[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Apple make an iPhone with an HD display that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iPhone-resolutions.png (95KB, 1118x604px) Image search: [Google]
iPhone-resolutions.png
95KB, 1118x604px
Why can't Apple make an iPhone with an HD display that isn't a phablet? Does "Retina Display" even mean anything anymore outside of marketing?
>>
>>61265059
>Does "Retina Display" even mean anything anymore outside of marketing?
Did it mean anything outside marketing before?
>>
>>61265199
Pretty sure it did at first, but Apple's pretty much behind in terms of DPI and resolution compared to other smartphones now.
>>
>>61265330
Device resolutions and DPI were increasing already at the time, Apple was behind when they brought out the iPhone 4, they just leap frogged the opposition, and then soon after they were leap frogged.
>>
>>61265330
Why do you even care if over 720p resolution on a 4.7"/5" screen you can't tell the difference. Same for 1080p on a 5.5" screen.

You are only wasting more battery and need more power to run something that looks identical
>>
>>61265059
why waste battery on extra pixels your eyes can't even tell the difference from a retina display?
it's retarded to have extra pixels past retina.
>>
>>61265491
>>61265531
There was a noticeable difference coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3 to a OnePlus X. I had an iPhone 5 not too long ago; it was a nice phone, but watching videos and web browsing killed my eyes.
>>
>>61265564
I guess a higher resolution screen would just be too draining on such a small battery. Eh, who knows?
>>
wait
isn't the iPhone 1080p?
>>
>>61265605
Phablets don't count.
>>
Retina display has fine enough DPI. There's no reason to have more
>>
>>61265491
there's definitely a difference between 1080 and 1440 at 5.2+ screen size
>>
>>61265626
Apple has had the same PPI on their smartphones since the iPhone 4. They could at least move up a bit.
>>
>>61265671
Why?
>>
>small fucking screen
>resolution of huge fucking monitors and tvs
>thus tiny fucking shit that has to be scaled up and looks just as bad or worse than having a decent resolution in the first place
This is how you know you're basically getting fucked by smartphone companies. They can now sell you absolutely any bullshit and you'll eat it up without even taking two seconds to think.

Smartphones are a crime against humanity and should be banned.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.