[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Keyboard issues.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Help me troubleshoot issues with my keyboard.

I recently bought a new keyboard. I got the CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX blue switches, but i've been experiencing random disconnects. Basically the keyboard disconnects and plays the USB device disconnect sound. The sounds usually plays 2 more times and then the keyboard starts working again. This happens every 30 minutes and is annoying the hell out of me.

I'm running Windows 7 and here is what i have tried so far.

>Using different USB ports.
>Uninstalling the device/drivers and reinstalling them
>Installing manufacturers drivers.
>Disabling the USB Selective suspend setting under power options.
>Checking USB settings under BIOS. USB Legacy support enabled.

I can't figure out what the hell is wrong. Maybe there is something else i haven't tried. I'm pretty sure that it's not an hardware issue on my PC, cause my previous keyboard worked just fine. Maybe it's a faulty keyboard and i have to return it.
>>
Had the exact same problem (with the exact same problem)

I just used a different wire. There was something wrong with the connection/
>>
>>61229140
Exact same keyboard*
>>
>>61229140
I tried the keyboard with my laptop and it seems to be ok. Approx an hour and thirty minutes have passed since i plugged it in.
>>
Just noticed that my mouse also lags briefly before the keyboard is about to disconnect.
>>
>>61228685
Clean it. Semen is electrically conductive.
>>
>>61229623
I would take this advice seriously, but i just got it 2 days ago. Still good 1-2 months before it's full of semen.
>>
Sound like your PC doesn't provide enough power. Read somewhere the solution is external USB hub with external power.

Or get the Masterkeys M.
>>
>>61229818
This might be the issue, thanks. But wouldn't this mean that the keyboard would turn off completely? All the lights and LEDs keep going even when it disconnects.
>>
>>61229921
How about this? https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301911-specific-keyboard-randomly-disconnects-but-works-other-computer.html
>>
does anyone know some software that will allow me to rebind my keys for others like F1 to work as ESC and so on?

my esc key physically dont work and cant fix it. so its a problem in a lot of games
>>
>>61230006
Autohotkeys
>>
>>61230006
Sharp keys or Microsoft Keyboard layout creator.

Regarding my problem, it seems that it probably is the power issue as nothing else seems to fix the problem. Will try to get my hands on an USB hub and see if it fixes the issue.
>>
>>61229818
>LGBT leds so bright your PC can't power it
lel
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.