[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCK AMD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: AMD Additional Settings.jpg (82KB, 1003x805px) Image search: [Google]
AMD Additional Settings.jpg
82KB, 1003x805px
Why did AMD intentionally remove the ability to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation programmatically?

I bought a used native 1080p projector that did not come with a remote for $150. I have a 90 inch screen. I use this screen to watch movies and play games in my man cave. Unfortunately, I cannot adjust brightness, contrast or saturation using hardware buttons. The only way to adjust these settings on my projector was on the remote control that I do not have.. My only option to adjust these settings used to be through the AMD software, but they intentionally removed these features. I'm going to say that again for emphasis. AMD's softer used to have the ability to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation through their program, and they INTENTIONALLY removed these feature.

Everyone keeps saying to revert to previous software version, but Windows 10 forces update to latest software because Microsoft insists that they know what I need better than I do.

So here I am, unable to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation on my display because instead of improving their software, some fucktard at AMD actually decided to task several people to intentionally remove these features from their software. Because Derp.

Are you guys fucking retarded? What could you possibly gain from taking the effort to remove these settings?
>/rant
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>61213316
I dual boot. I have a Linux distro on the same computer.

I have a Kodi home theater. I only boot windows 10 to play games that I can't play on Linux.
>>
>>61213296
AMD drivers fucking blow.
I would use Nvidia, but then I'd have to log in to update my drivers and that rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>61213316
>... and not have any of these options or accelaration at all
>>
>>61213327
Nvidia 3D is proprietary. I use AMD so that I can use non-proprietary hardware to watch Pixar in 3D using Sterioscopic player.

>the X152H is a 3D projector.
>>
>>61213296
> but Windows 10 forces update to latest software
You can blacklist it.
>>
>>61213342
>I use AMD so that I can use non-proprietary hardware
You mean software, I suppose.
But you also use Windows (and the associated closed-source Windows AMD drivers), so I don't know what to think.
>>
>>61213349
No, I meant hardware. If you use Nvidia graphics cards, you can only watch 3D on Nvidia approved 3D devices.

https://www.lifewire.com/nvidia-3d-vision-laptops-831760
>>
>>61213347
I've tried. Microsoft keeps reverting my blacklist.
>>
>>61213360
Oh, I see.
Well pick your poison.
>>
>>61213296
Could you get a universal/programmable remote and download or reverse engineer the IR codes?
>>
>>61213389
Alternatively buy a new remote, 22 dollarydoos
https://www.amazon.com/X152H-TeKswamp-Projector-Remote-Control/dp/B0722P7KWT/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1499157062&sr=1-1&keywords=X152H+remote
>>
>>61213296
> tfw no arduino-based remote running auto-brightness adjustment
>>
>>61213296
Get the legacy cataylst drivers, start the installation, le5 it extract to C:/AMD, cancel the install. Go to C:/AMD/15.4 drivers whatever. Find the catalyst menu installer, and change the default install directory to something else. Install it, go to directory, create shortcut of old catalyst menu exe, place on desktop. the old brightness options should be in there.
t. irritated amdfag
>>
>>61213296
I'm sure the engineers at AMD were like, "Let's fuck over people with projectors that can't change their brightness, contrast and saturation."
>>
>>61213296
>Why did AMD intentionally remove the ability to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation programmatically?

Because such features also exist in windows itself and in the projector.
Therefore having two sets of same settings in your PC might be redundant and even conflicting.
>>
>>61213497
>>>61213296 (OP)
>>Why did AMD intentionally remove the ability to adjust brightness, contrast and saturation programmatically?
>Because such features also exist in windows itself and in the projector.
>Therefore having two sets of same settings in your PC might be redundant and even conflicting.
That's true, but people still bitched about it. They need to bring it back. I remember /r/amd (yeah yeah, reddit I know I checked there over this issue myself) exploding over this and we still haven't got shit. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>61213438
More like, "if we remove these features, we won't have to maintain them. Less work."
>>
>>61213497
Have you ever adjusted contrast using windows?
It's literally a toggle. Your options are normal or high.
>>
>>61213296
>expecting AMD drivers to be good
are YOU retarded?

>Windows 10 forces update
>not LTSB
this part is your fault
>>
>Vindaloos 10
>Rakeshdeon GPU
>surprised you have a shit experience

wew lad
>>
>>61213296
yup have similar problem at work with my monitor and amd card, its locked to limited rgb and colors all look like washed out and i cant adjust it, since amd drivers removed the ability to do it, yet at home nvidia drivers allows it. I read comments of ppl with similar problem and suggesting rollback (didnt help in my case), also some amdrones suggesting "the full rgb" is fake and limited RGB looks better with proper "settings", srsly will never fall for amd meme ever again, good thing i only got it for my work.
>>
>>61213296
>he fell for the amd has drivers pajeet meme
>>
AMD removed the sliders. They consider them redundant an unnecessary, because hardware comes with the ability to make those adjustments.

If you have hardware that doesn't allow for the adjustment of these settings, either replace your hardware, revert to Crimson Edition 16.11.5 and follow the instructions listed here to prevent windows update from undoing your revert:
>https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/how-to-block-automatic-reinstall-of-a-driver-or/bff07224-4ce2-4b42-ab29-68c3a305d730

...or switch to Nvidia and let go of 3D until you can buy a proprietary Nvidia 3d projector.

Those are your only three options.
>>
>>61215074
Nvidia does normal steroscopic 3D. Nvidia 3D vision is dead.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.