[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tracking device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: spiesnshit.jpg (3KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
spiesnshit.jpg
3KB, 180x180px
Hi /g/ EUROfag here

I need a small tracking device with it's own power supply or without any. Something that can send me it's location at any given time and I can monitor it on my phone or computer. And of course it must be small enough to be hidden in a car or in my case in a van.

I need it 'cause I suspect one of my workers is using firm's van and time for his own personnal activities.

Do you know of any good items or even suppliers in Europe with this kind of gagets?

tnx
>>
>>61244502
Just let him
If he damages the vehicle fire him
>>
>>61244558
time is money in our buisness.
and it's not about getting rid of him, he is a very capable it's just I need proof that he's abusing it, so I can take further action
>>
Just chill out. You shouldn't be invading his privacy. Let him do what he wants
>>
>>61244651
christ. I came here for a help finding a device not for moral instructions. It's not his privacy when he's doing it in my van on his shift
>>
>>61244674
Doing what exactly?
This sounds like a total non issue.
>>
cheapiest shit is to make your own.

many little MCU on the market such as mbed
you will need a i2c gps module and a gsm module to upload data to the net.

If you're stupid, it's easier to buy a prebuilt one with included software that works out of the box ...
>>
>>61244674
>My van
>His shift

The next red terror can't come soon enough
>>
>>61244731
Right, well I'm not doing that fucking nerd shit

I'll ask my question again,
what is the best tracker I can fucking BUY!? >>61244750
>>
>>61244766

seems like you're too much of a fagget to do a google research

let me do that for you :
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fags
>>
Tell him that van has GPS tracker. Cost 0 gold and it is effective, you don't have to fire him and he will stop doing that
>>
>>61244794
Hahahahahahahaha

Fucking grow up
>>
Can't you count km/miles the van has done?
>>
>>61244816
This is the correct solution. Even better to make an announcement to everyone that you have installed this to keep track of milage, routes or whatever. Doing it behind their backs is a prick move.
>>
Just get some cheapass android phone and a battery pank.
>>
>>61244828
i'm 19 years old and I can manage to succesfully create a prototype of this kind of a product.

You on the other hand can't do a simple google research.

The company should fire you for beeing inconpetent
>>
>>61244502
Just buy arduino and 3g usim, gps model and DIY it.
>>
>>61244816
>>61244900

did that already, I guess I have to do it for real now
>>
>>61244914
This
>>
>>61244916
I built the fuckin company and I confess I'm bad with computers. and I can afford being bad at it
>>
Why the fuck do you guys get so trigered that he just want's to buy one of those $10 cheapo devices to do it's one job once, instead of buying shit, wasting time and making his own that always will be a bigger mess? This isn't /diy/.
>>
>>61244931
OP is a stupid fag who considers this "nerd shit" but posts on /g/ anyway
>>
>>61244963
this
>>
>>61244958

if you fucking built the company and can afford to be stupid, just buy a prebuilt jew device you motherfucker
>>
>>61244963
Loonix/freetard fags

it's autism and it's sad
>>
>>61244964
OP here.

>>61244766 is not OP
>>
Get a pet tracker
>>
>>61244974
>just buy a prebuilt jew device you motherfucker
>that's what OP asked
no idea if bait or actual retardation
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GPS+tracking+device+for+cars
Here.
>>
Is he using firm's phone as well?
>>
>>61244979
Okie dokie fuck boy. Just keep giving dem juice freebies and see what happens
>>
>>61244502
Shit nigga, if you have no idea about a correct solution then you're clearly in the wrong position. And even if he uses it for his own activities, who wouldn't do the same? It's happening everywhere but nobody gives a fuck because it makes it worth for the worker to stay
>>
here you go OP
https://www.amazon.com/LESHP-Waterproof-Vehicles-Vulnerab-Peoplele/dp/B01MRDV9LP/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1499345636&sr=1-5&keywords=gps+tracker+for+vehicles
it really was a simple google search
>>
>>61244986
>>61244766
OP here.
I'm neither of these people.

>>61244931
This sounds interesting, but sadly extremely hard to do
>>
>>61244986

if you're OP, i would recommend building your own.

Start with a nucleo l432kc, you can get one for under 10$, I found some gps modules for 10$-20$, i never used one though so i can't recommend a specific one.
Then it depends how you want to use it:
you can buy another gsm module to connect and upload/access your data on the internet.

or you can store it on a microSd card and get the position information once you get your hands on your home made gps tracker.

The nucleo board is powered through a 3.3v micro usb cable, you will need some basic soldering skills to connect it to a battery

And finnally assemble your product into a piece of shit of plastic and voilĂ 

The only cost you'll get is your time learning to program that shit
>>
>>61244502
>>>61244974
>>just buy a prebuilt jew device you motherfucker
>>that's what OP asked
>no idea if bait or actual retardation
Well, it is 4chan, so probably both.
>>
>>61244990
its an actual retard. he started shouting about how good he was,
>I CAN MAKE THAT, YOU CAN'T, I BETTER

(also, under age desu)
>>
>>61245080

The raspberry pi is built for kids to play with ...
so if you're not using a keyboard with your feet you can do it
>>
OP is absolute ballsack.

Who gives a shit if he uses the van.
>>
>>61244502
>being a cunt to your workers

no wonder europe is failing and everyone is going bankrupt.
>>
If you treat your workers like shit, you're gonna have a shitty company.

Let him use the van you miserable cunt.
>>
>>61244502
Aliexpress,
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Goome-GM06NW-Vehicle-GPS-Tracker-Car-Tracking-Realtime-Tracking-System-Device-with-online-tracking-system-software/32793147059.html

Get a prepaid sim for a month and you;re good.

Alternatively,
just drop a spare phone with a tracking app installed under the seats.
>>
>>61244958
Fire yourself and let your employee be the boss. You seem to incompetent to be one.

On top of that, build a cuck shed beside your house, live there and let him fuck your wife.
>>
>>61244934
Doesn't your van have a kilometers counter? You said he is a good worker so make an estimate of the route he has to do and check if there is some irregularities. And don't be an asshole tell him you are doing investigation, your job is to make people works not firing them. That's just a suggestion, a relaxed and slightly free workplace make workers more productive
>>
>>61244914
This is a good ideia, just install some tracking app and leave it on, or use the google tracker thing.
>>
It's obvious OP is a boss who keeps firing people for bullshit reasons so he doesn't need to increase wages.
>>
File: 2017-07-06_14-04-50.jpg (199KB, 637x874px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-06_14-04-50.jpg
199KB, 637x874px
>>61244502
OP I actually bought the one in your picture and it works its cheap chinese shit basically put in a sim card in it with a text message package and you send a text to query location to the number on the sim and it spits out a google maps link back at you, pretty good but the battery is small and would have to be replaced regularly

there are trackers you can have installed and hardwired to the battery

in the end I went with one from pic related which is basically the Apple of solutions, I pay for "credits" to access what is a pretty comprehensive UI on the company website and it comes with its own app, considering how infrequently I would use such a device, it costs more than rigging your own but was too easy to sort out and I was short on time.

if you go with the phone solution just be sure to use rly strong magnets and weatherproof it
>>
>>61244963
/g/ has one dedicated consumerism thread, and that's /csg/. (/bst/, /wt/ and /mkg/ count but aren't as general as /csg/)

He could at least look at the board catalogue and at the very least, the sticky.
Yes, the sticky is there for a reason.
>>
>>61244502
Lmao. Another cuck can't do shit about his employees. Why don't you try growing your balls?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.