[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Did The Police Of London Not Use Colour Photographs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: hildenbrand-trench_1114449i.jpg (52KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
hildenbrand-trench_1114449i.jpg
52KB, 620x400px
Why Did The Police Of London Not Use Colour Photographs?

Refer to this link. This link contains photographs which are not safe for work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper

Notice that the photographs of the victims are in black and white. Refer to this photograph.
This photograph is not safe for work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MaryJaneKelly_Ripper_100.jpg

Colour photography was invented in 1861. The photograph of the victim was recorded in 1888. Why did the police of London not use colour photographs? I thought that evidence which had details was important for the police. A colour photograph has more details than a black and white one.
>>
Just because something is invented, doesn't mean it is mass produced or adopted.
>>
>>61243379
Another quality thread
>>
>>61243379
>color photography was invented in 1861 so everyone should have been using it by 1888!
Jesus Christ, Anon.
>>
>>61243379
3D VR 4K camera is already invented so everybody should use it, Isn't it?
>>
I shouldn't be replying, but what the fuck.

Colour photography wasn't nearly as convenient then as it is now.
Why don't security cameras shoot in 300fps 8k today? Because it's really fucking impractical.

Even once colour photography became ubiquitous, it still wasn't done all the time because it was expensive. Many film photographers would still shoot the bulk of their "messing about" in black and white because it was easier to develop and cheaper to do.
It was only really digital that put an end to that, because it took no additional effort of expense to record an image in colour.
>>
Because it was more expensive and the police had budgets back then. This isn't even the only reason.
>>
"colour photography was invented"
Not really.
It still required three identical slides taken with glass filters, and then to be projected with the same filters.
>>
lets ignore op and post early colour photos
>>
>>61244046
>everybody should use it, Isn't it?
Out of curiosity, are you Singaporean? This usage of "isn't it" seems to be particular to that country.
>>
>>
>>
File: Rgb-compose-Alim_Khan.jpg (2MB, 4823x3190px) Image search: [Google]
Rgb-compose-Alim_Khan.jpg
2MB, 4823x3190px
>>
>>61244082
no
>>
>>61243379
basically this >>61244064
The first practical large-scale application of color photography was actually by Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky starting from around 1905, where he went around taking photos of the Russian Empire in full color, but even with modern restoration techniques, there are a lot of alignment issues between color slides and the simple fact that stuff moved between frames.
Reminder that this was the time when you already had to stand still for several seconds just for one exposure, never mind three consecutive exposures, you can be sure he had a few helpers on had to quickly change the film and color filter as he shot.
Also this was likely a funded expedition by the Empire's top brass, photography itself was a very expensive endeavor to pursue in the old days even without the complications of color, so why would some filthy policemen have access to this technology?
>>
>>61243379
Are you a bot?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.