[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fell for the ryzen meme and now i cant get a read on any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ryzen meme.png (3KB, 477x92px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen meme.png
3KB, 477x92px
I fell for the ryzen meme and now i cant get a read on any of the programs about the temps. Did i get a bad one?
>>
check the bios? of course you'll only get the idle temps

What about the AMD Ryzen Master Utility?
>>
>>61208253
use Ryzen master
>>
File: ryzenmaster temp.png (2KB, 90x21px) Image search: [Google]
ryzenmaster temp.png
2KB, 90x21px
>>61208276
even bios shows the lower than ambient temp. Ryzen master doesnt help either pic related
>>
>>61208253
>1.55v
are you trying to set the world onfire?
>>
File: vcore.png (2KB, 447x52px) Image search: [Google]
vcore.png
2KB, 447x52px
>>61208372
I dont think thats the cpu voltage, I didnt overclock anything except ram to its intended speed
>>
>>61208294
I heard on here that temps are 10c lower than what they are shown in programs.

You have a good cooler correct? Try a benchmark and see what temps you get.
>>
>>61208402
VID= the default voltage
kek
>>
>amd quality control
>made in china
kek
>>
>>61208510
whats that supposed to mean? I mean i didnt tinker with settings at all
>>
>>61208253
now i have no idea about ryzens but at least pretty much every modern amd before that (pretty much all cpus after am2 socket) apparently don't have regular temperature sensors on the cpu, pretty much all software show very low temps on idle when AMD
read this, maybe its still revelant with ryzen, no idea: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html
>>
>>61208617
holy fuck did i fuck the grammar on that post, but anyway, it might be that ryzen still uses the same way to calculate the temperature, its some kind of "thermal margin" which seems to be very accurate at high load, so you shouldn't be worried about these low temperature readings on idle, i have seen it on all modern amd processors i have owned and on machines other people own and have amd processors
>>
>>61208617
>>61208662
Yea but the thing is I've seen in videos people have tempretures on all cores etc, programs dont even show individual cores for me let alone the correct temps. Is it possible the bios i flashed didnt flash correctly yet still works?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 599x87px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 599x87px
>>61208253
update your bios and hwmonitor
>>
>>61208792
I have the 1201 bios for crosshair vi which should be the lateast. Can I re-apply the bios? Is that a thing? Maybe my bios installation was fucked
>>
>>61208688
as i said, i am not sure about ryzen but at least other amd processors do not have individual sensors on every core, its only one reading you should get. few programs might show a reading for every core but its very similar and usually differs only with few degrees if there is any difference. what readings do you see when you stress the cpu, if ryzen uses the same way to calculate temperature these low values are "normal" when your cpu is cool or idle.
>>
>>61208819
can if you want, what hw monitor version are you running?
>>
>>61208885
version 1.31.0
Driver 143
>>61208878
Maybe it shows only one stack for temp, on load it got to 19 my rooms 27C
>>
>>61208903
well if even on load it stays low thats weird, i can confirm on older amd processors (FX-8350, A8-3870K and various other crappy cpus) that they show 10-20c on desktop usage or even under, but if the cpu gets loaded and heats up while compiling something for example i can see more realistic values of a bit over 50c. try another software, but if ryzen does use this method for temperature, then one reading is what you are supposed to get. aida64 and hwinfo64 were what i used on winshit back in the day
>>
>>61208903
same version as mine, if definitely your bios reload and set optimised defaults
>>
>>61208510
>VID= the default voltage

No it isn't, dumbass. Overclocking Ryzen chips also raises the VID, and it's a completely irrelevant number. It's not a measure of any real voltage, it's a measure of what the CPU is requesting. Actual vcore voltage is all that matters, and that'll be whatever you set it at.
>>
>>61208966
Theres one small problem though. Sometimes my pc doesnt boot up because it doesnt see my gpu. Which i think is related to fucked bios. Because once it boots up no more issues. Doesnt bios update restart couple of times? What if it doesnt see the gpu again? I'm scared of bricking
>>
>>61208989
Take it to geek squad anon or head over to the asus support site.
>>
>>61208253
>Did i get a bad one?
Yes. Too bad you can't return your brain.
>>
reinstalled bios but temps are still the same
>>61209890
hilarious
>>
>2017 and AMD still doesn't fix their sensors
Jesus Christ
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.