[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with Ethereum and plenty of people getting into mining, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: etherum mining.jpg (615KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
etherum mining.jpg
615KB, 2048x1536px
So with Ethereum and plenty of people getting into mining, would a bitcoin situation be expected soon? I.E where the supply side gets overloaded and it becomes to expensive for anyone but people with serious money to create a mining operation?

I'm seriously hoping that Eth crashes soon because the GPU market is shit now
>>
>>61297303
I give it 2 months, all those people havent made enough money to start selling yet. Theres gonna be a huge crash when enough of them do.
>>
>>61297686
To top it off second hand market will be flooded with cheap 580s and 1070s which have been mined on 24/7 and might die any minute
>>
>>61297706
Most people undervolt mining cards.
>>
>>61297725
I dont think Nvidia user undervolt their card, is it ?
>>
>>61298845
They might?
They usually run them at 70% power. or at least they used to.

>>61297303
It's going to POS soon anyway.
Won't be anymore "mining".
>>
Worst part about mining bandwagoners is that most of them are going to try to scam the RMA process, so expect most GPU manufacturers to neuter their own warranty next year to prevent it from happening again. Much like what happen after GPU mining for bitcoins died off.
>>
>>61297303
I just in a backorder purchase for a $260 rx 580 8gb pulse.i figure when it arrives in a month if the mining craze is still going I'll sell it at a profit or keep it if it crashes.
>>
>>61298900
My understanding is that Eth users will move to Zcash after Eth goes POS.

>>61298937
I suppose some cards will still die and be RMAd, but Eth is memory intensive and it's pretty safe to underclock your gpu core speeds.
Dual mining doesn't seem to change that much either.
I suspect less failures, but yeah this will probably still happen.
>>
>>61297706
That's not how solid state electronics work unless you're overvolting the shit out of them
>>
>>61298983
Miners don't RMA because they failed, they do false RMA's when mining no longer is feasible to get brand new cards so they can sell them for close to retail price instead of trying to sell a used card that was running 24/7 for X weeks.
>>
>>61299098
False RMA's won;t work when you are trying to return 8 gpu's. They just put them on ebay.

>One almost new card boxed with warranty, never overclocked and never mined in ;)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.