[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install Fedora 26 >read release notes >recommended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: fedora-logo-100528469-large.jpg (21KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-logo-100528469-large.jpg
21KB, 580x388px
>install Fedora 26
>read release notes

>recommended to replace xorg-x11-drv-synpatics with xorg-x11-drv-libinput
>recommended to replace xorg-x11-drv-intel with xorg-x11-drv-modesetting

>xorg-x11-drv-libinput makes my touchpad practically unusable
>xorg-x11-drv-modesetting causes terrible screen tearing

>look up bug reports
>oops, there's been problems with touchpad movements for 3 years, not a high priority to fix
>oops, there's no vsync available in modesetting, probably not worth it to implement

>reinstall legacy packages and everything works perfectly

This shit is going to backfire so hard.
>>
>>61261405
>install fedora earlier this year
>installer is very comfy
>installed fast, reboots into the desktop
>"GNOME has crashed"
>click OK
>everything works fine despite the "crash"
>delete fedora anyways because it literally crashed in less that 5 seconds
That was my only experience with this distro.
>>
I hate the fact that I need to use 3rd party repos for mpv, but other than that it's a great distro.
>>
>>61261405
Use wayland, it's tear free.
>>
>>61261512
lol, same here
>>
>>61262575
breaks my ssh x forwarded apps and x2go
>>
>>61262803
SSH X forwarding should still work under wayland. Wayland doesn't really support remote desktop yet though.
>>
fedora is literally shit
>>
That's why you use the XFCE spin, it's both stable and up-to-date.
>>
>>61261405
I am also having a few issues with Fedora this year, maintainers are getting lazy...

Is Debian a good distro for a laptop?
>>
>>61261405
>current year
>using fedora for anything but the sake of using fedora
>>
>He beta tests Red Hat software for FREE
>>
gnu\linux even functioning is a privilege, not a right
>>
welcome to linux.
>>
File: desktop1.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
desktop1.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>61261405
>Tried fedora GNOME a while back
>Used 2gb ram on idle despite debian gnome only using 1
>uninstall that shit and try Korora
>much better, but sort of bloated
>get bored of it and distrohop a while
>try the fucking dumpster fire that is cloverOS
>basically run out of ideas for distros that have uefi compatibilty I haven't used
>decide to try fedora mate spin (pic related)
>shit's snappy as fuck

Fedora gnome is terrible on lower-power machines, but the OS itself seems quite good. I'm hopeful.
>>
>>61263707
>Using that argument on a website where anyone who doesn't pay money has to literally work for Google to improve the botnet monopoly, just for a chance to post about how bad the botnet monopoly is, and nobody here realises the irony
>>
>>61265053
Ha that's funny I was going to reply to you and this time the captcha checkbox automatically solved itself. I didn't have to solve anything for Google to post.
>>
>>61261512
Same experience with Ubuntu.
>>
Nigga you never update a stable release of fedora

It's just asking for bugs and crashes
>>
>>61264815
>Using MATE
You rebel. Also, Gentoo has UEFI support.
>>
>>61261512
This shit happened with me on Ubuntu Gnome. It was something to do with plymouthd and the fix was reinstalling it or some shit.

Ironically, I went back to Fedora.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.