[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does cosmetic damage bother you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 55818i12CA87DA3A2A5A9C.jpg (302KB, 1296x728px) Image search: [Google]
55818i12CA87DA3A2A5A9C.jpg
302KB, 1296x728px
Does cosmetic damage bother you?
>>
>>61291592
no. that would though
>>
>>61291592
"When Jap break vase, he paint fissures gold."
>>
>>61291592
depends, are we talking about small cracks and scratches, or are we talking about everything cosmedic is fucked to hell and back?

I can deal with scratches so long as it in no way impedes function (scratches on a screen I would consider imposing function) but if you took a hammer to everything cosmedic just because its funny that it looks fucking broke but works, then no, that would be a dealbreaker.
>>
File: battered.jpg (346KB, 2048x1290px) Image search: [Google]
battered.jpg
346KB, 2048x1290px
to the contrary, i have always very much enjoyed the look of battered hardware. shit held together with duct tape, strapped on with zipties, odds and ends and mismatched parts jutting out. as long as the device actually WORKS.

to me it adds character, like in a "i've seen some shit" capacity. it also says to me that this is a device that does not break down, shit itself and die completely because of a wee bit of damage (i'm looking at you, APPLE)

plus, when im using it alone in the dark, i feel like i'm in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>>
>>61291592
I actually enjoy a few battle scars long as it's not gross foodstuff in the keyboard.
>>
>>61292169

should add that i don't deliberately damage my hardware for a phony aesthetic, i wouldn't enjoy that because i know it would be fake. it has to be real for it to be respectable.
>>
>>61291592
No, as long as I avoid mirrors.
>>
>>61291592
That's real, structural damage though. When normal strain can cause the damage to worsen, it's no longer cosmetic. If you tried to lift up the lid from the left upper side, that whole thing is going to flex, and the crack will slowly get worse.

Cosmetic damage would be scratches, dings, dents, missing paint, etc.
>>
>>61291592
Scratches and dents (within reason) don't bother me at all, but cracks do. I wouldn't even consider a crack to be cosmetic. It's structural damage. If something is cracked then it's time to go on ebay and order a replacement part.
>>
>>61291592
not with thinkpads since you know you can replace the parts yourself for low cost if you really feel you need to
>>
>>61291592
If it's a Thinkpad, not really. If it's a fragile modern laptop, then a scratch will probably turn into a crack and you know it's the beginning of the end for your laptop.
>>
>>61292169
Second
>>
File: tp.jpg (237KB, 600x559px) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
237KB, 600x559px
>tfw dropped my T420 from a three-story building onto concrete yesterday because i'm a fucking idiot and got pic related.
I know it's a matter of time before the hinges give up but even the internal rollcage got cracked so i guess it would be cheaper to get another t420 if i wanted to fix it.
>>
A little bit, kind of how some people will keep picking at a scab. But I don't lose any sleep over it.
>>
I always buy refurbished from Amazon being the poor fag I am, most of the time I never noticed a single scratch.

But that over there senpai is a full blown crack.
>>
>>61292833
you could get a dead t420 and replace the parts that broke
>>
>>61292833
Holy fuck. I'd like to see what would happen to a Macbook in that scenario.
>>
>>61293061
It would look like it was a victim at Hiroshima
>>
>>61293061
Some say you can still find pieces of screen glass in the parking lot to this day...
>>
while cleaning the monitor i've made a scratch on it. it's the first thing that i see when i power up my machine and the last when i close the lid.
i want do die
>>
>>61293042
I can't find a dead T420 over here that isn't also broken or scratched to hell.

I guess i could use it as an excuse to upgrade to a T430 and do the keyboard swap since everything is working fine on my T420, this thing is pretty tough.
>>
>>61293182
just replace the screen goy :^)
>>
>>61292169
>t. poorfag NEET
>>
>>61292169
>D610

Those things were resilient
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.