[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tired of fucking around with unstable settings, spyware, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (99KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
99KB, 480x360px
Tired of fucking around with unstable settings, spyware, and driver failures on WINDOWS 10. Is ubuntu what I need? just downloaded the latest version.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61211552
linux just doesn't work by default, unless you have to spare.
>>
>>61211568
Mint does
>>
>>61211568
>time
yes, did you run out?
>>
>>61211552
You need manjaro
>>
Nah sounds like you want a mac

Linux is "fiddling with settings" the OS
>>
>>61211731
posting from ubuntu now. macs cant handle the video cards I have
>>
>>61211552
Ubuntu or Mint is what you want. And don't listen the shills who say that Ubuntu doesn't work by default, my fucking grandpa use it without any problem.
>>
Manjora or Mint
>>
>>61211552
>running a distro that doesn't respect your freedom and privacy
also
>running a distro with systemd
no
>>
>>61211552
Fedora is as retardproof as it gets. Don't get Ubuntu, theyre going through a desktop change.

I'm pretty stupid and I use Fedora
>>
>>61211552
>unstable settings, spyware, and driver failures
If those things upset you on windows you are going to be absolutely livid trying to use anything gnu/linux
>>
ubuntu is malware
>>
File: Ramiel.png (193KB, 733x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ramiel.png
193KB, 733x1000px
>>61214227
This. Especially unstable settings. Enjoy all your work getting wiped every other update if you're not using Debian or CentOS.
>>
File: 1496075233344.png (284KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1496075233344.png
284KB, 586x634px
>>61214228
Truth. I don't know why people still use Ubuntu.
>>
>>61214583
What do you use instead?
>>
>>61211552
I recommend ignoring the windows shills here.
Just give it a go. If you don't like it then that's fine.
But keep in mind that it IS different. People don't like things that are different.
>>
Drivers on windows are much better and more stable than linux
>>
>>61214728
here is your reply Pajeet, now gb2 /r/Windows
>>
>>61211552
Windows 7 my lad. Went back from 10 a few days ago and I feel great. Never using 10 again.
>>
File: obushma.jpg (35KB, 500x597px) Image search: [Google]
obushma.jpg
35KB, 500x597px
>>61211552
I'm using Devuan myself and love it. But you should know that fiddling with settings is something you have to do on gnu/linux. The upside of fiddling with gnu/linux settings is that you can customize EVERYTHING! Unlike windows where you can only do some things.

>driver failures
Drivers are a whole different issue. If you need to do anything game-related, go do windows instead. Wifi drivers can also suck ass, but can be done did overcome'd.

A general advice: Don't fuck around with the sources.list too much and NEVER stray away from stable repos. Testing and unstable are excactly that, unstable! I had to reinstall devuan twice because of vulkan drivers but now everything works (until it breaks again)
>>
>>61214612
BSD
>>
>>61211552
opensuse tumbleweed is all you need.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.