[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are prebuilds ever worth it? Have you ever seen a pre-built that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Orion 8pack.jpg (119KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Orion 8pack.jpg
119KB, 800x800px
Are prebuilds ever worth it? Have you ever seen a pre-built that was worth a damn? Would you recommend buying the parts and paying for someone to assemble it if you're a lazy piece of shit?

Pic related: It's an 8pack OrionX, A.K.A. a 26,000 euro computer.
>>
File: MemeTeam.png (39KB, 889x822px) Image search: [Google]
MemeTeam.png
39KB, 889x822px
Yes
>>
Most prebuilts are fine nowadays actually. The biggest thing to watch out for is weak PSU's and overkill CPU's. For some reason some "gaminh PCs" have an i7 and like a 750Ti. It's always funny when people on /v/ and /g/ will say shit like "I can build this for half the price!" And then massively cut corners and use inferior parts.
>>
>>61266219
>120mm deepkewl
>el e deee fans
>el e deeee strip lighting
>over kill 1000w power supply with shitty bronze efficiency
>windows 10

what did they mean by this
>>
http://www.microcenter.com/product/475437/g314_desktop_computer

Worth it?
>>
There was an hp prebuilt some time ago with a 980ti that was being sold very cheap during a sale. It cost pretty much as much as a 980ti iirc.
>>
>huge mark up labour costs and you miss out on learning how to fix something if it goes wrong

Also building a computer yourself if hang the fun and not hard at all
>>
>>61266210
Funny thing is, the way this GPU/PSU/component hike from mining is set up;
yes, lol.
>>
>>61266210
They're fine the Alienware Aurora is decent value
>>
>>61266210
I would go pre-built if I were going liquid cooled, cuz I know jack fucking shit about it and if I were going to shell out a bunch of money for high quality components in the loop, I would prefer that they were in capable hands.

If I had a buddy who was good with liquid cooling, sure, I'd buy the parts and build it with him, but nope.
>>
>>61266313
>Caring about lights
>Spending 2x on titanium that will take 10 years to payback
>gaymin on any other OS

I don't think they are really targeting autistic chinkpad owners anon. You powerlevel is still obscured well.
>>
fuck no its not. back in the day maybe when computers were hefty thick guage steel beasts of burden but everything is so fucking cheapened these days because youre paying to participate in a data mining botnet
>>
>>61266313
are you literally homosexual

also even though it is bronze 1000 watt allows easy SLI with 580s in the future, and as long as your aren't overcocking bronze will be just fine
>>
>>61266210
From just comparing price of components to price of a similar prebuilt, prebuilds are usually competitive for lower end computers. For high end shit it's usually cheaper to build yourself.
>>
>>61266828
Basic liquid cooling is stupid easy these days. If you buy a liquid cooling kit it will be totally self contained. You install it just like any other CPU cooler.
>>
>>61266828
just buy an AIO
>>
>>61268517
reduced ripple helps
>>
>>61266210

For business use they are well worth it. Get a service contract and just mail away the whole PC and get a new one, or the local manufacturer service tech comes to your business and fixes it.

Saving a few hundred dollars per PC for custom built ones is not worth it in a business when you have to pay extra IT dudes salaries to troubleshoot components.
>>
>>61266219
>upgrade from 400 to 1000 watts instead of 500-600 gold for some reason
>4gb 580 and no 8gb upgrade option
it's SO close to being a good buy
>>61268544
>SLI with 580s
>SLI ever
nice meme
>>
>>61268904
580s are prime SLI territory
>>
>>61266210
It's still one of the only ways to get an RX 580 powered PC, because you sure as hell won't find the cards in stock anywhere else. So right now it's worth it for a decent amount of people that just wanna play games and not spend weeks stalking store inventory/craigslist.
>>
>>61266340
with current gpu prices it actually is.
>>
>>61268789
[citation needed]

also, ripple != efficiency
>>
>>61266210
No.
You can build it with higher quality components, and for way less money.

Not to mention warranty on separate items,ability to mod it without voiding your warranty.

Building a pc is piss easy,other than applying thermal paste, it is just looking where to connect pins(labeled perfectly) and connect boards cables in only place they fit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.