[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked by startup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: VVCtOGV.gif (990KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
VVCtOGV.gif
990KB, 400x225px
I've been working for a startup for a while. Recently, one of their checks bounced after 5 days in the bank. Didn't notice it had bounced as I was busy working.

> Oh no worries we'll fix it anon

Get next paycheck a few days later. That one bounces too. I stop working. Still haven't gotten paid for a months work.

Talk to finance guy at company. They are out of cash, and trying to hide it. What can I do to get paid /g/?
>>
just pretend to be disabled lol makes you loads of money
>>
>>61296406
Sell the story to TechCrunch.
>>
>>61296406
>What can I do to get paid /g/?
You call a lawyer, which you should have done after the first check bounced.

If a company doesn't have the funds to cover 2-weeks pay for 1 employee on hand, they are in serious fucking trouble and you should have bailed then.
>>
>>61296406
I had a friend who worked for over a year at a start up in a similar situation never got paid for a single days work... But hey at least he got to make his own schedule and work remotely. True story
>>
>>61296442
Not OP, but please explain.

I think I'm really becoming disabled(epilepsy, have all the symptoms, besides the actual seizures so far). How much ?
>>
>>61296406
It's called Startup Culture(tm) OP. Did your company have a lavish office space in downtown San Francisco too, with Nerf guns and free candy and whatever other crap cringeworthy startups use to hook the next wave of expendable college CS grads into working in borderline slave labor conditions?
>>
you could get a lawyer, but why?

you're fucked. they have no money and likely limited liability. Take some IP on your way out. might as well.
>>
>>61296602
dunno just moan to people about being disabled
>>
>>61296406
Real question OP, how big was the startup? A company like Workday, for example, that tries to sell itself like a startup even though it clearly isn't is still a good place. Similarly, if you join a company with like ~20 people (who probably don't even advertise themselves as a startup), can also be a good idea since you will get a good amount of stock options, as well as the fact that you will probably end up with a good addition to your network (that is, if it ends up being successful).

I feel like there is a middle ground somewhere between those two, where companies ask for "rockstars" but don't provide any of the benefits of actual startups, that make them basically shit companies.
>>
if you are reallly struggling just sell reaction images on 4chan if you try hard enough you can sell them for about a doller each
>>
>>61296449
>implying "nu-media" pays money to anyone, even their own writers
>>
>>61296657
expert advice
>>
>>61296602
>find a corner
>make a witty sign
>roll in your earnings
pretty simple really
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.