[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a web developer that was just fired anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Coiy6arUAAADRFc.jpg (11KB, 604x557px) Image search: [Google]
Coiy6arUAAADRFc.jpg
11KB, 604x557px
Ask a web developer that was just fired anything
>>
>>61217121
>fired
how did you fuck that up? what did you do?
>>
Do you consider yourself a "javascript artisan"
>>
Take the poo to the loo this time, okay Pajeet?
>>
>>61217121
What did you fuck up?
>>
>>61217121
Do you have some time to talk about our lord and saviour Jesus Christ?
>>
>>61217144
>>61217153
he was made redundant because web developers are literally useless and a waste of money
>>
I ♥ unicode?
>>
>>61217121

Did you pass unsanitized input to an exec() as root?
>>
>>61217144
Season was quite bad... 6 peple got fired. Which was theperfect excuse, since my boss hated me, since I was always telling him what he was doing wrong

>>61217147
No... until I saw how others write JS. Then I considered myself a Michellangelo of JS
>>
>>61217206
Okay second question, do you think you can trace back to where you went wrong in career choice? What led you down the path of web development?
>>
>>61217121
Why are you telling me your life story? I only asked for fries
>>
I 💩 unicode?
>>
>>61217232
Well, the problem itself is not in the path of web development, but there is a lot of idiot who does not get how to do it right, and usually in manager positions... I do believe each passing year that i should do something where I am my own boss..
>>
>>61217249
>but there is a lot of idiot who does not get how to do it right

I'd like to thank your boss for firing you Haji, how do I get in touch with him so I can convince him not to hire anymore H1B poo niggers?
>>
>>61217249
You might have to suck your pride down in moments like that, and just make sure your work never slips to their standards. Once you reach that managerial position, you'll have all the clout you need to encourage your own employees to meet those standards.

Luckily web development is a hungry field, so you're bound to get work again if you put yourself out there.
>>
>>61217121
Whats your favorite backend?
>>
>>61217282
I just couldnt work anymore with that crap code. All principles of programming ignored. Abstraction, Testing, Separation of concerns... it was just impossible.
>>
>>61217305
I enjoy lately a lot Ruby on Rails, it is so expressive in its language :)
>>
>>61217249
Well anon, keep your head high, best of luck to you man.
>>
>>61217267
LE BE JAETET MEMEMEM XDDDDD
>>
>mfw webdesigner
>mfw the webdev got fired the other week because eastern yuros are cheaper even with a billion years experience
love how programmers and developers are so busy making themselves redundant
>>
>>61217206
>since I was always telling him what he was doing wrong
YOU FUCKED UP BIG TIME BRO
>>
>>61217206
>Season was quite bad... 6 peple got fired
sounds like you got laid off, not fired
>>
>>61218525
Well, I got thrown out of the office. Not sure if the terminology is relevant...
>>
>>61218846
Laid off sounds much better and is typically utilized when companies let go of multiple people at once. Being fired quite often means you're the sole problem. However they're used interchangeably but use laid off more if you're speaking to any HR lol
>>
>>61218944
Sure, I will not be using the term "fired" on job interviews ;) I meant just here, in this conversation, is pointless :)
>>
>>61218991
well, you wouldn't get questions like this
>>61217153
fired means you were at fault, let go/laid off means the deficiency was with the company
most importantly, you can't get unemployment benefits if you're fired
>>
>>61219125
I think in the country i am living now (Germany) I can get them
>>
>>61217182

full stack devs are in demand
>>
>>61217121
>webdev
>implying you ever have been employed
>>
>>61220051
what should a good fullstack programmer know?
>>
>>61220157
never call it fullstack programming you'll just trigger everyone
and what you should know is in the name - full stack, front and back.
>>
File: hmyesh.jpg (116KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
hmyesh.jpg
116KB, 400x800px
>>61217182

>put c++ on my linked in

2 recruiters contact me

>put full stack JS on my linkedin

15 rectuiters contact me.

i think not buddy
>>
>>61221230
don't worry anon, when WASM becomes standard you'll get 17 recruiters with C++
>>
>>61217121
bower or webpack?
>>
>>61221561
Wasm is already a standard and partially implemented.

And yet, not much interest.
>>
>>61217121
can I have fries with my Big Mac please?
>>
How do you know which things to learn? How do you find out stuff like wasm bower webpack etc?
>>
>>61218944
>>61218991

At least in the US laid off and fired are two completely different things. Fired means there was cause and you were at fault for your own dismissal. It makes it much harder to collect unemployment though not necessarily impossible iirc. It's not just sounding better, you should always make clear it was a layoff. Have fun trying to explain your firing. Lay off most people won't even question.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (364KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
364KB, 599x563px
>>61221561
i hope so.
this fucking JS job is killing me, but it pays 3 times better than the highest c++ job i got offered.
>>
>>61221230
Fullstack means you have PHP, or more popular now, Java EE and REST experience in addition to JS you goon. JS + Java + specific front and backend platforms vs. generic C++, hmm, I wonder what's more valuable. It should be obvious. Fullstack is a loaded term.
>>
>>61217202

implying that's not standard practice
>>
>>61221949
>fullstack JS
>JS
where the fuck u getting php and java from ?
was i not clear ?
>>
>>61222043
This javascript nonsense is getting out of hand. But my point still stands about it asking for more specific and specialized knowledge
>>
>>61222080
It actually doesnt these days.
People who want web apps for their company or web bases SaaS companies seem to switch to JS because they can get a product out faster. sure it would be slower than elixir or go, but they give 0 fucks about it if it means they can get 2 weeks more time to get customers.

As a developer for a company that wants this desperately, i can literally get away with 4 second load times on the main page and it would still be put to production
>>
>Devops
Non-programmers babysitting servers
>frontend web developer
web programmer that can't do his job all the way
>fullstack developer
web programmer that can do his job all the way
>backend developer
regular programmer
>>
>>61217121
Oh man I want that mug !
>>
>>61217249
I got out of web dev years ago, when I realised how many hours I spent taking someones word document and turning it in HTML.
>>
>>61217121
What should I say to girls on tinder to get them to go out with me?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.