[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I've got a software raid 10 array, 4x3TB, and can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: curious_mountain_cat.gif (4MB, 400x335px) Image search: [Google]
curious_mountain_cat.gif
4MB, 400x335px
Hey /g/

I've got a software raid 10 array, 4x3TB, and can only write 3TB to the array itself. Specifically:

Array Size : 5860528128 (5589.04 GiB 6001.18 GB)
Used Dev Size : 2930264064 (2794.52 GiB 3000.59 GB)

When I try to write to it, I get a message saying I need X more space, where X is the size of the file I'm trying to write to it. What could this be?

I've searched all over the internet, I've found a few similar issues but none have helped.
>>
What type raid is it?
>>
>>61213627
raid10
>>
>>61213630
Then it makes sense right? Change your raid type to something else
>>
>>61213644
raid10 should have half capacity, not one quarter, unless im mistaken.
>>
>>61213652
I'm just looked at your array size and used dev size and that makes sense for raid 10 as you said.
Are you certain your array disks are all properly attached and your have ran the necessary commands to grow your array to its max size
>>
>>61213676
Its the first time I've used raid, so I guess I can't be certain.

I've looked everything over though. Every type of command I can use to query the size always says 6TB, with 3 used. When I ran mdadm -D on the array, this is the output.

Version : 1.2
Creation Time : Tue Feb 17 15:25:08 2015
Raid Level : raid10
Array Size : 5860528128 (5589.04 GiB 6001.18 GB)
Used Dev Size : 2930264064 (2794.52 GiB 3000.59 GB)
Raid Devices : 4
Total Devices : 4
Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Intent Bitmap : Internal

Update Time : Mon May 30 02:33:38 2016
State : active
Active Devices : 4
Working Devices : 4
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0

Layout : near=2
Chunk Size : 512K

Name : ipfire:0 (local to host ipfire)
UUID : c30fa4ea:b21f58b1:c3edf83e:be731925
Events : 1846

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
0 8 1 0 active sync set-A /dev/sda1
1 8 17 1 active sync set-B /dev/sdb1
2 8 33 2 active sync set-A /dev/sdc1
3 8 49 3 active sync set-B /dev/sdd1

I've never added/removed any drives and none have failed. There are no bad blocks (according to mdadm). Not sure what else there is to do.
>>
>>61213696
Have you tried growing the array?
Also can you check that there's no operation going on your array right now?
I don't know what else if you don't have any data on it try to just destroy it and create a new one.
>>
>>61213746
>Have you tried growing the array?
I did but that was about a year ago, and may have done it incorrectly.

>Also can you check that there's no operation going on your array right now?
Not sure how, or if its possible. I'll investigate this, but its doubtful.

>I don't know what else if you don't have any data on it try to just destroy it and create a new one.
Yeah this is looking like the best bet. Its just going to be a pain to find 3TB spare capacity, do the transfers, etc. Especially since the only way to test it seems to be to fill it with another 3+ TB.
>>
Since it seems unlikely I'll get a fix to this, I'm considering making it a raid5 array instead.

Yes/no? Writing to it is rare with respect to reads.
>>
>>61213594
install Windows
>>
you did write the filesystem to the pseudo device and not just one of the disks, right?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.