[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

all the purported advantages of systemd are things that make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1396986007381.png (654KB, 750x850px) Image search: [Google]
1396986007381.png
654KB, 750x850px
all the purported advantages of systemd are things that make linux behave more like windows. why can't systemd supporters just stay on windows where they belong?
>>
Wrong. They make Linux more similar to OSX, not Windows. The design is copied from OSX. OSX is also certified UNIX
>>
File: 1499001254602.png (264KB, 1352x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1499001254602.png
264KB, 1352x1436px
>>61209337
>>
>>61209337
Is that one of those pucks from a public urinal?
>>
>>61209616
Seems appropriate
>>
>>61209337
Linux is not Unix
>>
>>61209370
That's wrong though.
>>
>>61209907
.... It's literally inspired by OSX's init and overall design. If you knew anything about Windows Internals you wouldn't even be making though accusation though
>>
I use Linux because it's open source, not because I want to be a faggot LARPing as some greybreard running jury-rigged garbage from the 70s that was barely suited to word-processing and secretarial work, and which was largely a regression from the superior LISP machines at the time.

The rising success of *nix operating systems over the years is driven directly by its accrued complexity and departure from the UNIX philosophy.
>>
I can't actually figure out what's wrong with systemd other than 'its a departure from unix philosophy' and that poeterring has a stupid name and looks like a fag.

Its open source, so no botnet, right?

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.
>>
>>61210462
Modularity has been a complaint, which is slowly becoming less of one because of all the complaining. Basically the concern is/was that it would get to be too big, too monolithic, and too ingrained in everything to ever be feasible to remove, however over time the people who hate systemd have been building in various replacements. There are a bunch of arguments against systemd but that's one of the biggest.

Another issue is that Poettering is a known cunt, who likes to break shit and then blame it on other people.
>>
>>61210020
Open source shouldn't be a terminal goal. What's the point of using open source software if the code is a gigantic inscrutable mess and alternatives are being killed off?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.