[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

facial recognition with existing HD CCTV cameras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/behind-worlds-most-sophisticated-facial-recognition-system-that-tracks-absolutely-anything-1621122

When will it end? How do you fight these when some HD CCTV cameras have started using IR cut filters, with "true day/night" cameras even having a mechanism where the filter can be engaged and disengaged depending on the situation?
>>
>>61283144
It turns out that China is already working on implementing this on a large scale.
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170630/07045437703/chinas-surveillance-plans-include-600-million-cctv-cameras-nationwide-pervasive-facial-recognition.shtml
>>
>>61284076
>facial recognition in China
Must be a pretty powerful piece of tech, since there are a billion of them and they all look the same.
>>
Time to get ir blocking sunglasses.
>>
>>61284373
this
>>
>>61284373
Does that actually help?
>>
File: 1498617118329.jpg (226KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498617118329.jpg
226KB, 1600x800px
>>61283144
>Start thinking of ways to fool this system (Mouth masks with facial recon breaker patterns on them and such)
>Also thinking of using >>61284373
>realize they can tell apart people by their walking gait
>Start thinking of ways to hide that too by walking in a weird way
>Realize all of this combined will just make me look like an deaf mute with parkinsons
>>
I really don't think there's much we can do. The people living in developed countries are going to be under constant surveillance both on and offline for the rest of their lives, and I don't see any way to change that.
>>
>>61284460
>>realize they can tell apart people by their walking gait
Isn't that significantly harder and outside of what can be realistically accomplished with software currently
>>
>>61284492
Hide in plain sight, basically.

Just like pagans did when Christians and their conquerer buddies showed up killing everybody.
>>
>>61284531
Its been done in practice
If you had to walk by the same network of cameras every day it could easily start finding a pattern to identify you with
>>
>>61284492
idk, start taking out cameras
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.