[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google Wifi Mesh system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Selection_002.png (23KB, 509x267px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_002.png
23KB, 509x267px
Want to upgrade to a mesh network. Currently have a wifi router + 2 other wifi access points. what I have works, but switching between access points is not ideal. Devices hang out to access points when I'd really want them to switch to another closer one if I'm moving around.

Whats the opinion of /g/ on this one?

Inb4 botnet hur hur.
>>
>>61278407
Enjoy your botnet.
>>
Just buy ubiquity stuff
>>
Enjoy your botnetâ„¢.
>>
>>61278407
Why would you want to buy a product from a company that's only profit margin is selling your info?
>>
>>61278423

Yes of course. So whats the alternative? What other mesh network kits should I consider?
>>
>>61278487
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/140-5515588-8598345?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mesh+network

Pick one that isn't made by google that is reviewed high.
>>
ruckus zoneflex
>>
>>61278487
Linksys if you want specs. TP Link if you're on a budget.
>>
i use 3 aerohive ap250s at home, works pretty well
>>
>>61278407
>>61278433

Buy a couple ubiquity acces points, setup unified AP. If all you want is a single wifi network spaning across the entire house-area then it's the best option.

"Mesh" is only usefull for people that can't run wires to each AP. If you can, it's a waste of money.
>>
>>61278433
He seems to have the exact thing set up already.. 3 access points. That means the mesh shit is his issue. Client switching access points is up to the client
>>
>>61278611

You odn'T get it, he does not have unified AP.

Mesh always comes with unified AP, unified AP can come without mesh. mesh is unnecesary i this case
>>
>>61278572

My current access points are wired now. My understanding with the Google kit is that they will network over the wired and wifi, and present 1 AP but I'll roam between the different AP's as needed.

I already have tried naming my three access points the same name, but roaming doesn't work well. They just hang onto the current AP until they completely loose signal. I went back to different names so I can force/choose the ap's to force my roaming.

Will the Ubiquity stuff just reproduce what I'm doing now or can it do what the Google kit can do?
>>
>>61278771
What.. All you have to do is put them on the same channel and same name.
>>
>>61278407
IDK but have you tried turning the power of your APs down so they overlap less?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.