[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this style of navbar called? I want one like that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: navbar blizz.webm (333KB, 1570x524px) Image search: [Google]
navbar blizz.webm
333KB, 1570x524px
What's this style of navbar called? I want one like that for my website but I don't know how to search for the effect name. Searching for things like "dynamic navbar" and "morphing navbar" didn't come up with anything useful.

It's a floating navbar that morphs into a slimmer traditional bar.
>>
Base navbar has transition property on everything

Detects scroll (pageYOffset to a particular position using JS)

Depending on if it's < or >=, it adds/removes classes to element(s) to show, hide, or change content

No easy way to do it than to code it yourself, so get to work
>>
Look into scrollspy. Never used it personally but it's part of bootstrap (not sure whether it's a standalone library). You'd listen for the user scrolling then change the navbar's class and define a transition between each navbar class. The classes might be a) width 80%, margin-top 20px; and b) width 100%, margin-top 0, for example.
>>
>>61293488
>>61293511
Thanks, will look into it.
>>
It's some javascript bull shit you don't want.
>>
>>61293374
That's why all "modern" websites are so fucking slow and heavy
>>
looks like a "WORLD WARCRAFT" bar to me
>>
>>61293679
>>61295765
stop browsing on 1996 thinkpads and this wont be an issue
>>
File: 1499044780871.jpg (83KB, 636x747px) Image search: [Google]
1499044780871.jpg
83KB, 636x747px
>>61295765
this
>>
its called cancer

we need to bring back static websites that dont require java

whats wrong with html/5 and css
>>
>>61295839
that's not a valid response

even if the site is fast and responsive on modern shit, some of these frameworks do a lot of battery draining stupid shit.

that fucking navbar transformation is not only stupidly pointless use of CSS transitions, it looks shitty and retarded.
>>
>>61293374
It's just some CSS3 stuff.

Just give the navbar a class and CSS transition.
>>
>>61296017
properly optimized sites look and perform fine. this is not an excuse, theres a huge push towards performant sites now. if you just want your sites to be fully static that's not their problem
>>
awful
>>
The word you're looking for is "responsive."
>>
It's a sticky nav bar with CSS3 transitions
>>
That has to be the worst example of a nav bar. Literally two unnecessary nav bars.
Blizz get it together.
>>
>>61295889
>that dont require java
Is this bait?
>>
>>61293374
Please just don't, put in a static navbar that scrolls, it's incredibly simple, and is easier to use
>>
>>61295853
Those pills were taken in the wrong order
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.