[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> First off, I’d suggest printing out a copy of the GNU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1486149763687s.jpg (7KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1486149763687s.jpg
7KB, 250x187px
> First off, I’d suggest printing out a copy of the GNU coding standards, and NOT read it. Burn them, it’s a great symbolic gesture.

BASED KERNEL DEVELOPER TEAM
STALLMAN BTFO
GNUTARDS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.10/process/coding-style.html
>>
>>61215792
Thanks OP, reading trough Gnu coding standard right now and will use it on my next C project.
>>
File: 1489613822910.png (141KB, 2688x2688px) Image search: [Google]
1489613822910.png
141KB, 2688x2688px
>GNU software save for a few minor projects works at intended and some of it is even multiplatform, where it also works
>linux kernel is still a broken, bloated and largely insecure piece of shit that gets worse with every version

really tabulates my indentations
>>
>>61215842
> The Linux kernel isn't cross platform
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>61216539
I think he meant that you can't run the Linux kernel on other operating systems without VMware.
>>
>>61216579
Yeah and how does that make him less of a retard?
>>
Jesus, 8 character tabs.
>>
They're just mad because they still couldn't replace GNU tools for decades and GNU Mach is a slowpy developing threat to Linux's existence
>>
I agree that 2 space tabs are retarded in C, that's meant for scripting languages like Ruby.
1 8char tabstop is basically equally retarded though
4 space tabs are the best
>>
linus is a superior human being to rms
>>
>>61216868
A true unix kernel would be compatible with other unix operating systems. Linux, although unix-like is not.
>>
>>61217315
Hardly.
They actually have to import drivers from Linux to be able to run the thing outside of a VM.
As a joke, it has been suggested to call it Linux/HURD.
>>
>>61218125
Thank you for confirming that you don't know shit about Unix, kernels, or operating systems in general.
>>
>>61217315
>GNU Mach is a slowpy developing threat to Linux's existence
Just like the Sun turning into a red giant is a threat to Earth's existence.
Yeah, one day, but we will be all be dead by them, and humanity will have moved to another platform a long time before that happens.
>>
GNU coding standards are actually perfect and should be used at all times as the come from RMS himself.
>>
>>61218130
Linux isn't going to develop good GNU alternatives soon either. If GNU people are just retarded and their coding standarts are "shit", why Linux Foundation -which is sponsored by numerous companies- still couldn't make a better alternative for 20 years?
>>
>>61218344
>Linux isn't going to develop good GNU alternatives
Let me stop you right there.
Linux is just a kernel, as you should know by heart like a good little GNU/Retard.
Neither Linus, nor the Linux Foundation are in business to replace GNU. They just make the kernel.
As it happens there *are* alternatives to GNU coreutils and libraries. Consider busybox and musl which are both used (exclusively or optionally) by distributions like Alpine, Void, Gentoo, etc.
Again, Linux has nothing to do with busybox or musl, just like GNU has nothing to do with Linux.
>>
>>61218476
well if they don't want to replace it why do they hate GNU so much? You have to dislike a thing too much to "burn it"
Doesn't GNU actually helps Linux to be more usable on desktops? Those alternatives are also inferior to GNU's ones
>>
>>61218670
>well if they don't want to replace it why do they hate GNU so much? You have to dislike a thing too much to "burn it"
Management by perkele. Especially since we're talking about Linus Torvalds here.

>Doesn't GNU actually helps Linux to be more usable on desktops?
It was actually Linux that helped GNU stay relevant. But that's really old history. Truth is, most people don't really care about coreutils, and those who do would do well even restricted to, say, FreeBSD coreutils.

>Those alternatives are also inferior to GNU's ones
Busybox? It's mainly for embedded systems but many of it users like it on desktop too for being pretty usable without all the --gnu-bloat. It's mostly POSIX-compliant so the necessary stuff is there.
Musl? These days it's actually pretty close in performance to GNU and with drastically less memory footprint and more maintainable. The problem is many programs depends on features unique to glibc and therefore work is needed to make them compile with musl.
>>
>>61218344
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality.

The problems being 1) it is broken, 2) technical debt lends to this broken state.
>>
>>61215792
I actually use the GNU coding standard for all my C projects. It's great and comfy.
>>
>>61215792
>2K10+7
>Worrying about readability on 80x25 displays
kek
>>
>>61218160
y-you too
>>
>>61219468
No it's shit you fucking moron
>>
>>61215792
> Now, again, GNU indent has the same brain-dead settings that GNU emacs has

Linus is 100% my idol
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.