[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan botnet in action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 4chan-logo.jpg (6KB, 189x196px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-logo.jpg
6KB, 189x196px
Spam bot being used very effectively on 4chan for months, the mods are unable to stop it and at this point have given up trying.

It currently targets a specific thread on /vg/ and duplicates posts from any of the other threads on /v/ and /vg/ and puts them into the thread it's spamming.

Currently it's just some buttmad furfag that's mad at his previous game but if one person can do it so can others and there are some people who could use this very effectively on certain boards to shut them down / market products.

>>>/vg/182001010

Every thread made in relation this game gets this spam, if you check the archive you see it's been going on for months.

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/guild%20wars/

"This has been ongoing for a few months, the original /gw2g/ers reported it and directly addressed mods. The site just can't deal with ban evasion, there are other generals and boards with regular spammers, some of which includes their own variants of "repost" spam. Conclusively, reporting it wouldn't do much when the bot gets a new IP every 2-3 posts, but using a name is a decent system for now, otherwise I'd redirect people to the guilds and their discords, where most of the original gw2gers and newer members have been going. I've seen thousands of IPs get deleted, and the fact you can pay companies to solve captchas for you from remote locations in this age hints at there being a ton more that could be used, aside from public caches. Sorry, but I'd just take it easy and just carry on about the game."
>>
Unrelated, but daily reminder that /ammg/ needs to stop being a bunch of spergs and go back to being /mmog/ so GW2 can be discussed in peace, without this fuckin spam bot.
>>
>>61270676
This is actually super easy to do, I used to have a bot like that (and of course I only did good things with it..)

And no you can't ban it, there's no easy solution.
If someone is really determined they'll always come back.
>>
File: 1457808908327.jpg (4MB, 6024x5624px) Image search: [Google]
1457808908327.jpg
4MB, 6024x5624px
>>61270676
>but if one person can do it so can others

old news

pic related has been the case for every major product launch but in the case of win10 it was for well over a year while ms still offered the free upgrade where as most product launch hype only lasts a few weeks
>>
The Japanese thread on /int/ was getting spammed the same way last I looked. It uses names and trips for some of the posts too.
>>
>he doesn't remember the surgeon

This is nothing compared to that masterpiece.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.