[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious about this guy, how does he make money to live?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 53644e733abbb2fa4.jpg (27KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
53644e733abbb2fa4.jpg
27KB, 480x411px
I'm curious about this guy, how does he make money to live? From reading his site and articles about him it seems like he hasn't had a proper job since the 1970s and just travels the world doing whatever he wants supported by "helpers" who interact with non-free technology on his behalf. Who pays for it all?
>>
He begs for money on several websites and charges for his meme speeches

This is why I hate that smug bastard. He hasn't done anything of value for a long time.
>>
Hes a Jew. He doesnt need to worry about money.
>>
>>61275012
This
I love the man but no ones going to pay for you to come and give an autistic rant
He really needs to actually start having a real income so he can give speeches for free
>>
File: BillGatesonPhone2.jpg (19KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
BillGatesonPhone2.jpg
19KB, 140x140px
>"Bill. It's Stallman here. People are beginning to question my income. There are internet researchers right now untangling the threads. Threads that lead to you Bill. If they make the connection... if they realise the game we've been playing Bill... it's been what, 30 years now? The whole plan will fall apart! Do something!"

>"It's quite simple Stallman. We do what we've always done in these situations..."

>"Activate the hardware backdoor?"

>"That's right Stallman. Activate it."

>*click*
>>
File: nervous.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
>>61275289
>Bill Gates
>Education: Harvard College (1973–1975)

>Richard Stallman
>Education: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1974–1975), Harvard University (1970–1974)

>Stallman and Gates were at Harvard at the same time
>>
>>61275388
Gates made billions and is giving it away for the greater good of mankind. Stallman didn't make anything or any money and arguably has done nothing for the good of mankind. I don't think you can argue that OSS wouldn't exist without him.
>>
>>61275388
You're only uncovering the top layers anon. Keep digging.
>>
>>61274928
>how does he make money to live?
What do you expect? Neetbux of course. He doesn't need to pay an ISP since he uses McDonald's wifi.
>>
>>61275500
Good goy
>>
>>61274928
Hes a techno communist living in a van who hacks proprietary routers for old ladies credit cards and free net access.
>>
>>61274928
Stallman has huge speaking fees, he demands free accommodations, and he is part of the FSF
>>
>>61275500
>giving it away for the greater good of mankind

No, that's in order to be remembered in a good way. That's probably what he primarily cares about.
Think about it like this: Heaven and Hell do exist, but not as something that the person in question experiences first hand: They are in the heads of the people living after you die.
Bill Gates simply doesn't want to go to Hell (where he belongs).
>>
>>61275012

Agreed. He's right about a lot of things but I wish he would get back to contributing to free software instead of flaunting his lifestyle and acting smug about his avoidance of non-free software.
>>
File: 1499498132266.jpg (354KB, 1500x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1499498132266.jpg
354KB, 1500x1120px
>>61275500
>Gates made billions and is giving it away for the greater good of mankind
will need to correct you here dear annon, he is not giving away, he is taking a proportion of his wealth which is still very small while still growing his personal wealth, that is for not going to hell and also millions miles from "giving it away"
>>
The FSF makes enough money to help pay for his travel. He actually doesn't get very much (he lives below poverty level), but he's said that he doesn't mind and, if anything, gets reassurance knowing that money won't substantially influence his decisions.
>>
>>61274928
>it seems like he hasn't had a proper job since the 1970s

Didn't need to read an article to know this -- just look at him, fucking hobo
>>
Stallman survives solely on the highly evolved fungus that grows on his foot

He's like some kind of druid
>>
>>61274928

>Only uses free software
>I-I-If someone can set it up for me because it's hard to do technology the way I want to

I wonder how long he had to flap his hands for an FSF servant to set him up with his all free thinkpad?

So sad to know that Stallman has turned into a nocode
>>
>>61275500

Stallman made tons of shit

It was never his goal to make millions, otherwise he would have copyrighted and/or put DRM on GCC and any of the other software he wrote so he could make millions off of them
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.