[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to slow speed of single device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I want to slow the internet speed of one of the devices in my house (connected over wifi) without affecting the speed of everything else. is there a way to do this?
>>
>>61237835
QOS will do the trick
>>
>>61237835
Man the fuck up and tell them to stop using it, that is of course assuming you are paying the bills,, otherwise get your own connection
>>
>>61237835
if your router supports QoS that's what you are thinking of is called.

it probably doesnt.
>>
>>61237857
Or he could log into the router and rate limit them. For example, I'm getting Verizon 940mbps soon, but I've heard rumors that Verizon will limit BitTorrent bandwidth to 300mbps for the entire house to share. There are three people in my house, so each device will have a BitTorrent bandwidth of 100mbps but every other protocol will be uncapped, I guess.
>>
>>61237835
QOS, or multiple SSIDs with a limit on one
>>
>>61237853
>>61237862
>>61237952
so i did some research and the shitty router doesnt support QoS, is there anything else you can reccommend?
>>
>>61237981
>is there anything else you can reccommend?
Can you flash the router to Openwrt? What kind of router is it?
>>
>>61237924
use a vpn
>>
>>61238015
>use a vpn
I'm poorfag but that's a good idea.
>>
>>61237981
tell your parents they are affecting your internet speeds (that they pay for) and ask them to stop
>>
>>61237835
If you have a rooted android : NetCut on the Play store. It works better than QQS for basic shit like blocking and restricting bandwidth, not a lot of options though. Bandwidth limit can only be changed by increments of 25%
>>
>>61238055
i rent a room in a house. someone in the house has been really pissing me off lately with other shit and this is my shitty way of getting back at them.
>>
>>61238157
stop being so petty anon, you will look back at this point in your life and realise how retarded you were.

trust me.

Go get some chocolate milk and watch some of your favourite Chinese cartoons, it will all be over soon
>>
>>61238247
Meh, it could just be a harmless prank, or trying to limit consumption of an 'always on' WiFi device with no internal means of consumption tracking. Give anon the benefit of doubt.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.