[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AirPrint appreciation thread? AirPrint appreciation thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: AirPrint.png (7KB, 446x552px) Image search: [Google]
AirPrint.png
7KB, 446x552px
AirPrint appreciation thread?
AirPrint appreciation thread.

It just werks, Apple has released CUPS to the open source community, just download it, compile it and check the share button and you're good print on everything from an old iPhone 3g to a fresh install of GNU\Linux without installing one single driver. This is printing as it should be

Google's wireless printing solution is totally different. You have to sign into a botnet on your phone, you have to sign into a botnet on your printer, and then you can somehow print to your printer from anywhere in the word. Google does of course promise that they won't snoop.

Microsoft's solution is to install some drivers found on a CD rom and then an animated paper clip will guide you through a wizard and when you're done, it will probably not work to print out wirelessly anyway.
>>
Open sores software? Gimme.
>>
File: 1468260764980.jpg (252KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468260764980.jpg
252KB, 1000x1000px
>>61218219
inb4 300 replies

Poojeet poo in loo virgins are too fucking easy.

I can laugh in your shit eating faces and tell you I'm trolling and you'll still virgin rage 300 replies at me.
>>
I have a printer (canon pixma pro-100) for which no Linux drivers exist. How can I print to this from Linux? The printer has built in AirPrint support and works fine from Apple devices.
>>
>>61218704
Apple is using CUPS, if its working on OS X, then it's working on Linux. When you're adding printers in CUPS, you can chose which printer you have, if you don't find your model, just take a model with a similar name or use a generic gutenprint driver. i have never failed adding a printer in CUPS, worst case is that you don't get to see how much ink you have left

make sure the web interface is activated, and go to http://localhost:631
>>
>>61218814
I'm familiar with this, and have tried all manner of generic drivers. Nothing works. There is even a note in the cups release notes that they haven't figured out this printer. How can I take the drivers from OS X and make them work on Linux?
>>
>>61218883
you can either chose to select a printer from a list or upload a file. i did that with some printer at school in order to be able to print on both sides from linux, but if this is some special case, then i don't have any other ideas
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.