years before windows refuses to unistall, claiming fears that other OS's can't be trust for security reasons.
Screencaps this
>>
File: ms_ip_1.jpg (109KB, 893x713px) Image search: [Google]
ms_ip_1.jpg
109KB, 893x713px
>>61302798
Heres one for starters
>>
>>61302767
At the very beginning of the video a few pings are sent to the 200+.xxx addresses and they are owned by microsoft; the other one is in arizona, a city called tempe

unfortunately i just googled 'microsoft arizona' and they do have offices in tempe - so it's probably going to their offices.
>>
>>61298285
Fuck that shit. Fuck gaming. I am out.
No more MS for me
>>
>>61298285
>On that day, normies received a grim reminder...
>>61298318
>disabling updates
How did you manage to post from an encrypted device?
>>
>>61298285

>don't make me ask again goy, update your Windows or else...

This is literally terrorism. How do wincucks live with themselves being treated like this.
>>
File: windows.jpg (274KB, 1114x876px) Image search: [Google]
windows.jpg
274KB, 1114x876px
>>61302908
It would be alright if it was a decent OS, but the fact that is more spyware than OS is enough to make me finally say goodbye to it
>>
>>61302464
> get infected by randomware
> clean install of Windows XP Pro Black edition
> restore files from backup

I don't see a problem here
>>
>>61298285
>>61302727
>>61302809
Hmm so LTSB is a meme after all. Guess I'll switch back to 7.
Can't let go of my gaymes.
>>
>>61298597
You're absolutely right, Anon. You let these retarded faggots know what's up. Just keep doing your thing exactly the way you're doing it now.
>>
>>61303201
or
>leave windows update all the shit for you
>do nothing more

i see no promlem here
>>
>>61302464
I'm running Windows 7 without updates, and I've never had a virus.
Common sense is the best anti-virus software.
>>
>>61298285
The message isn't actually this passive aggressive right?
>>
>>61305157
Running no updates just increases your probability of what can you infect you.

When a infection does happen you're looking at a full wipe and restore.
-That is hoping if it's not a cryptowall or ransomware.
>>
>>61305157
>you need to run an executable to be infected
uhm, no sweetie :)
>>
>>61298715

>99% of Linux distros just seem like cobbled together components

The funny part is that that's the intention.
>>
>>61305267

>pick up the can goy
>>
>>61298285
>>61298318
>>61298397
>>61298452
>the same people that eventually roast android for "muh, no updates" don't want to update their desktop machines
why do i even come back here?
>>
File: .png (29KB, 1064x840px) Image search: [Google]
.png
29KB, 1064x840px
>>61298285
>just received the privacy settings window
You're a long ways off from creator's update buddy. Microsoft won't force install the update if even a single driver doesn't work properly. If you're using a custom PC then there's going to be at least 3. I've had this notification for over 2 months now. This rollout is probably one of the best that Microsoft has done lately.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.