[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 42

File: Untitled.jpg (489KB, 2357x813px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
489KB, 2357x813px
Post your simple/small/stupid questions. Take at least 10 seconds to Google first.

Just moved my system to a new case and I've noticed that my system seems to run ridiculously hot for the first 5 minutes after booting, before returning to normal. I've tried multiple programs and they all report similar temps (pic related) so I don't think it's an issue with the software, task manager reports no cpu usage too.
I've also touched the various parts and nothing is so hot, just slightly warm to touch.
This is making me think it's a reporting error with the hardware's probes, but why would such an issue manifest after all I did was switch cases?
Pic was taken 3 mins after boot, by 5-10 mins temps have returned to normal

things I've tried:
>reseating cooler (and reapplying thermal paste)
>reset bios
>turned off overclocks, everything back to stock
>>
>>61269427
Is there any downside to putting your OS on an old (like 5 years) SSD? (with a new SSD for apps/games/etc) Would there be any performance issues?

phrased differently, is it important to have your OS on a fast, recent SSD? or does any old SSD do.
>>
>>61269488
Pretty much any SSD is going to outperform any HDD. If you have it, use it.
>>
I have a dumb question that I can't find an answer to.
Are display ports both input and output, or are they like HDMI with either an input port or an output port?
>>
>>61269509
https://superuser.com/questions/363649/can-displayport-carry-usb
spoiler: Yes
>>
>>61269601
Thank you, you kind and wonderful god.
>>
>>61269427
OP post old thread
>>
>>61269601
Wait. I just thought, with the right software does this mean we can use display ports for built in external video capture?
(Sorry for grammar, on phone and visiting father.)
So for example, if my brother has a Nintendo Switch and wants to record gameplay, could the right program with an HDMI/display port converter do the trick?
>>
>>61269427
You have a still have the old case? I know it's a lot of work, but if you put it back to your original config, does it still overheat? If it does, and it didn't before, I'm guessing you're right, and it may have been bumped in the process of swapping.
>>
>>61269734
Wow, that grammar. You still have the old case*
>>
>>61269720
Probably not what you're thinking of. This just allows for putting USB ports on a monitor for convenience. You would still need a USB capture card.
>>
>>61269488
No not really, if the SSD has been in good condition.
>>
How do you determine which CPU and GPU to go for? Sure there's clock speed, and some features like hyperthreading or vt-x/d, but what else do you look for in a CPU? Benchmarks?
>>
>>61269776
Figure out what you need it to do first
>>
>>61269427
Setup was unable to install Windows NT Boot Loader

Ensure that your C: drive is formatted and that the drive is not damaged

This happens every time i start the Windows NT 3.51 setup
What am i even supposed to do now? All my drives are formatted.
>>
>>61269787
Whether it be gaming (Looking for high clock speed, no hyperthreading) or VMs (high cpu counts, hyperthreading, vt-x/d, low clock speed) or general browsing use (low TDP, no hyperthreading, cheap cost, dual core, etc), how do you pick between all of the CPU chips that have 4.5GHz with 4 cores and no hyperthreading if you're going for gaming. There's dozens of them to pick from.
>>
>>61269809
Formatted to what, FAT16?
>>
>>61269488
The problem is that 5 years ago is bordering on the era where SSDs weren't made to last, so it might be nearing end-of-life, and getting worse performance. SSDs made now will definitely be fine in 5 years tho
>>
>>61269829
FAT32
I only have my Windows 98 boot cd to boot from, and format seems unwilling to format to anything other than 32.
>>
>>61269809
>What am i even supposed to do now?
Install windows 10.
Stupid time traveller.
>>
File: 20170708_171416.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170708_171416.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
How do I get this VHS out without damaging it?

The vcr is a Sharp DV-NC100 if that helps.
>>
>>61269940
nice try pajeet
i don't want NSAKEY on my computer.
>>
>>61269815
Throw all of that out. Clock speed doesn't really translate between processors, and most of those stats are irrelevant. Browsing can be done on fucking anything, and a generally powerful modern CPU is good for pretty much anything. GPU mostly depends on the games you want to play and at what settings

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

logicalincrements.com
>>
File: vcr.jpg (3MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
vcr.jpg
3MB, 2500x1406px
>>61269945
Slip the tape off from around the 2 pulleys on either side of the main head (#1, #2). Looks like the tape should already be loose enough to do so.

Then look for any part of the tape carriage mechanism that you can manually move to eject the tape. #3 or #4 would be a good place to start.
>>
pix and image viewer can't display gifs?
>>
>>61269922
I'm pretty sure the error stems from your file system. Backup data, reformat to FAT16, put back all files. Gparted can be your help if you need something formated at FAT16
>>
>>61270039
Never mind my gif is corrupted or something
>>
>>61269997
Very nice. Thanks for the links.

So you use the logical increments list to figure out what kind of CPU you want to get? It certainly helps lower the hundreds of possible CPUs to a couple dozen.
>>
File: 1-2017-07-08_08.25.23.webm (817KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1-2017-07-08_08.25.23.webm
817KB, 1280x720px
w3m is acting weird when I use any font that isn't tewi. Images won't show persistently and just flash when I hit a key. They're there, but it's like they're being refreshed constantly.
What on earth could be causing this?
>>
>>61270085

If you're trying to shave your budget down to the bare minimum. Unless you need to do heavy professional editing or something crazy then any desktop i7 made in the last 3 years is plenty. Hell an i5 would be good for most shit. Get what's on sale. And if you've got a single 1080/60 screen then just get a 1060 or 580 depending on which christmas color gets your rocks off
>>
>>61270029
thanks. got the tape out. Is there an easy way to convert this tape into a digital file, or should I just take it somewhere to get it done?
>>
>>61270100
Wait, I'm dumb, it only happens with TTF. I still don't know how to go about fixing it, though. It just werks in FreeBSD so I figured it'd be the same on Linux.
Also, ranger displays images with w3mimagedisplay just fine, if it matters.
>>
>>61269748
Oh... But why? Why couldn't we use a display port as both a USB and a a/v-in, then use a program to stream it to a window on our desktop?
>>
>>61270169
>a/v-in
Because it is an av out?
>>
OP here

>>61269532
>>61269734
Thanks for the replies guys, but it seems like my problem solved itself. There must have been a fuck tonne of bubbles hanging around in the water block after moving it around, and it took a few hours for them to clear out. No idea what was causing the motherboard temp to spike, that particular probe must have been under the socket or something.

>>61269645
Old thread here:
>>61261986
>>
File: VID_20170708_005717.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VID_20170708_005717.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
MPC-HC glitches like crazy now whenever G-SYNC is on when I switch to full-screen, I'm pretty sure it didn't do this when I first got the monitor though, I tried to capture in OBS but it woudn't show so I captured on my phone.
>>
>>61270100
You're being haunted by the ghost of Richard Stalin, hire an exorcist.
>>
>>61270285
thanks for the seizure
>>
>>61269509
>Are display ports both input and output
>>61269601
>yes
>>61270204
>no

what kind of trickery is this? I should have just worded my question better.
>>
>>61270443
The do video protocols and data protocols, can't remeber if the mux them or have seperate wires but can be both ways, the video shit can't.
>>
>>61270052
Here's an update to what i've done so far:
I started fdisk without large disk support, deleted everything and created the maximum fat16 partition allowed (2G at the beginning of disk)
i swapped CDs and started the winnt setup, it started deploying all files and shit. i let him do it's thing, then rebooted when it was over.
I was then greeted with a nothing. Seems like the setup didn't deploy NTLDR to the mbr.
I then installed PloP and booted the disk, and it worked.
But soon NT told me that it's unable to load the keyboard layout (KBDIT.dll) and setup cannot continue.
Even when replacing the file the same error is being thrown.
>>
>>61270632
Windows has come a long way.
NT is probably riddled with security holes too.
>>
>>61270659
The thing won't even be online
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44KB, 1802x244px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44KB, 1802x244px
Im doing a CTF on vulnhub and have made a payload that has made a connection to it but unsure how to type in the active session.

How would I go about typing into session 1 and switching back and forth to victims and my terminal?
>>
File: Mic.png (10KB, 467x541px) Image search: [Google]
Mic.png
10KB, 467x541px
So I have a bit of a weird one. I'm using an USB headset (Logitech g933, It's shit) and today my mic randomly stopped working. Apparently my mic volume automatically starts scrolling down to zero and my skype partner says that there is a loud buzzing (which I can even kinda hear echoing) but when I set my mic to playback I hear literally nothing, not my voice not the buzzing. If I put the slider any higher, it scrolls down to zero. It stops scrolling down when I mute my mic in skype however.
I'm on win 7 all the latest updates installed, I've ran malwarebytes, I've unchecked the "let programs control this device" box I've googled my ass off.
after a restart the mic works fine and the problem seems to appear randomly after a few minutes.
>>
what software should I use if I want to completely wipe data from SD card (so they won't be recoverable)?
>>
>>61271354
A Hamma.
>>
What is the difference between CPU Core voltage and VDDCR CPU voltage?
>>
>>61271384
forgot pic
>>
I use i3wm and whenever I want to open sublime-text it asks me for the key, now I know that it can be used for free but all I see is the screen where I should input the code. No way to skip it or anything. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
Should I buy à tkp t270 ?
>>
How do I acquire metadata from youtube videos? From my own research, there are two ways.

1) Download the video with a tool such as youtube-dl and then reverse-transcode it to get something that approximates the original video file and then try to extract the metadata.

2) Use the Youtube Data API to get detailed metadata info.

Could someone tell me or direct me to a source that explains how to do either of these? Other methods are welcome too.
>>
>>61271244
I installed a new version of skype. worked fine for about 15 minutes and then my skype partner complained about loud buzzing and couldn't hear me at all.
Now this time my mic settings didn't go to zero though.
I really don't know what causes this, all I can find on google is people complaining about hearing buzzing but nothing about others hearing you buzz after a certain, seemingly random, amount of time.
Any ideas?
>>
>>61271686
Hanging up and calling again fixes it for a few minutes. I'm super confused.
>>
>>61271384
>>61271399
The CPU core voltage is the core voltage as measured by the CPU's voltage regulator.
The VDDCR CPU voltage is the core voltage as measured by the motherboard.

Typically the CPU voltage regulator's measurements will be more accurate
>>
>>61271658
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/docs/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24300201/video-meta-data-using-youtube-data-api-v3
>>
>>61271492
I don't follow, can you link me to one?
>>61271464
$mod+Shift+q
Also, wikileaks doc has key used by CIA. Use that one.
>>
>>61271840
>wikileaks doc has key used by CIA. Use that one.
SublimeCo sueing wiksneaks?
>>
>>61271823
looks like part=fileDetails is only available to the video owner. any other way?
>>
What do I have to sacrifice if I want a monitor that has 144Hz refresh rate and is IPS at the same time?
>>
>spend all night writing program, half asleep
>make some huge progress
>stop for the night and go to sleep
>wake up next day afternoon
>take a look at the code
>"what the fuck is this?! i don't get a single thing!"
how do you deal with this, /g/?
>>
Does anyone know where I could get a Creators update Windows 10 pro ISO?
>>
What is the best job I can get with a computer science degree?

By best I mean something that doesn't involve programming that makes me replaceable by an Indian.

I have a project management certificate too. It was very expensive. Managing people is pretty much irreplaceable by Indians, right?
>>
>>61272144
script kidding ransomware
>>
I moved in with them recently because my original living arrangement was splitting an apartment half/half with an at-the-time pretty cool dude. He fucked off for other living arrangements, and now I have to live with my parents for a bit while saving to move into a cheaper apartment and having enough saved so I can live off interest and some odd jobs.
The thing is, my mum and dad bought me a computer last year as a birthday present. I can't stand it anymore, and would rather sell it so I can put it towards a Thinkpad, or some other cheap laptop, and then the rest towards future savings. I don't want to tell them, because they'll be disappointed with me, but if I sell it without saying anything, they'll still find out, and be even worse about it that I didn't tell them. I just don't have the money right now to live on my own again.
What's the best way to go about it? Anything better than just outright telling them I'm selling it for something else? I know, it's pretty shit to sell a gift.
Thanks for any advice, anons.
>>
>>61272318
You mean you would rather have a laptop than a desktop? Just explain thet you appreciate the gift but you these days lapshits are as good as desktops for most workloads and you want them to help you trade it in. Getting them envolved makes it feel more like you are trying to include them and less like you are trying to give them the cold shoulder.
>>
internet is out so i'm using my phone's internet tethered to my pc

why am i able to torrent at 2MB/s yet can't load stuff like youtube without timing out?
i can't even load fucking google

literally nothing works but 4chan
>>
Is 'debloating' windows a meme or can I actually improve performance.
I got a fresh win10 install on muh brikpad because I figured I may as well duo boot in case I need windows for Super Mario and shit.
>>
>>61271998
why not 1440p ips?

the screen realestate is insane
>>
>>61272433
The computer they bought was some Dell prebuilt, which while nice, I'd definitely prefer just a cheap laptop for any amount of work, since all I do is some on-the-go odd jobs for bits of cash every now and then. I don't have a ton of time to sit down and do much on a computer.
Would it be worth saying something about how the cost of the computer is going to still end up buying me a gift? It wouldn't be lying.
>>
>>61271998
your wallet.

I have an Asus PG279Q (IPS, 1440p, 165Hz, Gsync) and it's great.
Some people had problems with backlight bleed on the early units but mine is flawless, so if you take the plunge go for a more mature model and not something brand new
>>
File: 1499308808334.jpg (98KB, 655x695px) Image search: [Google]
1499308808334.jpg
98KB, 655x695px
How legit it's the bitcoin mining at the moment? I got a cousin asking our family for 10k euros to buy some mining hardware and he say's that it repays itself in less than 3 months.
How much full of shit is he? Should I call him out on it?
>>
what does this creators update do?
its telling me to review settings before updating
will it fuck anything up? should I not do it? cant postpone it anymore
>>
I want to permanently affix memory to the motherboards of two of my servers, because my tin foil hat is huge. Which type of epoxy is my best bet?
>>
upgrading my phone soon and i want one that i can use as a camera monitor for my dslr because the screen is only 3"

how do i find out if a particular model of phone can be used as a usb host (i think that's why my current phone can't be used for this)? googling the model number and "usb host" just brings up a bunch of links to otg cables on ebay/amazon
>>
>>61272684
Just weld it you pussy.
>>
Where do you download music for your android phone from?
and what format?
>>
>>61272245
I already did that once and got caught. They said they would put me in prison if I ever tried it again.
>>
>>61272676
Unless your cousin is Chinese, he has no chance to mine that back.
>>
1.) Want to design my own theme for my android
phone (remdi3) from skretch. What language
should I use? Don#t want to use apps, that will
run all the time and fuck up my battery life

2.) I wrote some Powershell Skript for changing my desktop profiles. f.e.:
I have one for studying with only related programms and folder and just by running 1 skript it save all the changes and switches to my gaming profile.

Now it is very annoying to run the script everytime I want to change my profile.

I thought about something like a second taskbar with all those profiles.

The question is, how can I creat something like that. Till now I only programmed within the console with c++ or just did some scripts.

How can I desgin something like that and also put all my scripts or programming inside of it?

T
>>
>>61269427
Which OS should I switch to?

Brother gave me an old laptop
i3 core 4 gigs ram, touch screen. The only problem is that it runs windows 8.

Windows 8 is one horseshit OS. Just upgrading to 8.1 took my 20 hours of troubleshooting and attempting to install the same update 3 or 4 times.

I was hoping for the Windows 10 free upgrade but that ended a while ago.

Chrome seems ok, but a waste of horsepower.

I am not a power user. I need email, web, word processing, spread sheets and ability to access my old MS files. I also like to manage my kindle library with Calibre.

What are your thoughts?

I've googled it, but can't find much in depth info on user experience, just stuff about Linux kernals or something.
>>
so am i getting a worse binned gpu if i buy founders edition? whats the best way to get the fastest card?
>>
Is there a way of easily capturing my screen and making webms? I've been using WebMCam but that program leads to stuttery as fuck webms for some reason.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-08+at+10.20.52).png (34KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-08+at+10.20.52).png
34KB, 960x640px
Is this legit
Haven't seen it before and kinda scared since it might be giving me the nigerian prince experience

Also have a new folder on my C: drive called C:\Windows10Upgrade
I'm already on windows 10 though, and i've never seen this folder before when I was updating from windows 7
>>
File: IMG_1071.jpg (140KB, 555x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1071.jpg
140KB, 555x414px
Is it possible to remove an ext4 partition on a hard drive i use only for storage and to merge that free space with the NTFS partition on that hard drive?
>>
>>61272077
Eventually you learn to recognize that feeling of being too shagged to know how poorly your doing, then stop ahead of time. Meanwhile, wait until your tired and half awake then look at the code again. It may make sense when you're back in the same frame of mind.
>>
Was following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIVfDZZeGxM and realized that 31:10 didn't work for me. Anything I enter in the field doesn't show up as a saved bookmark. Thought I mistyped but after I downloaded his code at https://github.com/bradtraversy/bookmarker, it still didn't work for me.

Any ideas what's wrong? Anyone else have this problem?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-08-11-34-09.png (307KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-08-11-34-09.png
307KB, 1080x1920px
960 evo or 850 pro?
>>
I need a new mouse, I had the Razer Deathadder black edition for some years now and I really liked that it didn't feel sticky after sweating alot. I''ve tested the Zowie ZA and the Corsair Glaive RGB, while the Corsair felt pretty good in the hand I'm afraid it will feel sticky after some time (anyone has experience with that mouse?), I didn't like the Zowie. I was thinking about the Steelseries Rival 300 but it looks like it would become sticky too. Any recommendations?
>>
Is hardware programming the whitest?
>>
>>61274245
in general pro is better than evo but in this case we have two completely different types of memory and you can see the clear difference in speed. just make sure that you have M.2 port
also think twice if you actually need 500GB
>>
>>61274402
let me guess: scroll doesn't work
>>
I'm troubleshooting a GPU. It's a RX 460. If it doesn't give any signal over HDMI or DVI, not even for the boot screen, is it dead and should be RMA'd or can something else cause it? I mean, drivers shouldn't be needed to display the boot splash, right? The fans spin. When I put it in a PCI port and my graphics card in the other one and run lspci, I don't get any results.
>>
>>61274402
chinese deathadder, some of the microsoft mice, both are really good
>>
File: 0010273245.jpg (58KB, 640x883px) Image search: [Google]
0010273245.jpg
58KB, 640x883px
>>61274438
Thanks I'll grab the 960
>>
>>61274452
The Razer? It works fine after 4 years or so, but I'm getting arm problems so I want to switch to a bigger and more comfortable mouse.
>>
>>61274488
That's Geromir Yashek
>>
>>61274492
ahhh, okay then
>>
Is there any way to have Firefox use the GPU for HTML5 video if it's available?

>>61274466
I know this is going to sound silly, but is it plugged in? I helped a friend build his new computer and it wouldn't display the boot splash screen and we couldn't figure out why. Turns out we didn't plug power into the GPU.
>>
>>61274567
It doesn't have a power, it only runs on the PCI port.
>>
How do you clean a monitor?
I've got cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth but I don't want to fuck it.
>>
Is it just me or does the favicon for NSFW boards not show up in Chrome?
>>
>>61273570
You're probably just jumping to the creators update or something
>>
File: chromecast-audio.png (217KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chromecast-audio.png
217KB, 900x1000px
>>61269427
Can someone explain to me how the fucking Chromecast audio thing is supposed to work?

I just got one for a remote speaker, all working. My friend connected to it to play a track, and then he left. Its been 30 minutes and this thing keeps playing similar genre music.

I called him, he even restarted his phone, but the music here keeps playing.

Where the fuck is it coming from? Like I know its connected to our wifi and shit, but where is it getting instructions to keep playing music?
>>
>>61273698
please i need space or else i will buy another hard drive
>>
You guys know of any place to get Windows product keys for cheap/free?
I'd rather not pay full price for a license when that money could be better spent towards the hardware
>>
>>61273168
Protip: telling us it's an i3 without the year/generation is telling us almost nothing, and that gets more true every year.

You could probably run Mint fine, Peppermint if you want an emphasis on cloud use, Lubuntu if you want maximum efficiency.
>>
Maki why did you kick me :(
>>
>>61274834
Kinguin. Or pirate that shit
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>61274674
If it's a cleaning solution intended for monitors then it will just evaporate almost immediately. Wax on, wax off, danielson.
>>
File: im a dumb ass someone help me.png (701KB, 1612x1044px) Image search: [Google]
im a dumb ass someone help me.png
701KB, 1612x1044px
Is there anything I can do using MSI afterburner to achieve more from my 1060? Despite having a locked intel CPU
>>
>>61274789
ok, an hour later it stopped playing, must have been cached or something
>>
>>61274933
Unplug one of yer monitors.
>>
My desktop was randomly shutting off when under load, then suddenly wouldn't turn on.

I thought this was my Corsair 650HX dying, however after taking it out of the case and plugging it, it works perfectly. What the fuck is going on?
>>
Really quick question can I still use a Windows 8 key to activate Windows 10? Because everything i find about this is from last year
>>
>>61275272
http://pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

If accessibility upgrade is still a thing yes, otherwise no.
>>
>>61269427
is there a free and secure way to have multiple people edit the same document in real time a-la google docs style? There's an excel doc at my work that's always locked for editing which i'd like to replace...
>>
Is Freesync supported on Linux with the AMDGPU driver yet? I have googled it and all the answers are kind of mixed I would like a more straightforward one
>>
On the PlayStation 4, there is apparently an app called "Internet browser" that you can use to browse the web. Two questions:

1. why call it "internet browser" when it's a "web browser"
2. does it allow you to do anything that you could do on a normal computer in a web browser?

I don't have a PS4 myself, I'm asking out of curiosity.
>>
>>61275673
1. pretty sure the internet and the web are the same thing desu
2. I don't have one myself but I doubt it would have all of the features a desktop web browser would have such as add-ons
>>
>>61274212
Upon further inspection on the console, found out that the error was "main.js:25 Uncaught TypeError: bookmarks.push is not a function
at HTMLFormElement.saveBookmark"

Googled, found no answer. Same error when I try his Github code as well.
>>
These videos being made of CNN & Trump over movie clips etc - if I wanted to make some would Adobe Premiere be a good choice to buy? Would I be able to paste/move the faces etc, and make it so they aren't squares but fit well?

Tks
>>
Do you think it would be a stupid idea if the username field on websites with a login screen were hidden like ***** just like passwords?
It bothers me that if you dont quite hit the tab key or misclick, you accidentally write your password in the username field thus revealing it
>>
>>61275673
1. They don't care what it's called, they care what the most 10 year olds will understand
2. Not ANYTHING, but a lot more shit than console browsers used to be able to do. Pretty sure they've got captchas down, more sure you can't into rare shit like flash
>>
what bluetooth dongle should i get? does it even make a difference? i mainly want it for hooking up wii motes to my PC
>>
>>61275729
The web is an application running on the internet. To give an example: skype, steam, and ssh all run on the internet, but you can't use them with a web browser because they don't use the http(s) protocol.
>>
>>61275785
can we just take a moment to be happy that we can call flash rare it seems even a year ago it was still everywhere being the incurable form of cancer that it is
>>
>>61275842
I used some cheap $1 one I got from DealsExtreme years ago to connect a wiimote
>>
>>61275861
This. If Chaturbate switches over to html5, i can pretty much uninstall Flash
>>
>>61275878
Pretty sure they use it just cause it's called "flash"
>>
File: IMG_0678.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Does my screen look normal?
I can't focus on anything because I keep seeing these pixels almost like a screen door
Is it a faulty monitor or can I fix it?
Also it's a asus ve228 and I'm using a hdmi cable
>>
>>61275975
your screen is fine your eyes are just garbage throw them out and get new ones
>>
>>61275878
You used to be able to get the direct link to a Chaturbate stream. I always did it on my Android tablet. Probably possible on PC too but I have very low IQ.
>>
File: 1448642904877-3.gif (355KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448642904877-3.gif
355KB, 400x300px
Sup /g/, my town is running a design contest and there will only be one prize.
I thought it would be a good idea to give some sort of tablet/piece of tech to the winner.
What would you give? It should be reasonably priced >300$, no phones or laptops since many people already have those. A combination of tablet/laptop is allowed. Maybe design related?
It should be normie-friendly too.
>>
>>61276042
A used Thinkpad running Gentoo with anime stickers on the back
>>
Running a pirated copy of Windows 8.1. I used KMSPico to validate it about a year ago.

Now, I'm getting massive messages saying "Your Windows license is about to expire"

Should I just run KMSpico to shut it up again?
>>
Should I make a database to organize my anime, manga, and music? I know there are some amazing organizational tools for images and h-manga thanks to the threads on /h/, but I'm not aware of anything for music and anime.
>>
>>61276074
Normies don't appreciate free as in freedoms or qt anime grills.
Seriously now, what can we give as first prize?
>>
>>61276084
Just install windows 10 and block telemetry
>>
>>61276106
Idk, an iPad? A Surface?
>>
File: 1499518878572.jpg (130KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1499518878572.jpg
130KB, 600x620px
>>61276130
>Installing Windows 10
>Implying you can free yourself from (((telemetry)))
>>
Is purchasing an old high end smartphone superior to buying a budget phone of 2016?
Say getting a S4 instead of those J5 and such, is the S4 still superior to them?
>>
>>61276175
>Implying you know how to keep telemetry out of 8.1
>>
>>61276220
S4 was a bad year. Very glitchy.
>>
>>61276279
CELL PHONES ARE NOT WINE YOU TWAT FUCK YOU >:(
>>
File: Screenshot_20170708_142426.png (54KB, 561x693px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170708_142426.png
54KB, 561x693px
I'm trying to use the external USB audio driver for the HyperX Cloud II headphones but when I close the KDE Audio and Video settings menu it just reverts to my graphics card's HDMI audio, and I'm not even using HDMI. I have the external device above the built-in audio in playback device preferences but the HDMI audio isn't listed there for some reason. The external device still works if I leave the menu open after I click apply but once I close the menu then it reverts to the HDMI audio. See pic related
>>
Why does Youtube have autoplay by default but no replay button? Why do the guys behind the one extension want to harvest my data? Why aren't scripts to change the layout/adding buttons actually changing anything?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170708_143543.png (67KB, 561x695px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170708_143543.png
67KB, 561x695px
>>61276318
And here's the preferences, the external device is at the top while the HDMI that it keeps reverting to is not listed here.
>>
how do I stop creators update from happening?
it says i got one last time to postpone reviewing settings.
>>
>>61276220
Try asking /spg/ (smartphone general), they might have an answer
>>61270301
>>
>>61276348
Just let it happen, what's wrong with the creator's update?
>>
>>61276220
It's hard to beat any well made phone from post-2013 in actual user experience. S4 was not a well made phone tho
>>
>>61276158
Too expensive I want to keep it >300$
>>
>>61276415
>$300 means greater than $300 lol
>>
>>61276437
fug didnt mean to greentext
>>
Where can i Windows 10 Enterprise for free?
Is getting it from tpb reasonable?
Is enterprise version even worth getting?
>>
Is there much of a difference between a GTX 1050 and a 1050Ti?

I'm not planning on running shit on ultra settings or anything but judging just from the videos I've looked up, it really doesn't seem like I'll be getting much of a performance boost if I fork over the extra money for the Ti
>>
>>61276368
I think it will fuck up with my pirated games
>>
File: 1493150016070.jpg (30KB, 489x520px) Image search: [Google]
1493150016070.jpg
30KB, 489x520px
Can my ISP see when i connect to Tor ?
>>
>>61276507
it wont idiot trust me i have personal experience the only games it even cares about is gears of war 4
>>
>>61276537
Sure.
>>
>>61276487
Yes.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html
>>
>>61276475
Not worth it

>>61276537
Yes, if they know it's a Tor node
They will know when you download Tor/Tails from their official website though
>>
File: fag.jpg (9KB, 236x227px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
9KB, 236x227px
>>61276567
>>61276584
Can i prevent this with a VPN before i start Tor ?
>>
>>61276633
No, every site that you're going to open on tor will connect to some tor node, they will know that you're browsing on onion but it's impossible to track what you're browsing.
>>
How do I save very post on a board in a txt file in c++ ?
>>
>>61276727
autism.exe
>>
>>61276668
ISP can still sniff on connection if they care enough and break the law
>>
>>61276874
>ISP can still sniff on connection
Why would they do that ? As long as they don't own an exit node they can see nothing.
>>
>>61270155
Take it somewhere
That shit requires equipment im sure you dont have and probably wont use more than once
>>
>>61276739
Isn't that written in c#?
>>
I was told last thread to avoid AMD processors, is there a particular reason why?
I've heard overheating was an issue, but proper Intel equivalents seem so much more expensive by comparison
>>
Is ixquick still good or is there something better search engine wise?
>>
Did I make a mistake by learning C++? It's not very popular.
>>
>>61276874
>Thinking it's illegal for them to sniff your traffic
>>
>>61277116
Intel processors generally outclass AMD ones, but on a budget AMD usually pulls more bang for your buck.
>>
I'm going to partition my hard drive to install ubuntu
Can I increase the partition size later on?
Can I move files from windows to linux without moving those files to a separate hard drive?
>>
>>61277116
Ignore the shills, make your own decision
This time around ryzen is better bang for your buck but then again it hasn't been around long enough to see if it's reliable
Intel is a lot better in that regard but like you said more expensive
Just depends on how much you want to spend i guess

>>61277136
Not really
You can pretty much pick up anything in the C family a lot easier, like C# which is used a lot more
C++ is still useful though, just depends on what you want to do with it
>>
File: FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>61269427
Am I getting my card anytime soon? Ordered a PNY GTX1060 through Dell and they gave me two estimated delivery dates, 7/7 and in another section 7/12. I've heard horror stories...
>>
Professionally-speaking, does your online handle matter that much to companies/employers?
Want to set up a GitHub to show off my projects but I don't know if I should use my current account with online handle or make a new one relating to my name.
>>
File: New GPU.jpg (57KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
New GPU.jpg
57KB, 720x540px
>>61277199
>>
>>61277233
pls no.

Also I'm looking on Nowinstock and theres an MSI 1060 for $300 on Newegg. Sounds like a fucking rip off and its not the "gayman" edition. Do i go for it though?
>>
>>61277233
apple would call that an innovation
>>
>>61277229
Do your initials + random number. That way its obscure enough so its not cringy but it also relates to you
>>
File: Muf5yYA-doom-wallpaper.png (2MB, 1243x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Muf5yYA-doom-wallpaper.png
2MB, 1243x1050px
anyone have a g sync monitor? is it worth getting
>>
>>61277277
How would something like JohnS be cringy?
>>
>>61277198
So if I lowball on the cpu (like a Pentium or i3), would something like a GTX 1050Ti be able to compensate if I'm aiming for a stable 60 at medium-high settings?
Because I've been told an i5 would be ideal but I just can't fit it into my budget.
>>
I'm poor so I'm making a budget build. What would be better: Pentium G4620 (100$) or i3-7100 (120)? I posted this in the pcbg but didn't get a good response. I'm not looking for hardcore gaymin just something better than my current a8-6600k.
>>
>>61277229
>or make a new one relating to my name.
Make a new one, no matter what name you use for it, then keep it squeaky clean.
>>
>>61277197
Place your ext4 linux partition after the NTFS so it's a lot easier to resize

Since NTFS puts your files at the beginning of the partition, all the empty space is at the end which makes it a lot easier to shrink it and use it for something else

Not only would shrinking the NTFS from the front be really long since it has to move all the files, it would fuck up your windows installation (if you have one there) since windows hates it when the start of the NTFS partition is modified

I would say having your NTFS first, your EXT4 second and your SWAP partition at the very end

>>61277327
It really depends on the games you want to hit that 60 on
Something like KSP that relies on cpu would choke quite a bit but something that relies much more on graphics like most AAA games should be fine

If you plan on playing GTA though it also comes down to having a SSD or not, I used to have it on a normal HDD and I would have lag spikes every 5 seconds
>>
>>61277353
7100 is slightly better
>>
>>61269427
can you change version of windows from x86 to x64 without formatting system partition?
>>
>>61277456
Thanks. I'll mostly likely go with it since it's not that big of jump in price.
>>
>>61277463
No
x64 uses an entire compatibility layer to run normal 32-bit programs and you can't install that without reinstalling all of windows
>>
>>61276327
so you spend time watching shit without noticing.
the one extension?
like greasemonkey on firefox?
>>
File: 1462762559055.jpg (54KB, 1016x568px) Image search: [Google]
1462762559055.jpg
54KB, 1016x568px
>>61277490
fug

I didn't notice I installed x86 version when I got new SSD, now I have to redo everything again.
>>
>>61277127
pls help, im paranoid as hell and wanna know what i can do better
>>
are those old joysticks being dumped on classifieds sites for a few bucks good for analog control? Or are they just switches?
>>
>>61277127
>ixquick
type "hentai"
Sorry, there are no Web results for this search!
broken
>>
>>61274857

Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8 GHz Processor 4 GB DDR3 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive 11.6-Inch LED Touchscreen, Intel GMA HD Graphics Windows 8

Does this help?
Thanks in advance
>>
Stallman wrotes this:
>The Kindle tells Amazon what page the user is reading, plus any notes the user enters.
But why on earth would Amazon needs such useless information for? Like what they could possibly do with such data?
>>
>>61277116
maybe for the FX series heating is problem and performance but i think ryzen holds real well
>>
>>61277839
to sell them
>>
>>61277839
Sell it to publishers to know when a user stops reading the book and to use this to tell the authors that people stopped being interested in their books at x chapter/ x page. Or this could be a long haul research to see how the average human brain reacts to the same book and use this information in the future to not do what x author did to keep people reading to their advantage.
>>
>>61277197
Adding on to what the other guy said, you can change the partition sizes later and Linux can access files from Windows as long as Windows is shut down (not in sleep mode). However Windows can not access files from Linux, only the other way around.
>>
kys lmao
>>
>>61276318
>>61276332
still need help with this pls
and this too: >>61275592
>>
>>61277429
Would you say that SSD problem would be a prevalent issue with other games as well?
I still haven't decided if I'd even need an additional SSD...
>>
File: IMG_20170531_185810.jpg (93KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170531_185810.jpg
93KB, 1032x581px
tl;dr What software can I use to tie my case fans (and hopefully make curves for them) to my GPU temperature?

The utility provided by ASUS it nice but can only do it based off of CPU/vrm/motherboard.
My CPU and GPU are both AIO cooled by the CPU rad's fans are the only ones I think should be tied to it's temps. The GPU gets much hotter as it's heavily overclocked and only using a 120mm rad for almost 250w of load. So if I should just leave them all tied to the CPU I'll accept that as well but as it stands I think gpu would be better.
I tried speedfan and it's an awesome little utility but doesn't seem to work for my computer.
Thank you anons, I offer kitten OC in exchange for you time.
>>
Are there any stores where I can buy movies without any drm? I pirate all my stuff but my mum would prefer to pay for some things.

Preferably you'd just pay and then get an mp4 file or whatever to download, but I have a feeling movie companies wouldn't offer that.

If this isn't possible, and drm is needed, are there any solutions which would work on both an ipad (offline), and a tv?
>>
I am running Puppylinux off an SD card because my HDD controller died and computer no longer recognizes HDDs.

it is on a 4 gig boot partition, and i have a 28 gig fat32 partition for holding shit.

The internet is all like "SD cards are not reliable HDD," but i was wondering, will the wear be on the entire flash drive if the OS is only on the 4 gigs? Will one partition die before the other, or will the whole card go kaput altogether?
>>
>>61278007
I believe most physical media comes with a digital copy these days. You also get a nice box :D
>>
>>61278023
Ah, sorry I meant to clarify, we find owning dvd's a pain because they use up a lot of space. I did see the latest dvd we owned had a digital copy, but when I went to the site it looked like you needed to download some app, and register, rather than just put in a code and it just werks
>>
>>61278020
It depends on the quality of the SD card. They prevision off different amounts of flash to replaced failed cells. That's why some SSDs are 480gb, some are 500, some are 512, it's all different amounts of provisioning.
I don't think SD cards have SMART info but either way you would be far better off using a flash drive in my opinion. SD cards are really not designed to be used like that and it very may well die at any moment.
Get the flash drive set up while you can still boot the SD card.
>>
>>61278002
i once fucked around with software and shit to manage my fans but in the end decided to go full hardware so i bought a fan with thermal sensor and never cared about high temperatures again
give it some thought
>>
I know that the problem with Android is that Google tracks users with its Play Service. That's why people remove GApps when using a custom ROM.
For iPhone users, don't they still need to use Google's APIs too? Doesn't this mean anyone using Google maps, etc, is going to be tracked by google even if they are using an iPhone?
>>
>>61277952
>Would you say that SSD problem would be a prevalent issue with other games as well?
No, no other games that i've played have load speeds that correlate directly with framerate

GTA is only such a big issue since it's a 60gb game, and it doesn't have multiple maps to split into so the game has to keep constantly loading stuff

The only advantage an SSD has which isn't related to GTA is that you get faster initial load times with everything, but it's not required to have a good experience
I didn't get an SSD until I got GTA

>>61278020
SD cards have multiple flash chips inside them to spread out reads and writes to make them faster
It most likely will wear the entire chip

Flash memory limits in regards to write limits isn't a practical limit you're ever going to hit though, unless you're doing terabytes of writes on a daily basis

SD cards aren't considered reliable because in general they're easy to break, compared to a normal HDD which is a lot more rugged
>>
Anybody familiar with TIBCO?

My work wants me to learn that shit in a couple of weeks but I don't know where to start.

Any good tutorials for this program?
>>
which is the future of processors, photonics or carbon nanotubes?
>>
>>61278291
no
>>
File: nani.png (9KB, 569x172px) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
9KB, 569x172px
How/where do I setup the list of things I want to run at startup on Debian Stretch (I didn't install any of the DE's from the initial install dialogue, but instead installed xorg and i3 -- I also installed lightdm but disabled it with pic related)?
Basically, what I want to do is have it load up bspwm and sxhkd at startup (I want to try bspwm in lieu of i3 and I have already installed bspwm).

I found this article from 2008 about auto starting startx which refers to .bash_profile.
https://gist.github.com/v1nc3ntlaw/327480
And the ArchWiki mentions ~/xinitrc or ~/.xprofile on the bspwm page.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bspwm
Which one is right? What do I need to do?
t. linux baby
>>
>>61276220
my S4 works perfectly fine, runs lineageos (7.1.2)
i would pick an S4 with lineageos support over a budget phone without lineageos support
though it's worth noting the S4 seems to be stuck on linux 3.4.x, which has fallen out of support recently, so it's future isn't certain
>>
>>61278343
Is that lineageos version a nightly or a stable version
I have an S5 and I don't know if I should upgrade from a stable CM13 rom to a nightly unstable lineage
>>
>>61278366
nightly, i update it at least once a month, and i have not run into any issues
i had already moved to nightlies with cyanogenmod as well before lineageos took over, because it was so much newer than the last stable or snapshot
can't speak for the S5, however. do a complete backup from TWRP then try it out yourself
>>
>>61278316
whats the future of processors then
>>
>>61278400
When you update each time, do you wipe your data partition as well? I know you can do dirty upgrades with CM by just wiping the cache + dalvik but is it the same with lineage?

Assuming i'm willing to wait a full 20 minutes each time I want to wipe the dalvik
>>
What's the best web browser for android? Which one blocks ads the best?
And music player?
>>
>>61278483
i had to do a proper reinstall going from CM to lineageos (app-level backup/restore and doing settings over)
but updating from nightly to nightly doesnt (or hasn't yet) required anything more than flashing the new lineageos .zip (and any other /system .zip's you want, like addonsu)
>>
>>61269427
What are the most aesthetic SD cards?
>>
>>61278630
shark
>>
File: 1296502128027.jpg (133KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1296502128027.jpg
133KB, 640x640px
>be me
>be summer
>too hot
>open PC side panel
>temps go up of the MoBo and CPU

What happened? Parts in the open =/= cooler?
>>
How much telemetry can be disabled from the proprietary operating system known as iOS?
>>
>>61278653
Instead of your case fans pushing in cool air/pulling out hot air you now just have a big cloud of hot air that your fans recycle
>>
>>61278653
put a table fan next to it
>>
What are some good cooking/baking recipe youtube channels that uses fucking Metric. I'm tired of converting tspoons and shit
>>
What is a decent laptop (not for gaming) around the 500-700 EUR range? It's for college (CS), first year
>>
>>61278829
>>>/ck/
>>
Is 53 degrees acceptable for fuck hot summer and no AC in the room?

>>61278681
Such tech. !
>>61278751
I am going to use it 3 more days.
>>
>>61278866
53 isnt even hot you dumb fuck
>>
>>61278866
>53 C
Your computer temp is the least of your worries right know. You can't survive in the Middle East without an AC. Invest in a cheap ass portable unit.
>>
>>61278886
>merica
fuck off with your backward units and keep up with the world will ya? it is about time you converted to metric
>>
I'm having a hard time installing Windows 10 on an Ideadpad (yoga 300 bl) from a USB drive with UEFI, after replacing the broken hdd with an ssd.

Every time after the partitioning step, when it starts to copy the files to the drive, it stays at 0% and after a few seconds fails with
>Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To install Windows, restart the installation.

None of the solutions suggested online seem to work. Has anyone here had to deal with this in the past and knows what's wrong?
>>
>>61278911
If you were talking about ambient temperature you'd probably be dead
Most people in burgerland measure computer temps in C
53 degrees on pretty much any computer component is fine.
>>
Are objects in C++ always passed by value to functions? Do you have to use a pointer to pass it by reference?
Is an object identifier not a pointer by default?
>>
>>61278916
I don't know what is wrong but I would suggest you borrow a portable USB DVD reader, don't waste anymore time with the USB stick install method
>>
>>61278911
53C isnt hot you fucking illiterate faggot.
>murica
You're on an American Anime Imageboard,using The Internet,that Americans created,using trans-atlantic backbones Americans created and manage.

Seems you have some priorities to straighten out there
>>
>>61277825
I'd run mint. I'd also get a cheap SSD for it.
>>
>>61278988
>merica invented the internet
>speeds that directly compete with third world countries
enjoying your monthly data cap?
>>
I don't have one of those at hand or know anyone who has.
I don't really want to buy one just for a small chance of fixing this stupid error either.
>>
>>61279021
I dont have a cap.I use about 8TB of bandwidth a month.

>moving the goal post
>>
>>61278955
>>61279031
>>
>>61278939
>Are objects in C++ always passed by value to functions?
Yes.
>Do you have to use a pointer to pass it by reference?
You can pass it using a pointer or a reference. It's very common to pass objects as const T&.
>Is an object identifier not a pointer by default?
No.
>>
>>61279036
Sure James, how many of your daughters you had to sell to afford that speed?
>>
>>61279041
Have you tried installing 8.1?
>>
is there a program or a command i can use in windows that shows which programs you have open connected to the internet and how many bytes is being downloaded/uploaded to the internet from them?
want to see whats spiking my ping
>>
>>61279052
$150 for symmetrical gigabit with tv and phone bundled in
>>
>>61279067
Nope, but I'm downloading the image at the moment. I don't have much hope though, as the installation procedure doesn't seem that have changed at all since Windows 8...
>>
>>61279078
noice, which provider?
>>
>>61279098
verizon
>>
is dwarf fortress a fun game
>>
>>61279170
i don't know
>>
>>61279187
This is thread is for stupid questions, not stupid answers.
>>
>>61279212
really?
>>
File: 1491191140077.jpg (35KB, 519x517px) Image search: [Google]
1491191140077.jpg
35KB, 519x517px
after installing win10 LTSB on my laptop it says "0% available ,plugged in not charging", and as soon as I pull the plug the screen goes black. I tried reinstalling the battery device in the device manager, but that didn't help.
What do I need to do in order to make win10 recognize the battery of my Laptop? It worked fine on Linux before
>>
>>61279227
>worked better on Linux before
just install Linux
>>
Why isn't my cpu temp showing? Why isnt my ram specs showing ? Why is my mobo this warm ?

This is a 5 days old build. It got a huge side fan, a front fan and a top and back fan that blows fan out.
>>
>>61279067
>>61279080
Okay, tried that too. Didn't work. Same error.
>>
>>61279321
Have you got an android phone
You can use that to emulate a cd drive
>>
>>61279316
Try runnining in administrator mode by right click>run as administrator
>>
>>61279342
Oh, that's a good idea. Thanks, I'll try that.
>>
>>61279227
what laptop?
>>
How is GitHub generally used?
As a file upload/download system to organise code?
>>
>>61279343
That didn't help.
That feels like something that only worked back in the days when windows vista was a thing.
>>
>>61279406
Do you know what git is? Github just provides remote git repositories (and some extra functionality).
>>
>>61269427
is there a way to defrag a ssd without fucking it up?
>>
>>61279471
There is no reason to defrag an SSDs, because they work fundamentally different than HDDs. Doing that will in fact reduce the lifespan of your SSD.
>>
>>61279471
"Defrag" is a meaningless concept in flash memory.
>>
>>61279471
There's no need to defragment an SSD. Defragmenting is a procedure meant to counteract the inherent problems with some filesystems on a spinning platter media. As SSD's don't have spinning platters, there's no need to defragment them.

TRIM on the other hand, is very important, but is usually done automatically by your OS.
>>
>>61279471
You made 3 annons very happy today OP.
>>
File: 857.jpg (37KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
857.jpg
37KB, 500x366px
>Edit 1+ hour file in Shotcut to make it shorter
>Put all split videos in different tracks
>Save project and close
>Open it again later
>Video from most tracks were inexplicably deleted and only audio remains
>Can't recover them
To whoever suggested this piece of shit program: Burn in hell.
>>
>>61280016
Use openshot
>>
>>61279817
yeah, i see
>>
>>61280016
did you move the source videos?
>>
>>61280040
I'm just going back to Vegas, I'm tired.

>>61280111
I did not. I saved the project and left everything where it is.
>>
What's the point of saving bitmap data as a floating point (0.0 to 255.0 RGBA values) when you cannot display floating point in an image anyway.
>>
I have 16gb of ram and seldom go over 12gb in use. I want to set up a ramdisk with a couple of GB and put things like logfiles and temp data and caches in it to reduce writes on my chinkshit SSD.
How can I do this? I use chrome so should I just "install" it on the SSD or put a specific folder on it?
What other things should I move over to it?
What software can I use to manage and create the ram disk?
>>
>>61280202
no idea but I would guess if you perform operations that result in a float then you define logic to round them up or down etc
>>
File: 1420225131008.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1420225131008.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
What's a good free VPN? Speed isn't that much of an issue but I'm a poorfag who needs to hide from my ISP when torrenting my Chinese cartoons. Also how do I set up the VPN on Xubuntu?
>>
My aunt has a computer that is failing, and she has important data on the hard drive that has not been backed up.

Assuming the hard drive itself (in her PC) is ok, can I pull this drive and connect it to my pc, without erasing/ formatting the drive? The idea would be for me to just plug it into my computer and copy all the important files. I have the extra sata power and data cables, but I don't know if I can install/mount the drive in my computer without erasing it. Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>61280296
...to keep precision after multiple operations
>>
>>61280309
I should also clarify that the PC will not even boot into windows; it just hangs on a black screen before the windows login screen, so I can't just boot into windows on her computer and copy files onto another drive from her computer
>>
>>61280309
Sure. Just connect it to another PC as a secondary drive. At most you might have to assign it a drive letter in disk management. You could also try booting a portable OS in her computer, like Linux live or WinPE
>>
File: nvidia agp.jpg (121KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nvidia agp.jpg
121KB, 960x540px
Just found this dinosaur here, what's its name?
>>
>>61280309
Yes that should work fine. Windows should only offer to format it if it looks corrupt or otherwise unrecognizable, but even in that case as long as you don't blindly click OK it won't do anything
>>
>>61280391
Nvidia
>>
I recently bought a modmic 4.0, but it does not work with realtek audio drivers. How do i fix this?
>>
>>61280391
Post other side, and get the whole thing into frame this time.
>>
File: agp 2.jpg (117KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
agp 2.jpg
117KB, 960x540px
>>61280477
Just run out batteries, is this enough?
>>
>>61278836
Anyone?
>>
Would it be a stupid idea to use exclusively SSDs?
Or is it more advisable to have at least one HDD?
>>
When i turn on my linux pc or use my phone, wi fi works normally, but when my family turns on their w10 pc's the wifi dies briefly, then is unstable for as long as the pcs are on. Any fix for that?(other than changing the os altogether)
>>
File: agp 3.jpg (79KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
agp 3.jpg
79KB, 960x720px
>>61280391
>>61280492
Got another shit camera
>>
>>61280531
Depends on how much storage you need
If you just need slower bulk storage it costs much more to use SSDs
>>
>>61280526
chromebook
>>
>>61280604
chromebooks are overpriced shit. to the guy asking get a refurbished business grade laptop
>>
>>61280531
If the computer is purely for gaymin' or other dumb shit that can fit onto a <=256GB SSD, go for it

If you're trying to have loads of movies / music / chinese cartoon porn, get HDDs for storing them
>>
>>61280532
Better Router.
>>
>>61280641
used chromebook?
>>
>>61280690
most chromebooks are poorly specced, that's why I say they're overpriced, and have virtually no local storage so if you're a digital hoarder or just want to have local copies of all your school projects etc, it gets pretty cramped real quick
>>
>>61280391
>>61280492
>>61280597
Is that a MX4000?
>>
>>61280722
What about a new laptop?
>>
>>61280832
/g/ shits on them but lenovo is bretty gud
>>
>>61280690
Chromebooks were designed for web surfing and literally nothing else
They're great for the less technology-inclined who just want to browse facebook and watch cute animal videos.

I should know because my parents absolutely love their chromebooks.
>>
>>61280861
Which one? I'm buying from amazon europe, pretty much the only place I can buy from.
>>
>>61280877
any reason you can't buy direct from the lenovo site? as for which one, that depends on what specs you want and where your personal balance between specs/price is
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (189KB, 1587x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
189KB, 1587x1175px
This is my current case setup, minus the two fans on the top (orange) that I plan on instaling to help cooling the system.

My question is: should I put the top left fan pulling air inside or outside the case?
I know the default would be pulling air outside the case, as its the natural route for hot air in the system, but the problem is that right below it is my cpu cooler pulling air in.

Or maybe should I just leave as is and don't install any fans on the top?
>>
>>61280952
You only need the front 2 intake and the one rear exhaust
>>
>>61280980
`
So there is no considerable temperature drops from fans on the top of the case?
>>
My pc randomly shut off after I was playing some games and then it wouldn't turn on. Hours later it turned on and I was able to use it until it shut off again. The pc tries turning on over and over until it wouldn't turn on. I did some troubleshooting and the psu is working fine. So it's most likely the MOBO that's fucked. Can it be fixed or should I just buy a new one?
>>
>>61281048
Youll just create deadzones where heat builds up
>>
>>61280914
500-700 EUR, I live in third world shithole so amazonglobal is the easiest,fastest and cheapest way to buy technolo/g/y
>>
>>61281146

Ok, thanks!
>>
>>61280952
GPU fans don't actually blow the air like that, the fans blow into the heat sink and the air exits to the side, unless its a reference design where the air exits the back of the case.
>>
>>61281177
https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-i5-6200U-Processor-802-11AC-Bluetooth/dp/B071QX1SFM/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1499562156&sr=1-10&keywords=lenovo+laptop&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289793011%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A7817223011
>>
>>61281214

You are right, my bad.

Most of the heat on my case comes from my GPU, a 280x. 85 degrees celsius on full load, damn...
>>
>>61280492
I meant flip it over and post the other side of the board.
>>
File: alcocks.png (38KB, 373x287px) Image search: [Google]
alcocks.png
38KB, 373x287px
>>61280597

>>61281297
Disregard that, I suck cocks. Confirmed by captcha.
>>
Why don't people use the user IP address to assign accounts? This would get rid or username and passwords. I understand that it would be 1 acc per household, but anything else?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdFfqTGWfnQ

This is still happening.

I reinstalled Chrome and it's definitely still happening sometimes. Idk why. It's so strange.

What's going on? Who here has had this issue? What solved it? Is there some Chrome setting that's on that fucks up my cursor for some reason that is still on when I reinstlaled it because normal uninstallation didn't remove all these special files? Is that's what happened? Is that hypothetical situation real? Is my cursor being logged intermittenly and replaced with a fake one? I mean shit..

I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>61281387
> Is there some Chrome setting that's on that fucks up my cursor for some reason that is still on when I reinstlaled it because normal uninstallation didn't remove all these special files? Is that's what happened?

Google is as big as Walmart and McDonald's and Chrome is proprietary junk so yeah, you probably have some "special files" lying around that will never, ever, ever go away because the average user has casually accepted software en masse to be this way because they don't normally think about it, while people like you and me who deal with tech issues on our own have to suffer.
>>
>>61281382
IP addresses aren't permanent.
>>
>>61281422
But for a private website it would be secure?
>>
>>61281468
No.
>>
>>61280391
>fan
>dinosaur
anon, plz
>>
>>61281480
Why?
>>
>>61281514

>>61281422
>>
>>61281468
>register account using IP address
>power goes out for 10 minutes
>someone else gets assigned IP address
>lose account forever

No. It really wouldn't.
>>
>>61281382
Discord uses such a retarded idea
result? account verification each time you try to log in
>>
>>61281530
Well I'm managing it only for me someone else so it wouldn't be hard to change it. I didn't know someone else could get assigned your IP though, I always thought the gateway had an assigned IP. How are IP addresses assigned?

>>61281560
I haven't been inconvenienced at all from Discord though. Also they have usernames/passwords
>>
>>61281588
>they have usernames/passwords
and that's the only reason this shit still (somehow) works. otherwise something like
>>61281530
would happen
>>
>>61281588
>How are IP addresses assigned?
Basically DHCP. Your ISP has a pool of adresses and when your modem requests one it gets a random one.
>>
Where can I find a debian 8 live iso on thier website, I have no idea how to navigate the site

now I think I need 8, can some one confirm?

have mac air, in debian live bcmwl installs, but live has a bug where in wont install w/out internet

so I tried the non live install iso, and it installed, but missing dependencies to install bcmwl,

so debian 8 live? (been at this for 2 days, going homicidal towards apple and debian,)
>>
>>61281799
>Can't find debian
>Thinks he's ready for debian
>>
>>61281799
https://www.debian.org/distrib/
>>
>>61281851

im only seeing 9 there?
>>
>>61281814
installing arch is easier than navigating the debian website, at least arch has a wiki of how to use it
>>
File: 1487858464100.jpg (498KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1487858464100.jpg
498KB, 1000x1500px
could someone teach me/make for me a script in autohotkey that automatically opens my ublock origin and goes into the element picker mode?

I want to automate the task of hiding a spammer I'm facing in another unmoderated board

hope someone's interested
>>
Best cheap pfsense box? Doesn't need to be terribly energy efficient, just needs to be quiet and room for extra lan ports.
>>
If I use ethernet on my PC for my internet connection, is it possible to have a VM use the PC's wifi card independently from that connection?
>>
I have two identical internal hdds and want to put them into RAID1
One is formatted and ready, but the other has a bunch of files/movies/emulation backups/etc
Can I do this without formatting the drive with stuff on it?
>>
>>61281248
Looks good, but I can't buy from US store, I checked on a bunch of stores an found these

Lenovo Ideapad 110 15.6 "Glare HD LAPTOP (Intel Core i5 6200U M430, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, AMD R5 Graphics 2GB, DVD Burner, Windows Home) Black 10
EUR 397,42

Lenovo Ideapad 110 15.6 "Glare HD LAPTOP (Intel Core i5 6200U 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics, DVD Burner, Windows Home) Black 10
EUR 503,36

Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB Ordinateur Portable 15,6" Full HD Blanc (Intel Core i5, 4 Go de RAM, 1 To+ SSD 128 Go, Nvidia Geforce GT920, Windows 10)
EUR 440,83
>>
>>61282375
At least with mdadm it formats the partitions when creating the array.
But you should be able to make a two disk array with only one disk in it (the empty one) and the other marked absent or failed or whatever, copy the stuff over then add the second one.
>>
>>61282438
>>61281248
What about this one? https://www.amazon.es/Acer-E5-575G-56X9-Ordenador-Port%C3%A1til-i5-7200U/dp/B071DMDZGN/ref=as_li_ss_tl?smid=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_p=dcfd21fd-1954-4ef1-b66e-be0948759d8d&pf_rd_s=slot-5&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A1AT7YVPFBWXBL&pf_rd_r=8ZVQ4MWBZT4P899YD8KJ&linkCode=sl1&tag=ofertaparacom-21&linkId=3665986e0ce5b514e005c6a58e687c9b
>>
>>61282359
Yes.
>>
Is dangerous to shut down my Pc inmediately after playing a game when the GPU and the CPU are still hot?
Is there some recommendation about waiting for the devices cooling down?
>>
File: fuckmygaylife.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmygaylife.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
I was downloading games from from a torrent site and chrome started acting weird and now I get fucking popups if I try to open a tab. I've deleted everything I've downloaded today and it's still not working. something is fucked. any ideas?
>>
>>61282559
I think that you caught what is usually known as a computer virus.
>>
>>61282578

I have autism so how do I get rid of this shit?
>>
File: 1166635572991.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1166635572991.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>61282439
Thank you for the very quick reply, you've given me confidence!
Live long and prosper
>>
>>61282516
I'm not quite able to get this working correctly. I have both the ethernet and the wifi connections enabled and active, and each are connected to the networks I want them on. I have the connection priority on the host set to the ethernet connection. The vm is set to use a bridged adapter, and pointing to the wifi adapter, but isn't getting full connectivity. Is there something I've missed?
>>
>>61282595
Install Gentoo... that's the only solution to your problem.
>>
>>61282595
A trash can should be adequate.
>>
>>61269427
Is a function recursive, just because it calls itself, or does it have to have multiple possible paths to take to be recursive? Is it a requirement that a recursive function's last call is "the answer" that gets returned? The most common functions I see in recursion examples are things like solving a maze, or finding the greatest common divisor of a couple of integers, where all of these things are true... but I constantly hear from people, and it makes its way into a lot of descriptions that a recursive function is a function that calls itself until it hits a stop condition.

I ask because I have a function that takes metadata to build a tree structure of arbitrary height where each node can have an arbitrary number of branches, of a couple of different possible branch types, but where all of the information about what needs to be built can be found in the metadata. The function I have builds the tree structure from its root, and ends up deciding whether or not it needs to call itself again by looking at whether or not the metadata says that it has each type of branch, and in cases where it does, it generates a subset of the metadata and passes that into the next iteration of itself. Each time the function gets called, it has a pointer to a struct that exists outside of the function call that is the target for building the tree, and that's where my question comes in:

Is the function I have considered "not recursive" because the final result from the last time the function gets called isn't the "final answer" (because all of the calls build on the same struct they all received a pointer to) and because there's no chance for the function to do an incorrect check, or go in a wrong direction (because that information is all given to the node in the form of metadata)? Or is the function recursive because it calls itself and has a stopping condition that is "there are no children mentioned in the metadata"?
>>
>>61282638
>>61282641

how else will I steal 10 year old games?
>>
>>61282628
You probably want to pass the adapter directly through to the VM. Dig up a guide for your VMM.
>>
>>61282524
You mean because the fans will stop? Nah, the chips are not going to get any hotter and the run at that temp so they not going to melt.
>>
>>61282653
Go lift a 360 from somebodies dorm.
>>
>>61282662

all they got are shitbox ones
>>
>>61282645
>Is it a requirement that a recursive function's last call is "the answer" that gets returned?
No, nor is it required to function correctly, or ever return (well, you will run out of stack at some point).
Just because you are essentially saving the result in a struct somewhere rather than returning it doesn't change that. It is also very common to have eg
function(node, &state)

>ends up deciding whether or not it needs to call itself again
That is a stop condition doofus.
>>
>>61282655
Almost there, I'd forgotten that I previously turned off DHCP on the VM to manually assign an IP on the host network.

Now I just need to get the host to stop using the guest's network again.
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.